ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > The perfect line and other riding myths
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-24-2012, 04:41 PM   #8911
TrashCan
Scary Jerry
 
TrashCan's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Louisville, Tn
Oddometer: 3,925
Quote:
Originally Posted by lethe View Post
yup smooth is the best way
my biggest problem is I'm terribly inconsistent
when I'm "on" I'm pretty good but when I'm "off" I'll usually park it before I hurt myself

Smart man.

When I am not "on" , I do some sightseeing. Just as much fun.
__________________
X the DY.

TrashCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 04:43 PM   #8912
lethe
Beastly Adventurer
 
lethe's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Hawley, PA
Oddometer: 3,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrashCan View Post
Smart man.

When I am not "on" , I do some sightseeing. Just as much fun.
semi-smart, don't give me too much credit as I have too much dumbass in me to earn it
__________________
2005 Ducati Monster 620
2005 KTM SMC 625
1986 Yamaha FZ600 (might bother getting it to run one day)
lethe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 04:44 PM   #8913
ecubed
LFC Cat
 
ecubed's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Nova Scotia & Virgina
Oddometer: 686
Quote:
Originally Posted by lethe View Post
yup smooth is the best way
my biggest problem is I'm terribly inconsistent
when I'm "on" I'm pretty good but when I'm "off" I'll usually park it before I hurt myself
My brother ALWAYS rides at 9 to 10-10ths. I say, "what happens when you need 11-10ths?"
__________________
'02 XRL '95 K11RS '14 KZ1000ABS
ecubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 04:48 PM   #8914
100mpg
This sentance intent
 
100mpg's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: ionally finished in this space.
Oddometer: 16,527
I watched about 1:45 of the video before I got dizzy and did not see the at or on but I saw a few nears. If you try to compare YW to any of the knuckle heads that plop down 10g on a bike and bolt some slick shiny parts on it, buy a helmet with a Mohawk and slap a go-pro on their head and ride like a maniac, you just don't understand skill and experience. At all. You are just trying to stir shit on the internet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartmyNx View Post
Some rider, at, on, or over a few times here in this vid...

Like I said; give us a kiss...
__________________
"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth" - Steve McQueen
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255). DSI #694
100mpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 04:55 PM   #8915
IheartmyNx
Ihave2draft
 
IheartmyNx's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Nashville TN, no chit, police state.
Oddometer: 3,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow_wolf View Post
ok got ya rant on,lol
Starting here, notice the commentary about BOTH riders.


...but it's ok if Yellow wolf does it

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>vvvv clicky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boon Booni View Post


__________________
Everyday should be 3/11!


If it's one thing I do know, it's women and covert opps...
IheartmyNx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 04:59 PM   #8916
IheartmyNx
Ihave2draft
 
IheartmyNx's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Nashville TN, no chit, police state.
Oddometer: 3,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100mpg View Post
I watched about 1:45 of the video before I got dizzy and did not see the at or on but I saw a few nears. If you try to compare YW to any of the knuckle heads that plop down 10g on a bike and bolt some slick shiny parts on it, buy a helmet with a Mohawk and slap a go-pro on their head and ride like a maniac, you just don't understand skill and experience. At all. You are just trying to stir shit on the internet.
And you see wat you want to see. Hence the stereotype.

If Y/W posted vids of him crossing the double yella and crashing, he'd be in the same category as most of what you just posted.


If the "incredible near miss" video edited out the crossing in the beginning, I wonder what terms y'all would use to describe his riding?

Barring the crossing the double yellow, doesn't the riding look familiar?


But you all can't wait to line up to kiss one of them's ass.




Vs.

__________________
Everyday should be 3/11!


If it's one thing I do know, it's women and covert opps...
IheartmyNx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 05:02 PM   #8917
100mpg
This sentance intent
 
100mpg's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: ionally finished in this space.
Oddometer: 16,527
Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartmyNx View Post
...but it's ok if Yellow wolf does it

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>vvvv clicky
Yeah, thats EXACTLY The same thing. A ridiculous comparison at best, and since I am trying to be more polite in my old age, I'll just stop right there.
__________________
"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth" - Steve McQueen
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255). DSI #694
100mpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 05:07 PM   #8918
100mpg
This sentance intent
 
100mpg's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: ionally finished in this space.
Oddometer: 16,527
Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartmyNx View Post
And you see wat you want to see. Hence the stereotype.

If Y/W posted vids of him crossing the double yella and crashing, he'd be in the same category as most of what you just posted.


If the "incredible near miss" video edited out the crossing in the beginning, I wonder what terms y'all would use to describe his riding?

Barring the crossing the double yellow, doesn't the riding look familiar?


But you all can't wait to line up to kiss one of them's ass.
Does that mean you see what you want to see? I never met YW. I have talked to him online and I don't blow smoke up anyones ass. Anyone. Never kissed anyone's ass to make a friend.

give me the time where he goes over or on the line. I didn't see it.

added. are you saying YW had a near miss in the beginning? or the orange tire guys...
__________________
"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth" - Steve McQueen
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255). DSI #694
100mpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 05:12 PM   #8919
viverrid
not dead yet
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: Western Mass
Oddometer: 30,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beto View Post
We have seen a few but here's the whole nine yards...

















Passenger stood on pegs!

If rider had stayed in the ditch to a stop he might well have saved the biff, he was still up until he got the front wheel on pavement but not the back.
__________________
Advanced pancreatic cancer found 04/2010. Have outlived +/- 97% of patients with this diagnosis, but 08/2013 cancer now in liver, vascular system and lungs with 20+ lung tumors. Sick/weak sometimes, not riding much. No more treatments & now under Hospice care.
viverrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 05:14 PM   #8920
IheartmyNx
Ihave2draft
 
IheartmyNx's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Nashville TN, no chit, police state.
Oddometer: 3,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100mpg View Post
I watched about 1:45 of the video before I got dizzy
Here, maybe you can watch thins one.. Fear not tho. No BMW's were harmed in the making.


Also. Looks like they learned their lesson about posting over-the-line vids too, as I don't see them doing it again.


Compare this "riding" to Y/F's... Then go back and read all the negative comments about the "near miss" rider.


...but it's ok if Yellow Wolf does it
__________________
Everyday should be 3/11!


If it's one thing I do know, it's women and covert opps...

IheartmyNx screwed with this post 03-24-2012 at 05:21 PM
IheartmyNx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 06:10 PM   #8921
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer
 
bwalsh's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Hell town
Oddometer: 10,547
Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartmyNx View Post
Drink up
Me thinks that is the problem...amongst others.
__________________
2004 XR650L / 2001 R1150GS
NWVA TAG NWVA TAG MAP RTE THREAD & IN LIST



bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 06:14 PM   #8922
yellow_wolf
Adventurer
 
yellow_wolf's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: GL1800RR
Oddometer: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartmyNx View Post
Here, maybe you can watch thins one.. Fear not tho. No BMW's were harmed in the making.


Also. Looks like they learned their lesson about posting over-the-line vids too, as I don't see them doing it again.


Compare this "riding" to Y/F's... Then go back and read all the negative comments about the "near miss" rider.


...but it's ok if Yellow Wolf does it
ok stop using me to make a point,my speed is no where near a sport bike or a moto on that road,barely speeding is a fact
yellow_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 06:24 PM   #8923
Beto
RustyGasket
 
Beto's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Mrs. Sauga & Dela-Where?
Oddometer: 1,834
Quote:
Originally Posted by viverrid View Post
Passenger stood on pegs!

If rider had stayed in the ditch to a stop he might well have saved the biff, he was still up until he got the front wheel on pavement but not the back.
Yep! Good to see someone noticed that. Me thinks the passenger has great riding skills, did her part to save it but...

BTW... both are good sports!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrog
"...if you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit."

Originally Posted by Ogre_fl
"If it's anyone's fault for a crash... it's always the Ass Fault."
Beto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 06:28 PM   #8924
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer
 
bwalsh's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Hell town
Oddometer: 10,547
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow_wolf View Post
ok stop using me to make a point,my speed is no where near a sport bike or a moto on that road,barely speeding is a fact
I wish I'd never directed you to this thread. Some of the posters are ignorant at best but Myheart takes the cake. He goes off on a rant every f'n week.
__________________
2004 XR650L / 2001 R1150GS
NWVA TAG NWVA TAG MAP RTE THREAD & IN LIST



bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 06:35 PM   #8925
yellow_wolf
Adventurer
 
yellow_wolf's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: GL1800RR
Oddometer: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwalsh View Post
I wish I'd never directed you to this thread. Some of the posters are ignorant at best but Myheart takes the cake. He goes off on a rant every f'n week.
im a big boy,the videos make me look faster than it really is,anyone that goes by a 2:38 min vid and uses that to deside how i ride is just reaching at best,no worries here
yellow_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014