ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-28-2014, 04:33 AM   #1
rimskych OP
n00b
 
Joined: Jul 2014
Oddometer: 6
Voltage Sensitive Relay / Smart Battery Isolator / Low Voltage Disconnect

I am a Hong Kong based seller focus on 4WD / 4X4 / RV / ATV / Bike and all kind of special gadgets for vehicle batteries. The main product so far is:

1. Voltage Sensitive Relay

VSR units are ideal for dual battery set-ups as they enable two batteries to be charged at the same time and then isolates the batteries from each other when the vehicle is turned off, ensuring your starting battery is always charged & ready to go.

2. Smart Battery Isolator

The Smart Battery Isolator is designed for use in Dual Battery applications as a solenoid priority system to protect the chassis charging system from excessive loading while allowing auxiliary batteries to be charged.

3. Low Voltage Disconnect

The ideal solution for protecting expensive deep cycle batteries from over-discharge. Automatically disconnects the load when the LVD detects the voltage has dropped to the disconnection point, ideal for 4WDs, camper trailers and smaller caravan applications.

Here is the website:
http://rimskycheng.wix.com/battek

I offer 2 ways of selling:
1. Direct selling through paypal, cheaper
2. Selling through ebay

I had been looking at this website for a while, and really interested in the stuff your guys are doing. Keep up with the good work! Thanks.

Best Regards,
Rimsky Cheng

My personal website:
http://rimskycheng.wix.com/rimskych

rimskych screwed with this post 12-01-2014 at 06:30 AM
rimskych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 10:01 PM   #2
rimskych OP
n00b
 
Joined: Jul 2014
Oddometer: 6
Update 01112014

Just to update that the Smart Battery Isolator had been sold out. I am in the process of re-stocking.

There are still healthy stock of Voltage Sensitive Relay and Low Voltage Disconnect. New stock of Voltage Sensitive Relay with Dual sense function had also arrived.

Thanks.
rimskych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 10:20 PM   #3
_cy_
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Oddometer: 5,899
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimskych View Post
I am a Hong Kong based seller focus on 4WD / 4X4 / RV / ATV / Bike and all kind of special gadgets for vehicle batteries. The main product so far is:

1. Voltage Sensitive Relay


2. Smart Battery Isolator


3. Low Voltage Disconnect


Here is the website:
http://rimskycheng.wix.com/battek

I offer 2 ways of selling:
1. Direct selling through paypal, cheaper
2. Selling through ebay

I had been looking at this website for a while, and really interested in the stuff your guys are doing. Keep up with the good work! Thanks.

Best Regards,
Rimsky Cheng

My personal website:
http://rimskycheng.wix.com/rimskych
your low voltage disconnect is rated at 30amp .. please explain how device protects a 12v motorcycle battery that could deliver 300+ amps at cold temps?
_cy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 10:22 PM   #4
Dustodust
Studly Adventurer
 
Dustodust's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Hillsboro Oregon
Oddometer: 837
So to clarify, I presume that the purpose of this device is to protect a LifPo/Lithium Ion or Lithium Iron battery like the Shorai .

the concept is one I have thought of long ago and wonder why it is not standard as part of any Lifpo battery

I have tested extensively and do not trust the Lifpo on my motorcycles, but I would like to have one on board as a backup and is it possible that this device would allow that
Is it possible that thi would also allow the Shorai to be used as a portable aux power pack device by not destroying the battery when it runs down

I am interested in aquiring one of these
__________________
04 KTM 950 S
04 KTM 525 EXC street plated
Dustodust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 10:36 PM   #5
Dustodust
Studly Adventurer
 
Dustodust's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Hillsboro Oregon
Oddometer: 837
I would like to have a second battery in place, the standard lead Acid main battery and a lightweight Shorai, the Lifpo will only be used for emergency starting
which would require a smart battery isolator which would allow the Shorai Lifpo to be recharged without overcharging or running critically low

Do you have a device that will serve this purpose ?
__________________
04 KTM 950 S
04 KTM 525 EXC street plated
Dustodust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 11:30 PM   #6
_cy_
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Oddometer: 5,899
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustodust View Post
So to clarify, I presume that the purpose of this device is to protect a LifPo/Lithium Ion or Lithium Iron battery like the Shorai .

the concept is one I have thought of long ago and wonder why it is not standard as part of any Lifpo battery

I have tested extensively and do not trust the Lifpo on my motorcycles, but I would like to have one on board as a backup and is it possible that this device would allow that
Is it possible that thi would also allow the Shorai to be used as a portable aux power pack device by not destroying the battery when it runs down

I am interested in aquiring one of these
the latest EarthX LiFePO4 batteries has an internal BMS with low/high voltage cut off .. but it's isolated with series of MOSFET capable of handling the 300+ amps necessary to clamp down main buss.

still waiting on how a device rated at 30amp manages to clamp 300+ amp loads?

don't what kind of tests you've done but LiFePO4 have more than proven to be dead nuts reliable provided a properly sized LiFePO4 is installed. lots more info in LiFePO4 testing thread .. link in sig

Shorai's pb/eq ratings mean little to nothing and is grossly misleading.

_cy_ screwed with this post 10-31-2014 at 11:36 PM
_cy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 12:14 AM   #7
rimskych OP
n00b
 
Joined: Jul 2014
Oddometer: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by _cy_ View Post
your low voltage disconnect is rated at 30amp .. please explain how device protects a 12v motorcycle battery that could deliver 300+ amps at cold temps?
This is normally not used for starter battery but secondary battery which could be AGM or deep cycle battery which draw significantly less current depends on application. Thanks.
rimskych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 12:20 AM   #8
_cy_
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Oddometer: 5,899
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimskych View Post
This is normally not used for starter battery but secondary battery which could be AGM or deep cycle battery which draw significantly less current depends on application. Thanks.
ok that explains it .. please consider putting in description ... not for starter battery, secondary battery only.
if a LiFePO4 or AGM motorcycle battery is sized properly, a secondary battery is not needed.

very rarely will you see a secondary battery installed on a motorcycle. a very bad idea installing a LiFePO4 in parallel with an AGM due to voltage differences.

_cy_ screwed with this post 11-01-2014 at 12:25 AM
_cy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 12:26 AM   #9
rimskych OP
n00b
 
Joined: Jul 2014
Oddometer: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by _cy_ View Post
the latest EarthX LiFePO4 batteries has an internal BMS with low/high voltage cut off .. but it's isolated with series of MOSFET capable of handling the 300+ amps necessary to clamp down main buss.

still waiting on how a device rated at 30amp manages to clamp 300+ amp loads?

don't what kind of tests you've done but LiFePO4 have more than proven to be dead nuts reliable provided a properly sized LiFePO4 is installed. lots more info in LiFePO4 testing thread .. link in sig

Shorai's pb/eq ratings mean little to nothing and is grossly misleading.
The products above are not designed for LiFePO4 or lithium ion batteries. These batteries require constant current charging to ensure safety, and what I am selling is basically smart relays which only do ON/OFF.

I think lithium batteries with their high charge density would be the road ahead, I already saw some lithium batteries with integrated electronics, as what cy said, they already have protection built in but people will always buy for extra protection so i do see there will be a market selling protection device for lithium battery ( to prevent over-charging of battery).

However, more problem usually lie in un-balance of individual cells of lithium battery, which mean the problem must be solved with the integrated electronics. Just my 2 cents. Thanks.
rimskych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 02:14 AM   #10
Dustodust
Studly Adventurer
 
Dustodust's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Hillsboro Oregon
Oddometer: 837
OK Im out nothing to see here
I was hoping for a unique innovation
I can get a battery isolator at any farm supply or auto parts store
appears to be more chinese knock off junk and the OP never answerd me so there is no way I would do bizz with that attitude
same reason most businesses are pulling plug on china
I ordered parts from china off ebay, took eight weeks to get the one, never did get the other, got a out of stock sorry after 6 weeks....
never again
buh bye
__________________
04 KTM 950 S
04 KTM 525 EXC street plated

Dustodust screwed with this post 11-01-2014 at 02:31 AM
Dustodust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 02:25 AM   #11
Dustodust
Studly Adventurer
 
Dustodust's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Hillsboro Oregon
Oddometer: 837
Quote:
Originally Posted by _cy_ View Post
ok that explains it .. please consider putting in description ... not for starter battery, secondary battery only.
if a LiFePO4 or AGM motorcycle battery is sized properly, a secondary battery is not needed.

very rarely will you see a secondary battery installed on a motorcycle. a very bad idea installing a LiFePO4 in parallel with an AGM due to voltage differences.
that is your opinion
went to the thread and it has info i already know
and I never mentioned anything about installing in parallel
I was talking about a super light totally isolated emergency reserve battery
and there are many things we have never seen that doesnt mean they are not a good idea ,( unless someone knows everything )

if something happens to the main battery while alone way off road somewhere I guess just whip out the sattelite phone and call a tow truck then eh ?
I wonder if AAA will go through muddy bolder strewn backroads
__________________
04 KTM 950 S
04 KTM 525 EXC street plated

Dustodust screwed with this post 11-01-2014 at 02:36 AM
Dustodust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 06:06 AM   #12
rimskych OP
n00b
 
Joined: Jul 2014
Oddometer: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustodust View Post
OK Im out nothing to see here
I was hoping for a unique innovation
I can get a battery isolator at any farm supply or auto parts store
appears to be more chinese knock off junk and the OP never answerd me so there is no way I would do bizz with that attitude
same reason most businesses are pulling plug on china
I ordered parts from china off ebay, took eight weeks to get the one, never did get the other, got a out of stock sorry after 6 weeks....
never again
buh bye
Sorry if I appear not have answer your question, but my reply that this is not for lithium battery is indeed a reply to your inquiry as well even if I quote the other user's reply.

These are indeed Chinese made, and not all Chinese made stuff are bad. Just my 2 cents. Thanks.
rimskych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 06:25 AM   #13
rimskych OP
n00b
 
Joined: Jul 2014
Oddometer: 6
New Stock Available

The 3 items are re-stocked.

Smart Battery Isolator get some nice updates, now they have a override wire so the relay in addition to automatic operation can be turned on by a manual switch.

Also, the isolator will be shipped with free battery terminal insulator which make the installation more reliable and safe.

Feel free to visit my ebay website:

http://www.ebay.com/usr/rimskych

And my official site:

http://rimskycheng.wix.com/battek
rimskych is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014