Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2013, 09:04 AM   #20956
hooliken
Awesome is a flavor

Oddometer: 2,605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marylander View Post
Of course that was my meaning. ;) To me it says a lot about their judgment that they would be riding two abreast there. For that matter I don't think it's wise to ride two abreast down a straight, flat highway.
I concur....
hooliken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:35 AM   #20957
RoadRdr
Mostly Pavement

Oddometer: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by RxZ View Post
Great views on the Dragon!

I'm gonna link this one, just in case...

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...67685297_o.jpg
Obvious case of too much front brake application. Ass over head every time.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:41 AM   #20958
KX50002
NooB, my ass

Oddometer: 1,075
Quote:

Hopefully someone's about to lay 'er down!
Old 05-15-2013, 09:42 AM   #20959
joef
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 315
Quote:

Thats one eager beaver
joef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:43 AM   #20960
clocklaw
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidingDonkeys View Post
NC law specifically allows motorcycles to share a lane and drive two abreast. So as long as they were on the NC side...

The law which can be found at N.C.G.S. 20-146.1 states:

“All motorcycles are entitled to full use of a lane and no motor vehicle shall be driven in such a manner as to deprive any motorcycle of the full use of a lane. This section shall not apply to motorcycles operated two abreast in a single lane.”

“Motorcycles shall not be operated more than two abreast in a single lane.”
Tennessee Code Annotated states:

55-8-182. Operation of motorcycles on laned roadways.

(a) All motorcycles are entitled to full use of a lane and no motor vehicle shall be driven in a manner that deprives any motorcycle of the full use of a lane. This subsection (a) shall not apply to motorcycles operated two (2) abreast in a single lane.

(d) Motorcycles shall not be operated more than two (2) abreast in a single lane.
2005 FJR1300 - "my Blue Angel"
My Twins are Twins!
1992 TDM850 - "Ginger" & 1993 TDM850 - "Raven"
clocklaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:58 AM   #20961
Mr_Gone
Innocent Culprit

Oddometer: 3,725
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimVonBaden View Post
While mostly true, they can get in trouble if caught by the public and proof is shown. That is why they exempt themselves. Think congress!

Jim
I agree. Tough for the public to acquire radar guns, though.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:05 AM   #20962
Huzband
Team Dirt

Oddometer: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Gone View Post
In most states, the police can drive/ride however the hell they want because, hey, who's going to pull them over and give them a ticket?
Citizens aray-est.

">
'90 RM250
IBA #30344
Huzband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:48 AM   #20963
Huzband
Team Dirt

Oddometer: 3,551
Really?

'90 RM250
IBA #30344
Huzband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:56 PM   #20964
Bill Harris
Confirmed Curmudgeon

Oddometer: 4,936
Quote:
In most states, the police can drive/ride however the hell they want because, hey, who's going to pull them over and give them a ticket?
Winning answer.

--Bill
Old 05-15-2013, 03:00 PM   #20965
Bill Harris
Confirmed Curmudgeon

Oddometer: 4,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huzband View Post
Really?

Is it my imagination or does that look like Darth Vader driving an Audi?

Alternatively, can we sing "It's Audi Doody Time, it's Audi Doody Time..."

--Bill
Old 05-15-2013, 03:07 PM   #20966
Road Hound
Adventurer

Oddometer: 61
I own this f'n road

NO, it just looks like another Dumb Ass saying I'm entitled to both sides of the road, go find yourself another place to play, this one is mine.
Road Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:14 PM   #20967
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,835
Quote:
http://reason.com/blog/2013/01/04/fl...pulled-over-sp

It can happen, but as is the evidence... the local yokel police will attempt to get retribution.

Florida State Trooper Who Pulled Over Speeding Cop Sues 88 Officers in 25 Jurisdictions

Ed Krayewski|
Did you hear the one about the state trooper who pulled over a cop car speeding at more than 120 miles per hour on the Florida Turnpike? (Full video here, excerpts below) The incident happened back in 2011; Donna Watts, a Florida state trooper, pulled over Miami police officer Fausto Lopez, who was off-duty and headed for a second job in his patrol car. His colleagues at the Miami Police Department jumped to his defense, with one union official calling the trooper’s actions “completely unprofessional and very reckless.” Retaliations began soon after. Almost a year later Officer Lopez was finally fired for the incident.
Now, the Orlando Sun Sentinel reports that the state trooper has filed a lawsuit related to the retaliation she experienced after the incident. From the Sun Sentinel:
Trooper Donna "Jane" Watts' 69-page lawsuit, filed in federal court Friday, seeks more than $1 million in damages. She is suing more than 100 police officers and agencies, and the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles. The suit alleges 88 law enforcement officers from 25 jurisdictions illegally accessed her personal information more than 200 times, violating her privacy…

Other agencies have already settled with her and so are not named in the lawsuit, according to Watts' attorney Mirta Desir. Margate, for example, settled for $10,000 after two of its police officers accessed her private information, said Margate city attorney Gene Steinfeld. The two Margate officers each received a letter of reprimand as punishment.
More details on the kinds of retaliations alleged, ranging from sending pizza deliveries to her house to making threatening phone calls, in the Sun Sentinel article.
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:53 PM   #20968
Mr_Gone
Innocent Culprit

Oddometer: 3,725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
http://reason.com/blog/2013/01/04/fl...pulled-over-sp

It can happen, but as is the evidence... the local yokel police will attempt to get retribution.

Florida State Trooper Who Pulled Over Speeding Cop Sues 88 Officers in 25 Jurisdictions

Ed Krayewski|
Did you hear the one about the state trooper who pulled over a cop car speeding at more than 120 miles per hour on the Florida Turnpike? (Full video here, excerpts below) The incident happened back in 2011; Donna Watts, a Florida state trooper, pulled over Miami police officer Fausto Lopez, who was off-duty and headed for a second job in his patrol car. His colleagues at the Miami Police Department jumped to his defense, with one union official calling the trooper’s actions “completely unprofessional and very reckless.” Retaliations began soon after. Almost a year later Officer Lopez was finally fired for the incident.
Now, the Orlando Sun Sentinel reports that the state trooper has filed a lawsuit related to the retaliation she experienced after the incident. From the Sun Sentinel:
Trooper Donna "Jane" Watts' 69-page lawsuit, filed in federal court Friday, seeks more than $1 million in damages. She is suing more than 100 police officers and agencies, and the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles. The suit alleges 88 law enforcement officers from 25 jurisdictions illegally accessed her personal information more than 200 times, violating her privacy…

Other agencies have already settled with her and so are not named in the lawsuit, according to Watts' attorney Mirta Desir. Margate, for example, settled for $10,000 after two of its police officers accessed her private information, said Margate city attorney Gene Steinfeld. The two Margate officers each received a letter of reprimand as punishment.
More details on the kinds of retaliations alleged, ranging from sending pizza deliveries to her house to making threatening phone calls, in the Sun Sentinel article.
You know, most of the cops I meet are great guys, doing what can be a tough job, and they have bad days like everyone else. I know that. My cops I know are professional and polite.

But in the town where I live, if you tried something like exposing our police officers and deputies by, say, videotaping them speeding, or running red lights, or texting... you'd end up getting a ticket every time you went for a ride.
Old 05-15-2013, 05:22 PM   #20969
WVhillbilly
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,320
Without dragging this into CS&M, I hope she gets $10 M.
The guy speeding was on his own time and should be subject to the same punishment any of us would be.

If he would have caused a crash and killed someone, I'm sure the Miami PD would have had to pay that lawsuit.
WVhillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:42 PM   #20970
slartidbartfast
Love those blue pipes

Oddometer: 4,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVhillbilly View Post
Without dragging this into CS&M, I hope she gets $10 M.
The guy speeding was on his own time and should be subject to the same punishment any of us would be.

If he would have caused a crash and killed someone, I'm sure the Miami PD would have had to pay that lawsuit.
Even if he wasn't on his own time, unless he's responding to something INCREDIBLY urgent, driving at that sort of speed on a crowded highway (see the video) is utterly reckless and he deserved exactly what he got. If his buddies couldn't see that they are stupid beyond belief. I guess they and all the other cops who piled in wanted to intimidate other officers to not do the same thing, thereby preserving their "privilege" to drive however they want and always get away with it.

My brother was a cop in the UK. He got pulled over at least a couple of times when off duty and the other officers cut him ZERO slack - The principle over there being that, as a LEO, you really should know better and therefore have NO excuses.
Summer 2008 UK End-to-End ride
slartidbartfast is offline   Reply With Quote