Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2013, 09:44 AM   #19486
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 19,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug s. View Post
hey dakez, instead of simply posting mindless blather, how about trying to say what is false about what i believe to be a more accurate statement about japanese cruisers -

model for model, japanese cruisers will out handle and out accelerate their h-d counterparts.

doug s.
That isn't how it works there Dougie. You made a claim. I called bullshit to... It is you that needs to back up your folly. You made a statement that for the most part is just as silly as the 30 year old reliability jabs.

Go ride them and get back to us dougster.

DAKEZ screwed with this post 03-04-2013 at 09:51 AM
DAKEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:46 AM   #19487
yuu
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beto View Post
hanging off, counter steering or show off?

This things ride a lot like a snow sled and will lift the outside wheel in a turn, if pushed hard enough.

Problem with hanging off them is that all the brakes are operated by a foot pedal which can be hard to find if you're climbing about
Old 03-04-2013, 09:48 AM   #19488
TrashCan
Scary Jerry

Oddometer: 4,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAKEZ View Post

Well Doug, I guess your detailed answer.
He failed to tell you that he is a Hardley salesman.

TrashCan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:50 AM   #19489
doug s.
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,273
Quote:

That isn't how it works there Dougie. You made a claim. I called bullshit to... It is you that needs to back up your folly. You made a statement that for the most part is just as silly as the 30 year old reliability jabs.

btdt... personally, i enjoy driving my gen-1 scion xb more than riding cruisers... it is simply more fun!

now, my edit, to respond to your edit - you didn't call bs to my claim, you only spewed inane mindless insults. and, i really don't give a flying fuck about your perceived "need for me to back up my folly". jap cruisers outperform h'-d cruisers. period. don't like it? your insults and bs won't change it. and i don't have any "need" - or desire - to try to prove otherwise. you wanna prove otherwise? good luck! meanwhile, keep spewing the mindless insults - good luck w/that.

doug s.

doug s. screwed with this post 03-04-2013 at 10:04 AM
doug s. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:51 AM   #19490
spezjag
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,958
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuu View Post
This things ride a lot like a snow sled and will lift the INside wheel in a turn, if pushed hard enough.

Problem with hanging off them is that all the brakes are operated by a foot pedal which can be hard to find if you're climbing about
Fixed.

Much like riding a hack - if you want to go fast, be prepared to climb all over the bike.

And as Yuu said, don't forget where that brake pedal is located.

Only a motorcyclist knows why a cheetah hangs its head out the window. - Peterman
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ6jy8o...ure%3Dyoutu.be
spezjag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:52 AM   #19491
doug s.
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrashCan View Post
Well Doug, I guess your detailed answer.
He failed to tell you that he is a Hardley salesman.

seriously? who'd a thunk?

doug s.
ps - personally, i'd never own a harley, even if i did enjoy cruisers, not after what they did to erik buell.... it used to be, i would always recommend h-d's to folks who wanted a cruiser. nevermore...
Old 03-04-2013, 10:02 AM   #19492
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
btdt... personally, i enjoy driving my gen-1 scion xb more than riding cruisers... it is simply more fun!

doug s.
I agree. I am not a cruiser (feet forward) owner/rider... It is not the riding I like to do. But it does have me riding them almost daily. Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki, ... And Yes Harley's.

The reason I have metrics to ride is because riders come in and I have them ride a Harley or two. It opens their eyes to just why Harley-Davidson outsells all the metrics combined in the USA.

If you are ever out this way be sure to let me know and we can take a few out riding. The you will know that your claim does not have validity.

It really is that simple. Go ride them and get back to us.

p.s. After the feet forward... We can get on some fun bikes and enjoy a few of the great roads we keep secret out here in Oregon.

DAKEZ screwed with this post 03-04-2013 at 10:09 AM
Old 03-04-2013, 10:03 AM   #19493
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Oddometer: 49,603
If DAKEZ is that sensitive about a little HD bashing he better never take up riding BMWs!

Jim
JimVonBaden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:08 AM   #19494
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimVonBaden View Post
If DAKEZ is that sensitive about a little HD bashing he better never take up riding BMWs!

Jim
Been there. Done that. Had to stop when I stopped going to Starbucks.

Quote:
seriously? who'd a thunk?

doug s.
ps - personally, i'd never own a harley, even if i did enjoy cruisers, not after what they did to erik buell.... it used to be, i would always recommend h-d's to folks who wanted a cruiser. nevermore...

What Harley did to Erik?

You mean what Erik did to Erik

It doesn't matter anyway as Erik is doing fine. Ronnie S. signed up with EBR this year for the AMA racing series and they should have another good year on the track. He should even have an affordable bike out to the public this year.

DAKEZ screwed with this post 03-04-2013 at 10:17 AM
Old 03-04-2013, 10:10 AM   #19495
TrashCan
Scary Jerry

Oddometer: 4,212

TrashCan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:12 AM   #19496
doug s.
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
I agree. I am not a cruiser (feet forward) owner/rider... It is not the riding I like to do. But it does have me riding them almost daily. Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki, ... And Yes Harley's.

The reason I have metrics to ride is because riders come in and I have them ride a Harley or two. It opens their eyes to just why Harley-Davidson outsells all the metrics combined in the USA.

If you are ever out this way be sure to let me know and we can take a few out riding. The you will know that your claim does not have validity.

It really is that simple. Go ride them and get back to us.

p.s. After the feet forward this done we can get on some fun bikes and enjoy a few of the great roads we keep secret out here in Oregon.
a couple things we agree on
- the pacnw is god's gift to n. america.
- feet-forward, leaned back riding is no fun.

a couple things we disagree on
- h-d's do not outperform their metric brethren (i did say "btdt", remember? no i don't have a lot of experience - thank dog! but enough to have an opinion. plus, i know how to read and can make educated opinions from experts.)
- metric cruisers are not outsold by h-d because of the way they ride. imo they only outsell the metrics cuz they say "h-d" on 'em.

doug s.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:17 AM   #19497
doug s.
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Been there. Done that. Had to stop when I stopped going to Starbucks.

What Harley did to Erik?

You mean what Erik did to Erik

It doesn't matter anyway as Erik is doing fine. Ronnie S. signed up with EBR this hear for the AMA racing series and they should have another good year on the track. He should even have an affordable bike out to the public this year.
well, i could say "another ignorant post from the dakezster", but i would rather yust say that reasonable persons can disagree.

h-d fucked erik plain and simple. and they screwed themselves too, imo, in the process. if they had properly supported erik and his buells, buell would have been plenty successful, right alongside h-d. at the wery least, h-d could have sold buell; it had a serious buyer.

yes, erik will land on his feet. no excuse for how h-d treated him.

doug s.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:18 AM   #19498
Paebr332
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 851
Quote:
Dueling target fixation.
Paebr332 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:21 AM   #19499
doug s.
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
well... the gl1800 handles well enough to at least stay in its own lane, but not well enough to awoid the road king which can't manage the stay-in-lane trick.

doug s.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:23 AM   #19500
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
well, i could say "another ignorant post from the dakezster", but i would rather yust say that reasonable persons can disagree.

h-d fucked erik plain and simple. and they screwed themselves too, imo, in the process. if they had properly supported erik and his buells, buell would have been plenty successful, right alongside h-d. at the wery least, h-d could have sold buell; it had a serious buyer. I agree... it is now better for Eric that they didn't

yes, erik will land on his feet. no excuse for how h-d treated him.

doug s.
Erik made his own bed. (It didn't have to go down the way it did) Again... as things are working out it is/was a good thing for everyone but the MoCo.