Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 71 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-27-2012, 10:48 AM   #886
MsLizVt
pfft ...

Oddometer: 1,550
Just curious ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saget View Post

Contour Roam camera hanging beneath my Blade 400. My heli piloting skills leave alot to be desired, I'm way smoother with a plane!! But it was still fun to try.
Saget, hi!

Great video! Quick question, do you live across the street from a major trap and skeet club?

Liz
MsLizVt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 11:17 AM   #887
Saget
Not quite a full house

Oddometer: 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsLizVt View Post
Saget, hi!

Great video! Quick question, do you live across the street from a major trap and skeet club?

Liz
You're right, I do. I have to be careful where I fly when they're out there shooting. I don't want any of my models being mistaken for targets!!

Actually, they're very good neighbors. They're only out there for a few hours a couple of times a week. They shoot the other direction from the house, so the noise is much less than you'd think. Can't hear them at all when I'm inside. The members spend a lot of time taking care of the place, keeping it clean and in nice shape. I let them use my field for extra parking when they have big events once or twice a year, and they let me fly over there when they aren't around. It's been nice.
2008 Kaw Connie14
2005 Kaw KLR650
Saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 05:40 PM   #888
MsLizVt
pfft ...

Oddometer: 1,550
Very cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saget View Post
You're right, I do. I have to be careful where I fly when they're out there shooting. I don't want any of my models being mistaken for targets!!

Actually, they're very good neighbors. They're only out there for a few hours a couple of times a week. They shoot the other direction from the house, so the noise is much less than you'd think. Can't hear them at all when I'm inside. The members spend a lot of time taking care of the place, keeping it clean and in nice shape. I let them use my field for extra parking when they have big events once or twice a year, and they let me fly over there when they aren't around. It's been nice.

When I was watching the landscape from the bottom of your helicopter I kept seeing glimpses of the trap fields. At first I knew I recognized the lay out, but wasn't sure what I was seeing. Then one of the skeet fields came into view and I was convinced. My dad and his friends did a bit of trap shooting.

Trap and skeet shooting used to be a pretty big sport here in the Northeast. Unfortunately, many of the clubs have been closed down, due to residential growth.

That's a really good sized facility by you. They must have some pretty good shoots, and probably the state shoot too.

Thanks again for the video, and confirming my suspicion.

Liz

[end hijack]

MsLizVt screwed with this post 01-27-2012 at 08:36 PM
MsLizVt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:02 PM   #889
pilot815
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,442
New Skyraider from HK!!!!
Old 01-27-2012, 08:24 PM   #890
Jeffy
Hmm...

Oddometer: 5,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot815 View Post
Wish i could hear it flying. Although I can imagine it's a bit buzy since it's so small.

Old 01-28-2012, 01:12 AM   #891
Jeffy
Hmm...

I saw this over at Blade when I was looking at heli's. Would be nice for a camera mount.

Question, I was thinking about getting a Blade 120 SR. Now if I was wanting to explore more, would it be smarter to get a BNF (without radio) and buy a good quality DX6 instead of the cheap radio it comes with? The DX6 costs more then the Blade 120 SR but if I was going to bind it to more then one bird, I figured it would be better to get a nice radio? Sound reasoning?
Old 01-28-2012, 09:31 AM   #892
pilot815
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffy View Post

Question, I was thinking about getting a Blade 120 SR. Now if I was wanting to explore more, would it be smarter to get a BNF (without radio) and buy a good quality DX6 instead of the cheap radio it comes with? The DX6 costs more then the Blade 120 SR but if I was going to bind it to more then one bird, I figured it would be better to get a nice radio? Sound reasoning?
I think that is the way to go. I wish I would have just bought the DX6i that I ordered last night with a PNP plane.

Update on my Flysky/Turnigy radio. I thought it had been causing my unexplained control issues and after investigating a few things it turned out that the radio wasn't at fault. The cessna crash was due to the aileron on the right wing separating and spiraling into the ground. The AT-6 crashed on take off due to a stall from trying to take off too quick. I went ahead and took the AT-6 out again today and it flew nicely. I still have the DX6 coming in so I believe I will sell the flysky and receivers to make up for some of the cost of the radio.
Old 01-28-2012, 04:27 PM   #893
Jeffy
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot815 View Post
I think that is the way to go. I wish I would have just bought the DX6i that I ordered last night with a PNP plane.

Update on my Flysky/Turnigy radio. I thought it had been causing my unexplained control issues and after investigating a few things it turned out that the radio wasn't at fault. The cessna crash was due to the aileron on the right wing separating and spiraling into the ground. The AT-6 crashed on take off due to a stall from trying to take off too quick. I went ahead and took the AT-6 out again today and it flew nicely. I still have the DX6 coming in so I believe I will sell the flysky and receivers to make up for some of the cost of the radio.
Ok, thanks. I figure it was a good idea just to bite the bullet and get the good radio.

Found my old Futaba in the closet the other day. Was a good radio back in the day. Haven't come across my Attack 4 yet but I know I still have that one as well.

Old 01-28-2012, 08:44 PM   #894
DakarNick
Swabee

Oddometer: 6,606
Hi all! I haven't been in this thread for a while. I'm flying micros right now.

I currently have:

Parkzone Vapor
Parkzone UM T-28 Trojan
E-Flight UM 4-Site
Bowker Aeromodels Yak 55
Blade mCX
Blade CX2 (parts, for sale)
Blade SR (RTF, for sale)
Blade mCPX V1

Yes, I like Horizon Hobby stuff. Parts are readily available from my LHS.

I've been getting into 3D. The 4-Site is fun but the BA Yak should be much more capable. It's a custom CNC milled Depron profile foamy that uses 4-Site guts. I was going to maiden it today but it was too windy.

I'm flying with a DX7S. Love it!

Getting this next. My first plane over 20" wingspan since my first nitro trainer. Twisted Hobbys Crack Yak! Woot!
http://twistedhobbys.com/TH-32-EPP-C...ak-55-Blue.htm

I'd love to get an mQX like was mentioned. But I need to sell my SR and CX2 parts first. Very informative thread here.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1563931

DakarNick screwed with this post 01-28-2012 at 09:04 PM
DakarNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 09:17 PM   #895
DakarNick
Swabee

Oddometer: 6,606
Jeffy, I agree with the others about the radio. I used the radio from my CX2 on my Vapor and Trojan. I kept putting off a radio and bought the mCPX ready to fly. It comes with the 4e.

So, I bought a DX7S for Christmas. Now I have two spare transmitters!

The 6i is the cheapest model with programming which is always nice to have. Not just dual rates and expo but storing model memory.

DakarNick screwed with this post 01-28-2012 at 09:26 PM
DakarNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 07:32 AM   #896
Robert Ford
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 295
Have any of you guys built an RCPowers airplane?

www.rcpowers.com
Robert Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 11:32 AM   #897
Bender
I can pass this guy.

Oddometer: 33,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffy View Post
I saw this over at Blade when I was looking at heli's. Would be nice for a camera mount.

Steeper learning curve on that thing, but it's pretty damned cool.
Old 01-29-2012, 04:08 PM   #898
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,589
1100mm is not real small...it is going to be bigger then the electrifly WWI series of planes, but a tad smaller then the Parkzone corsair and such....not a real bad size. IMHO the 1400 series plane are about as big as you can get on a foamy, while the 800mm series is about as small as I would like to go for an outside flyer....any smaller and I just have no fun in any kind of wind.

I am looking hard at that sky raider....I busted a prop trying to take off from grass....wheels are just too small for grass....I knew better but gave it a try anyway...should have taken it to the high school track to fly off of. And thanks to the chinese new year my replacement props just shipped.

I also have the hots bad for this bad boy...its a 1400mm plane.

FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 04:16 PM   #899
pilot815
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPGT72 View Post
1100mm is not real small...it is going to be bigger then the electrifly WWI series of planes, but a tad smaller then the Parkzone corsair and such....not a real bad size. IMHO the 1400 series plane are about as big as you can get on a foamy, while the 800mm series is about as small as I would like to go for an outside flyer....any smaller and I just have no fun in any kind of wind.

I am looking hard at that sky raider....I busted a prop trying to take off from grass....wheels are just too small for grass....I knew better but gave it a try anyway...should have taken it to the high school track to fly off of. And thanks to the chinese new year my replacement props just shipped.

I also have the hots bad for this bad boy...its a 1400mm plane.

There was a guy on rcgroups that rebuilt one of those FMS/Airfield Stukas that had crashed and then painted it to resemble one that was stolen by the RAF and painted in RAF colors. Pretty cool plane.
Old 01-29-2012, 04:37 PM   #900
Jeffy
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Ford View Post
Have any of you guys built an RCPowers airplane?

www.rcpowers.com
I've followed his youtube channel on and off for a few years. Back when it was all about RC. The X-39 project was pretty cool. I posted a vid of it just the other day here actually.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: