Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2014, 08:05 PM   #29686
sdmichael
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau Peep View Post
Couple things. One, it's east to try on as the stores stock it. In my case, they also have abundant "tall" sizes too.
Stores stock Dainese, Revvit, Alpinestars, and many other companies... at least the ones I've seen. Either way, seems a higher than average amount of HD gear. Is it any good or... much like so many other things... all about the name?
Old 06-12-2014, 08:10 PM   #29687
pinocono
Husky Dü

Oddometer: 443
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmichael View Post
Stores stock Dainese, Revvit, Alpinestars, and many other companies... at least the ones I've seen. Either way, seems a higher than average amount of HD gear. Is it any good or... much like so many other things... all about the name?
Some of it's quite good, some of it's not good for anything but fashion. Note I didn't say whether or not that fashion was good or not.

I won't bother with most of it, as you can get aftermarket as good or better at much sharper prices.

I did buy a HD mesh jacket this year. It's got some great features, including CE armor, and a windproof/waterproof inner liner, and the price was pretty good online.
pinocono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 08:53 PM   #29688
alekkas
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 499
Quote:
Agreed, but I have to pass 3 Harley fully stocked super dealers to get to a Cycle Gear. And it just opened maybe 2 years ago. Before then, it was all online for me. So, if I was anywhere near the edge of the "lifestyle," HD gear would be my only option for trying something on.

Why do I keep thinking I'm gonna wind up in a love / hate relationship with a Guzzi?
alekkas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 09:00 PM   #29689
UnsureFooting
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,194
They make some pretty good gear without the bling. It's the FXRG line or something like that.
UnsureFooting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 09:15 PM   #29690
mattoid1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnsureFooting View Post
They make some pretty good gear without the bling. It's the FXRG line or something like that.
I've been looking for a ventilated, waterproof jacket. Most of the jackets I see on line have a water proof liner, Harley's is waterproof outside with a liner for warmth. Good venting in the jacket, and CE pads for elbows and shoulders, the only thing is the larger Harley branding on the back. At least I own a Harley, and I enjoy it. I know they are not the brand of choice for most here, but it's perfect for what I ask of it. My 1150GS does well for me also, and for some reason I want to add a Triumph Bonneville to the stable.
mattoid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 09:20 PM   #29691
vmcrcr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanishing Point View Post
I may be mistaken here, as I am a neophyte to the world of motorcycles, but if you are taking a corner dirt racing style isn't it the inside leg you stick out ?
But if you are roadracing, on the cool down lap it is acceptable to wave a thank you to the corner workers as you go through a turn with the outside leg if that is where the workers are stationed.

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk
Old 06-12-2014, 09:55 PM   #29692
UnsureFooting
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattoid1 View Post
I've been looking for a ventilated, waterproof jacket. Most of the jackets I see on line have a water proof liner, Harley's is waterproof outside with a liner for warmth. Good venting in the jacket, and CE pads for elbows and shoulders, the only thing is the larger Harley branding on the back. At least I own a Harley, and I enjoy it. I know they are not the brand of choice for most here, but it's perfect for what I ask of it. My 1150GS does well for me also, and for some reason I want to add a Triumph Bonneville to the stable.
Hey, it's all good. My dream stable includes a Road Glide, a DRZ400, a Triumph Scrambler, and about nine different insane Sportsters.
UnsureFooting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 10:03 PM   #29693
SgtDuster
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,148
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithinSC View Post
What type of helmet is that?
How is the quality??
Icon Variant
Old 06-12-2014, 11:32 PM   #29694
Vanishing Point
A very sad panda

Oddometer: 3,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmcrcr View Post
But if you are roadracing, on the cool down lap it is acceptable to wave a thank you to the corner workers as you go through a turn with the outside leg if that is where the workers are stationed.

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk
Ah, I see. Roadracing.
Vanishing Point is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 05:47 AM   #29695
RDTCU
Banned

Oddometer: 2,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithinSC View Post
What type of helmet is that?
How is the quality??
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtDuster View Post
Icon Variant
Yep. Had it for a couple years, I like it. It's not as quiet as some street helmets, but I like having a bill on the supermoto. You can adjust the fit with different cheekpads and such. I've got no complaints.
RDTCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 05:50 AM   #29696
RDTCU
Banned

Oddometer: 2,279
Quote:
Ah, I see. Roadracing.
Not trying to be poseur-ish, just goofing off waiting on a herd of apparently lost cruisers to discover pulloffs.
RDTCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:33 AM   #29697
Riteris
Dessert Runner

Oddometer: 2,866
Quote:
What does the big light on the windshield do ?

It helps Walter White look for meth dealers.

I am taking the advice of all those people that told me, "Hey kid, why don't you go play in traffic!"
Riteris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:56 AM   #29698
kbroderick
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDTCU View Post
Killboy definitely has some pretty high dollar cameras.
...and, more importantly, knows how to use them.

Buying a high-dollar camera won't get you good pictures any more than buying an S1000RR will make you fast through the Dragon. Just like with bikes, a low-dollar camera in the hands of a skilled photographer will get better results than a high-dollar camera in the hands of someone who lacks the skill. High-dollar lenses are a slightly different story, but any modern DSLR (even the entry-level ones) can capture images that are good enough for posters and double-truck magazine spreads.
kbroderick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:19 AM   #29699
mary
Adventurer

Oddometer: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Escaped View Post
My eyes, my eyes ugg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
That's just every kind of wrong... ew
Old 06-13-2014, 07:30 AM   #29700
Disco Stu
I'm Barry F'n Gibb!!

Oddometer: 5,346
Quote:
If you get off your bike and walk into the local lunch-place wearing some Alpinestars, people may figure out that you have a motorcycle, but they won't know what kind. But if you walk into restaurant wearing your H-D branded gear, everyone knows you have an H-D. It's like taking the loud pipes with you when you can't ride your bike into a store.

Narcissism sells. Look at how many pickups are driving around with big H-D window decals on the back.
Disco Stu is online now   Reply With Quote