Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2013, 10:03 AM   #25486
GAVic
Largely unnoticed

Oddometer: 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrashCan View Post
They are talking about a crash later in the day by a local.
The motorcycle in the photo left an oil spill, thus contributing to the second crash.
I see. I guess that is what others have been talking about in this thread. Your actions on a public road does not always just effect you.
GAVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 10:13 AM   #25487
TrashCan
Scary Jerry

Oddometer: 4,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAVic View Post
I see. I guess that is what others have been talking about in this thread. Your actions on a public road does not always just effect you.

Now you got it.

TrashCan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 11:59 AM   #25488
Megamoto
Yes, I do look like this.

Oddometer: 2,869
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleazy rider View Post

Just wrong on so many levels.

Nuked.............

From orbit

I'm so happy I could whistle through my willie. (Dan Walsh)

Per Ardua ad Astra
Megamoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 02:56 PM   #25489
GAVic
Largely unnoticed

Oddometer: 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrashCan View Post
Now you got it.

I always got it, but it seemed some did not. So it seemed like a good thing to point out.
GAVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 02:59 PM   #25490
Tuna Helper
Rawrr!

Oddometer: 722
Quote:

What's wrong with it? The paintjob is tasteful, appears to have an mc tire (hard to tell on my phone) she is in her own lane, not near the yellow, and I think ahe is even smiling!

(Eyelashes on the bike, thumbs down. But its not my bike, so whatever.)
Tuna Helper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 04:40 PM   #25491
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer: 8,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna Helper View Post
What's wrong with it? The paintjob is tasteful, appears to have an mc tire (hard to tell on my phone) she is in her own lane, not near the yellow, and I think ahe is even smiling!

(Eyelashes on the bike, thumbs down. But its not my bike, so whatever.)
The skull with the pink bow does it for me. Nothing says "badass" like a pink Goldwing with a skull.

Sent from the voices in my head and transcribed by their drinking buddy...

Clinging to sanity, one motorcycle at a time.
RidingDonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 06:15 PM   #25492
KilLeR Kawasaki
Marky A

Oddometer: 948
It expresses her personality like my battered KLR says I'm a cheap fuck.
Colorado Dual Sport Riders
KilLeR Kawasaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 08:29 PM   #25493
Schnickelfritz
pick, grin, repeat

Oddometer: 2,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubla View Post
For most of us, it is not about bicyclists paying road taxes that we want them to have plates, it is about being able to identify those who act like fucktards when they ride their bikes, something that is easy for motorists since they have plates on their vehicles
Please. No, it's not. Because if you were really so concerned about road safety that you would report a cyclist, then you would never get off the motherfucking phone, what with all the speeding, tailgating, failing to signal, red light running, stop sign blowing, illegal parking, crosswalk blocking, TV-watching, GPS-playing, text junkie, drunk-ass, non-roadworthy, attention-whore smoke-blowing no-inspection blue-light fartcan driving fucktards in CARS and TRUCKS that you're surely already calling in, since you and anyone else who has spent more than 5 minutes near an American roadway knows damn well that you see about 1000x more of this shit from motorists than you ever will from cyclists.

But you don't do this, do you? No, you don't. Nobody does. Why? Because we accept shit driving as citizens and as a society. Why? Because it's a lowest-common-denominator activity wherein the threshold for attaining and keeping a driver's license is almost zero; because there but for the grace of the gods go us; and because we've set up our system to force people to depend on cars. But I digress. Meanwhile, you want to pretend that, if cyclists had plates, you would report them for not following laws nobody else follows? This is the same as being wheeled into the trauma unit with multiple amputations, brain injury, and yer eye poked out, and complaining to the doctor about a fucking hangnail.

I've been driving cars, trucks and motos for 35 years in the US, Canada, Mexico and Europe, in cities, suburbs, country roads curvy and straight, highways and dirt roads, and I have never been endangered IN THE SLIGHTEST by a cyclist or group of cyclists. Not. One. Fucking. Time.

Tell you what, though: I'd be willing to consider some kind of plate and fee for adult cyclists. But only after the following steps are taken: better motorist education; strict graduated/tiered licensing based on driver experience, driver's record, vehicle weight and horsepower; stronger, more consistent and meaningful enforcement and stricter revocation and suspensions for aggressive, inattentive, and repeat offenders and other shit drivers; more challenging driver's exams and an end to open-book written tests; an end to the revolving door of fake traffic schools, DUI courts, and payoffs to keep points off shitty drivers' records; vulnerable road user laws to specifically target motorists who harass or attempt to intimidate or threaten peds or bikers; automatic license revocations and impoundments for crimes like assault and recklessness when cars are used as weapons and/or means of fleeing the scene; and, quite simply, MUCH stricter liability of drivers for where their cars go.

But, obviously, we're not serious about fixing the real problems on our roadways yet, are we? If and when we do get serious, and if we have any sense, we'll start with the biggest problem first. Hint: it's not cyclists.

Schnickelfritz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 09:58 PM   #25494
Kubla
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnickelfritz View Post
Please. No, it's not. Because if you were really so concerned about road safety that you would report a cyclist, then you would never get off the motherfucking phone, what with all the speeding, tailgating, failing to signal, red light running, stop sign blowing, illegal parking, crosswalk blocking, TV-watching, GPS-playing, text junkie, drunk-ass, non-roadworthy, attention-whore smoke-blowing no-inspection blue-light fartcan driving fucktards in CARS and TRUCKS that you're surely already calling in, since you and anyone else who has spent more than 5 minutes near an American roadway knows damn well that you see about 1000x more of this shit from motorists than you ever will from cyclists.

But you don't do this, do you? No, you don't. Nobody does. Why? Because we accept shit driving as citizens and as a society. Why? Because it's a lowest-common-denominator activity wherein the threshold for attaining and keeping a driver's license is almost zero; because there but for the grace of the gods go us; and because we've set up our system to force people to depend on cars. But I digress. Meanwhile, you want to pretend that, if cyclists had plates, you would report them for not following laws nobody else follows? This is the same as being wheeled into the trauma unit with multiple amputations, brain injury, and yer eye poked out, and complaining to the doctor about a fucking hangnail.

I've been driving cars, trucks and motos for 35 years in the US, Canada, Mexico and Europe, in cities, suburbs, country roads curvy and straight, highways and dirt roads, and I have never been endangered IN THE SLIGHTEST by a cyclist or group of cyclists. Not. One. Fucking. Time.

Tell you what, though: I'd be willing to consider some kind of plate and fee for adult cyclists. But only after the following steps are taken: better motorist education; strict graduated/tiered licensing based on driver experience, driver's record, vehicle weight and horsepower; stronger, more consistent and meaningful enforcement and stricter revocation and suspensions for aggressive, inattentive, and repeat offenders and other shit drivers; more challenging driver's exams and an end to open-book written tests; an end to the revolving door of fake traffic schools, DUI courts, and payoffs to keep points off shitty drivers' records; vulnerable road user laws to specifically target motorists who harass or attempt to intimidate or threaten peds or bikers; automatic license revocations and impoundments for crimes like assault and recklessness when cars are used as weapons and/or means of fleeing the scene; and, quite simply, MUCH stricter liability of drivers for where their cars go.

But, obviously, we're not serious about fixing the real problems on our roadways yet, are we? If and when we do get serious, and if we have any sense, we'll start with the biggest problem first. Hint: it's not cyclists.

I see far more people on bicycles blowing red lights than people operating motor vehicles, and there are far more cars and motorcycles on the road than bicycles and I am not talking about rolling stops at stop signs, I am talking not even slowing down at the sign or signal.

to make it worse, the majority of those doing it are on expensive bikes dressed in fancy bike riding gear, the local homeless, license less or drunks tend to ride slow and stop at the signals and never seem to block traffic, and yes, I live in a poor part of the city
2000 westward Go-4
1982 Bluebird wanderlodge
Kubla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 10:47 PM   #25495
TinyTrains
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDTCU View Post

In the NHRA the quickest car gets lane choice.
Old 11-09-2013, 10:48 PM   #25496
RDTCU
Banned

Oddometer: 2,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyTrains View Post
In the NHRA the quickest car gets lane choice.

Yeah, but at least you're supposed to stay in the one you pick all the way til the end...
RDTCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 12:31 AM   #25497
dbuzz
Citizen of the world

Oddometer: 1,259
Quote:

Care to share why it's so wrong??
I reckon it's grand ...
dbuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 01:24 AM   #25498
Rajin Cajun
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 475
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnickelfritz View Post

John Wayne
Rajin Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 03:44 AM   #25499
atomicalex
silly aluminum boxes

Oddometer: 2,610
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuzz View Post
I reckon it's grand ...
It's not their style. I hink it's great. she appears to be smiling, the paint job is well-executed, and the skull is kind of cute in a girly FU way. She's in lane, and leaned over decently. Gear appears to be moderate, culd improve a bit there, but at least it's some.

No catastrophic fails here, just different taste.
Old 11-10-2013, 06:04 AM   #25500
txwanderer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuzz View Post
I reckon it's grand ...
She is riding, well, on her custom bike with what seems to be an ear to ear smile.
He is banging a keyboard talking about such activity.

Yep you're probably right, it would be interesting.
txwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote