ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-26-2009, 05:09 AM   #1
Al Goodwin OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Al Goodwin's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Cullman, Alabama
Oddometer: 1,261
Perry Mountain 24 Hour Challenge

Anyone planning on attending?

Watching or riding?

I'll be there riding a KLR650 , imagine that....in the 40+ Ironman class

http://www.24hourchallenge.com/24Hou...nge/intro.html
__________________
Allen
2013 Yamaha Super Tenere(the new girl in town)
'06 Kawasaki KLR650(72,000+ miles)
'04 Honda XR400
'76 Yamaha TY250

Al Goodwin screwed with this post 04-26-2009 at 05:51 AM
Al Goodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 05:26 AM   #2
Some Dude
what attitude problem???
 
Some Dude's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Location: Woodstock, GA
Oddometer: 4,675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Goodwin
Anyone planning on attending?

Watching of riding?

I'll be there riding a KLR650 , imagine that....in the 40+ Ironman class

http://www.24hourchallenge.com/24Hou...nge/intro.html
Have you ridden this event before?
__________________
Just some dude on the internet,..
Some Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 05:50 AM   #3
Al Goodwin OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Al Goodwin's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Cullman, Alabama
Oddometer: 1,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Atlanta
Have you ridden this event before?
Yeah,...

I rode it a few years ago with a team of friends from Cullman, Al. Plus I've raced Hare-Scrambles down in Maplesville several times.

Are you gonna ride it?
__________________
Allen
2013 Yamaha Super Tenere(the new girl in town)
'06 Kawasaki KLR650(72,000+ miles)
'04 Honda XR400
'76 Yamaha TY250
Al Goodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 05:54 AM   #4
Some Dude
what attitude problem???
 
Some Dude's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Location: Woodstock, GA
Oddometer: 4,675
nope, spent a shitload of money and time to do that event last year and had more fun the couple years before just hanging around and offering support.

You couldn't pay me to ride a KLR after the first hour of that event, it gets so whooped out it's not even funny.

Enjoy!
__________________
Just some dude on the internet,..
Some Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 06:16 AM   #5
Al Goodwin OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Al Goodwin's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Cullman, Alabama
Oddometer: 1,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Atlanta
nope, spent a shitload of money and time to do that event last year and had more fun the couple years before just hanging around and offering support.

You couldn't pay me to ride a KLR after the first hour of that event, it gets so whooped out it's not even funny.

Enjoy!
Yeah....but if you just roll over the whoops kind of nice and easy it ain't that bad.

I know winning ain't in the story, but it'll be fun, and it will be a good story anyhow. I'm just looking at it as a nice long trail ride.

I can't wait till the Le-mans style start when everybody lines up, runs across a field to their bike and tears out...

I'll stretch a bit, walk over to the ol 30k+ mile KLR, turn the key, push the button, and ride off nice and easy ....every bit of energy waisted the first hour is energy lost for the 24th.
__________________
Allen
2013 Yamaha Super Tenere(the new girl in town)
'06 Kawasaki KLR650(72,000+ miles)
'04 Honda XR400
'76 Yamaha TY250
Al Goodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 06:21 AM   #6
Al Goodwin OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Al Goodwin's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Cullman, Alabama
Oddometer: 1,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Atlanta
nope, spent a shitload of money and time to do that event last year and had more fun the couple years before just hanging around and offering support.

You couldn't pay me to ride a KLR after the first hour of that event, it gets so whooped out it's not even funny.

Enjoy!
How about we make a deal for next year....

If I make 18 laps on the KLR.....next year you let me ride a nice Husky of yours.....

Deal?


__________________
Allen
2013 Yamaha Super Tenere(the new girl in town)
'06 Kawasaki KLR650(72,000+ miles)
'04 Honda XR400
'76 Yamaha TY250
Al Goodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 05:53 PM   #7
Some Dude
what attitude problem???
 
Some Dude's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Location: Woodstock, GA
Oddometer: 4,675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Goodwin
How about we make a deal for next year....

If I make 18 laps on the KLR.....next year you let me ride a nice Husky of yours.....

Deal?


18 laps Iron man on a 2 stroke is an accomplishment, 18 laps on a KLR would be a miracle. We've supported an IronMan 40+ in open class on a BMW G650X 2 years ago, he got 17laps and is a very accomplished endurance rider on a bike better suited for that type of event.

Good luck with it.

Sell 20 Husky's for me and I'll give you a Husky to ride all the time and call it your own
__________________
Just some dude on the internet,..
Some Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 08:04 AM   #8
johnson357
Bad Monkey Racing
 
johnson357's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: Indpls, IN
Oddometer: 1,093
Bad Monkey Racing will be there ..........I guess we are pussies because we are riding a 06 KTM 450XC instead of a KLR . This will be our first time racing this event.
johnson357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 12:03 PM   #9
Tbone
off-ramp slayer
 
Tbone's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Location: Tampa
Oddometer: 4,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnson357
Bad Monkey Racing will be there ..........I guess we are pussies because we are riding a 06 KTM 450XC instead of a KLR . This will be our first time racing this event.

I've got your sticker from Baja 2006 on my bike...make me proud !!!
Tbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 02:57 PM   #10
johnson357
Bad Monkey Racing
 
johnson357's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: Indpls, IN
Oddometer: 1,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbone
I've got your sticker from Baja 2006 on my bike...make me proud !!!
We hope we do. We now have the Bad Monkey Racing stickers in black and orange........mostly because I order them and I have all KTMs.
johnson357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:32 AM   #11
bgoodwin
Got Parelli?
 
bgoodwin's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Hartselle, Alabamer
Oddometer: 1,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Goodwin
How about we make a deal for next year....

If I make 18 laps on the KLR.....next year you let me ride a nice Husky of yours.....

Deal?




You might want to go ahead and find a large Oxygen bottle....



Jus' sayin'

__________________
'09 KLR650 Black
Buncha mules and horses

"Take the time it takes, it WILL take less time"

"Listen guys...the only way to insure a successful prosecution...is if I get away" - Me to Al Goodwin and DeBandi
bgoodwin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:07 AM   #12
johnson357
Bad Monkey Racing
 
johnson357's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: Indpls, IN
Oddometer: 1,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgoodwin
You might want to go ahead and find a large Oxygen bottle....



Jus' sayin'

We'll have a Paramedic in the pits with us, so just wander down to the large Cycle Outfitters easy up if you need assistance .
johnson357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:00 PM   #13
Al Goodwin OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Al Goodwin's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Cullman, Alabama
Oddometer: 1,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Atlanta
18 laps Iron man on a 2 stroke is an accomplishment, 18 laps on a KLR would be a miracle. We've supported an IronMan 40+ in open class on a BMW G650X 2 years ago, he got 17laps and is a very accomplished endurance rider on a bike better suited for that type of event.

Good luck with it.

Sell 20 Husky's for me and I'll give you a Husky to ride all the time and call it your own
So,....A buy 20, get one free offer??




__________________
Allen
2013 Yamaha Super Tenere(the new girl in town)
'06 Kawasaki KLR650(72,000+ miles)
'04 Honda XR400
'76 Yamaha TY250
Al Goodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 05:44 AM   #14
Some Dude
what attitude problem???
 
Some Dude's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Location: Woodstock, GA
Oddometer: 4,675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Goodwin
So,....A buy 20, get one free offer??




Should be easy right, Get someone to buy a husky for every lap you do, kind of like the charity walks/marathons where folks donate money for each mile. But in this case they buy a Husky for their own use (they already make out there cause they don't know what they're missing anyhow) and I'll go with your 18 lap offer. Get 18 folks to buy Husky's in support and You'll have a free one to abuse(and it might be a bit easier to get to 18 laps on a Husky maybe?) Easy enough right? Just let me know where to deliver them
__________________
Just some dude on the internet,..
Some Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 04:42 PM   #15
Al Goodwin OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Al Goodwin's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Cullman, Alabama
Oddometer: 1,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Atlanta
Should be easy right, Get someone to buy a husky for every lap you do, kind of like the charity walks/marathons where folks donate money for each mile. But in this case they buy a Husky for their own use (they already make out there cause they don't know what they're missing anyhow) and I'll go with your 18 lap offer. Get 18 folks to buy Husky's in support and You'll have a free one to abuse(and it might be a bit easier to get to 18 laps on a Husky maybe?) Easy enough right? Just let me know where to deliver them
That sounds like a great idea,...wish I'd thought about it a year ago.

I'm looking forward to the raceday, are you going this year? riding? Bringing a ride for someione else?

Look me up there.


Allen
__________________
Allen
2013 Yamaha Super Tenere(the new girl in town)
'06 Kawasaki KLR650(72,000+ miles)
'04 Honda XR400
'76 Yamaha TY250
Al Goodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014