Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2012, 06:25 AM   #16441
Ginger Beard
I have no soul

Oddometer: 6,185
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetable View Post
That dude is probably just stuck behind a train of bikes with FL plates that can't work a turn or a mirror. .

So that's what the dirty looks were for the last time I was in TN?

Scramster
Ginger Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:36 AM   #16442
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Oddometer: 48,675
This thread has really sucked lately. How about we cut all the BS and get back to photos?

Jim
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:43 AM   #16443
Twin Torque
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2wheels View Post
Continued hijack.

Our daughter is continually frustrated by lack of properly fitting MC gear. She is 5' 7" & 115# with long legs.

XS Bell helmet fits good but jacket and pants? Revzilla has some better fitting gear for her.
Rukka does lady specific gear. Not tried personally for the obvious reason but I hear good reports about the fit.
Twin Torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:51 AM   #16444
hooliken
Awesome is a flavor

Oddometer: 2,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJGypsy View Post
i'm gonna go out on a limb. this guy ^^^, and his species of rider, i don't think we're gonna be bothered by them for much longer. i think they're gonna kill themselves off. the whole "street tires on a dirt bike and racing leathers" (and the inconsiderate, unsafe, asshole riding style they have) needs to stay on the track. they're right up there with the idiot pirate HD crowd and sportbike squid crowd. when i went to the dragon a few years ago, it was like every other bend had one of these supermoto asshats in the ditch. next time, keep your dirtbike in the dirt, with dirt tires on it. asses.
Dude! If you are this pissed about motards blowing by you than you are REALLY gonna blow out your main o-ring when a dirtbike, on dirt tires, with side cases blows by you in a corner ...........Stick to cruising A1A or whateva it is you do in Flo-Ri-Da!

Got some friends that will ride Croom with you that will give you a good workout.
hooliken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:03 AM   #16445
DJGypsy
Ewok Taxidermist

Oddometer: 458
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooliken View Post
Dude! If you are this pissed about motards blowing by you than you are REALLY gonna blow out your main o-ring when a dirtbike, on dirt tires, with side cases blows by you in a corner
blow by me all you like. just do it in the next lane over and don't make me have to see you in the ditch on the next bend like so many others. between biketoberfest and bike week we get this influx of intolerable asses from the frozen north making it hell for the few capable FL native riders that just want to enjoy the ride without having to dodge out of state corpses.

Quote:
...........Stick to cruising A1A or whateva it is you do in Flo-Ri-Da!
you really think i'm gonna tell you what i do down here? i ain't giving away my secrets

Quote:
Got some friends that will ride Croom with you that will give you a good workout.
i'm not a dirt guy. you all go on ahead.
DJGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:11 AM   #16446
DJGypsy
Ewok Taxidermist

gimme gimme gimme!
Old 09-26-2012, 07:16 AM   #16447
Tip Over
Whoopsie!

Oddometer: 994
Quote:
blow by me all you like. just do it in the next lane over and don't make me have to see you in the ditch on the next bend like so many others. between biketoberfest and bike week we get this influx of intolerable asses from the frozen north making it hell for the few capable FL native riders that just want to enjoy the ride without having to dodge out of state corpses.
Even the in-state ones can be a bear.
Tip Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:18 AM   #16448
RDTCU
Banned

Oddometer: 2,279
Quote:
Dude! If you are this pissed about motards blowing by you than you are REALLY gonna blow out your main o-ring when a dirtbike, on dirt tires, with side cases blows by you in a corner ...........Stick to cruising A1A or whateva it is you do in Flo-Ri-Da!

He's just jealous, because if you drop a motard, you dust yourself off, pick it up and keep riding, maybe get some new sliders later.
Drop anything else and it's $100s or $1000s for some new plastic or chrome and you're probably hitching a ride home, either because your bike is inoperable or one or more of your limbs are..
RDTCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:26 AM   #16449
Bill Harris
Confirmed Curmudgeon

Oddometer: 6,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetable View Post
NCHP. For the record, they are perfectly colored to blend in with asphalt and gravel. Sitting in a gravel pulloff, they just disappear.
Ah, so they are. I breezed bythat photo, didn't notice the uniforms. Those are odd-looking crash bars-- are those for hanging special LEO equipment off of (like on the rider's left) or are they stock?

Those fellas look serious.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:27 AM   #16450
hooliken
Awesome is a flavor

Quote:

you really think i'm gonna tell you what i do down here? i ain't giving away my secrets

i'm not a dirt guy. you all go on ahead.
I'm just razzin ya dude. I think the major issue is that there are far to many willing to risk far to much on public roads. I agree that some should keep the full on shenanigans on the track but............................what would we have to make fun of????
Old 09-26-2012, 07:32 AM   #16451
hooliken
Awesome is a flavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDTCU View Post
He's just jealous, because if you drop a motard, you dust yourself off, pick it up and keep riding, maybe get some new sliders later.
Drop anything else and it's $100s or $1000s for some new plastic or chrome and you're probably hitching a ride home, either because your bike is inoperable or one or more of your limbs are..
+ 11T Billion

One minor lowside on the 2004 R1..............$5000 dollars in parts alone.

Endo the big KTM offroad. Had to true up the front wheel, loosen and retighten forks and added some awesome battle scars. Nothing but a couple hours worth of work! Which also involved drinking beer! Win-Win
Old 09-26-2012, 07:48 AM   #16452
The_Commander
The Man.

Oddometer: 5,831
Actually, those are Tennessee Highway Patrol bikes. They also have Harleys with typical cop Harley looks. The BMWs are new for this year. Paint scheme is black, tan and white same as with their cars.
The_Commander is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:55 AM   #16453
DJGypsy
Ewok Taxidermist

Quote:
I'm just razzin ya dude.
no sweat

Quote:
I think the major issue is that there are far to many willing to risk far to much on public roads.
BINGO.

Quote:
I agree that some should keep the full on shenanigans on the track but............................what would we have to make fun of????
there is that. but oh, the injuries
Old 09-26-2012, 07:59 AM   #16454
thetable
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Harris View Post
Ah, so they are. I breezed bythat photo, didn't notice the uniforms. Those are odd-looking crash bars-- are those for hanging special LEO equipment off of (like on the rider's left) or are they stock?

Those fellas look serious.
Riders left is PA/Siren, riders right, you can see a radar/lidar gun holster.

The crash bars on most motor units are meant to be USED. Hot pursuit turns to foot pursuit, bike can be dropped on a flat surface with no damage. Notice the bags are nicely protected as well.
thetable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:05 AM   #16455
thetable
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Commander View Post
Actually, those are Tennessee Highway Patrol bikes. They also have Harleys with typical cop Harley looks. The BMWs are new for this year. Paint scheme is black, tan and white same as with their cars.
Are you looking at the same picture we are. The black and silver unit? Yeah, that's definitely NC. Still don't believe me?

thetable is offline   Reply With Quote