Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2011, 10:27 AM   #91
jessepitt
Ride More

Oddometer: 993
Quote:
Originally Posted by basepc View Post
Anyone had both to compare their noise at speed on pavement? The Karoo's are real loud and I am already partially deaf.

I have run both and that Karoo is LOUD! The T-63 is quieter by a bit but still a knobby.
jessepitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:07 AM   #92
warewolf
Tyre critic

Oddometer: 2,489
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotten View Post
It is so difficult getting idea of how a tire is going to act when reviewed by so many different bikes and riding styles.
Yes. You have to match bikes & styles to get a comparison useful to you. (Some of the worst tyres I've bought were from strong recommendations from ppl with different riding styles.) But at least with lots of ppl chipping in, you should be able to find a match. And when you start finding ppl who's evaluation matches yours, you can then put more emphasis on their recommendations for other tyres.

... if that's not stating the bleeding obvious.
The Stable
warewolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 03:08 AM   #93
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,732
I bought a Honda XR650L last October. Since then I have experimented with a Kenda, K760 TrakMaster, a Maxxis, Maxx Cross IT, and a Dunlop, D606 rear tire. When the current, D606 rear tire wears out, I am going to mount a Michelin, T63 rear tire. I will post my impressions, and some photos, after I ride a few miles on the Michelin T63.

Spud
2005 XR650L: Shorai Battery Relocation, Spud Oil Cooler, XR650R C/S Sprocket, Reinforced Subframe, Chain Slipper Roller, Performance Design Lowering Link, Baja Designs Headlight, FMF Hi-Flo Header, ManRacks SD Rack, ManRacks Front Fender Farkle, CST Surge I Front Tire, D952 Rear Tire, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Uni Air Filter, No-Toil Evolution air filter oil
Spud Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 03:36 AM   #94
innathyzit
AKA Woodman

Oddometer: 938
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwesley View Post
Has any one had issues with the t-63 chasing groves and wondering around like a flat tire on concrete groves? I normally run a d606 with out issues, but like the t-63 every where but old pavement
Yes, and they tend to weave around on tar when new for the first 50kms or so.

Very predictable on gravel, and have good side grip.

Never tried a front, but have had a few rears and I love them. Tend to chunk a bit, but otherwise great. Oh and the rears are an ass to change especially with h/d tubes.
innathyzit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 12:40 PM   #95
rotten
LOST AGAIN

Oddometer: 670
Just started scrubbing in new set of T-63 so far only had a chance to run down a local dirt road all tight pack and commute to work . I have noticed as reported by others they do make a good tire drone above 55MPH and do seem to track highway grooves not to an extent of being alarming. Hope to get some more dirt miles in next weekend. I will update as I ride my car just broke so I will be doing more pavement than I was hoping.

From T-63

From T-63

From T-63

From T-63

From T-63

From T-63

rotten screwed with this post 05-02-2011 at 01:36 PM
rotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 01:27 PM   #96
Airvent
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 347
Cant seem to find the T63 rear available anywhere. Anyone know when they will be available again? Hopefully they didn't stop making these tires.
Airvent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 01:34 PM   #97
rotten
LOST AGAIN

I also found them very difficult to find. Ordered mine from Denis Kirk and signed up for email notifications on several other online stores to let me know when more are in. I hope these have not been discontinued so far I love them.
MSS report a 110/80 in stock I don't know if that will work for your DR and if it did? would you want to run that narrow?

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...Rear-Tire.aspx
Old 05-02-2011, 01:38 PM   #98
Memnok
Fly high, go far.

Oddometer: 348
Knobs ripping on my T63's after a couple hundred miles.

T-63 side by side with an old D606

I'll be sticking with the D606. Didn't like the T63, but tire choice is highly personal in seems.

----------------------------------
Good government is no substitute for self-government. Mahatma Gandhi

That government is best which governs least, because its people discipline themselves. - Thomas Jefferson
Memnok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 12:31 PM   #99
rotten
LOST AGAIN

Just passing 250 Miles on the T-63s and my complaints are going away. Road buzz is decreasing and they are not tracking as bad on the highway grooves. So far I am very pleased with their street capabilities. Much better 50/50 than my previous setups.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:01 PM   #100
Gravel Seeker
Thomas

Oddometer: 3,979
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotten View Post
Just passing 250 Miles on the T-63s and my complaints are going away. Road buzz is decreasing and they are not tracking as bad on the highway grooves. So far I am very pleased with their street capabilities. Much better 50/50 than my previous setups.
Yeah, that's just it - they're awsome for 50/50, nothing more nothing less.

2005: Australia - 8 months/ 26.000 km (anti clockwise circle)
2009: Norway - 2 weeks/ 6000 km (Lindesnes to North cape)

Gravel Seekers.com

Hey !
It's the African ant eater ritual !
Gravel Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 02:33 AM   #101
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,732
I've ridden 600 miles on my Michelin, T63, rear tire, size 110/80-18. The Michelin fitment guide recommends this smallest tire for the 2.15X18 rim on my XR650L rear wheel.

Having grown accustomed to wider rear tires, I wanted to purchase the size 120/80-18 tire, but none were in stock at my favorite vendors. Therefore, I reluctantly purchased the smaller tire.

I am very pleased with the performance of this T63 rear tire. This tire has performed well for me on gravel, mud, and rocks. Needless to say, I am also very pleased with this tire's performance on pavement. I'm even getting used to the smaller width! If I can get 4,000 miles of good wear from this tire, I am going to stick with it. However, I am still tempted to order the size 120/80-18 tire when it is available.

Spud
2005 XR650L: Shorai Battery Relocation, Spud Oil Cooler, XR650R C/S Sprocket, Reinforced Subframe, Chain Slipper Roller, Performance Design Lowering Link, Baja Designs Headlight, FMF Hi-Flo Header, ManRacks SD Rack, ManRacks Front Fender Farkle, CST Surge I Front Tire, D952 Rear Tire, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Uni Air Filter, No-Toil Evolution air filter oil
Spud Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:38 AM   #102
slowsuki1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 118
if they have your size, seems to be a good deal http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...Rear-Tire.aspx
slowsuki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:41 AM   #103
itsatdm
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,728
I bought a set for my KLX 680. As it happened, the front ended up on my F800gs and rear on the KLX.

On the KLX rear, I haven't noticed much difference from any other dual sport tire, as it seems to work well on both pavement and off road. The off road portions includes some deep sand and gravel sand mix.

The front on the F800gs is OK on pavement but can get loose in sandy conditions and is not as confidence inspiring as the TKC80 it replaced.
It is noticeably narrower than the TK and does not offer the rim protection that the TK provided. The F800gs has a 2.15" wide rim and this may not apply to the typical dual sport thumper with a 1.85 rim. It also has a low volume howl at speeds under 50mph.

They are a decent tire for the price. I liked the D606 or Pirelli better on the KLX (130/90 is the proper rear size) and will not use one again on the F800.
Old 05-17-2011, 01:58 PM   #104
mattomoto
2 wheels rule

Oddometer: 1,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memnok View Post
Knobs ripping on my T63's after a couple hundred miles. I'll be sticking with the D606. Didn't like the T63, but tire choice is highly personal in seems.
That's how mine looked too. I liked them on my Dakar (except deep sand) and after 2000 mi, no flats on the cracked rear.
Old 05-17-2011, 04:46 PM   #105
Flashman1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,359
Good for gravel roads but really poor traction for most off roading.
Flashman1 is offline   Reply With Quote