Yes.

Semper Paratus
marty hill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 12:19 PM   #17
f800guy OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 50
Quote:
With the baffle in the akro was quieter than the stock pipe. I took it out/takes 1 minute/and love the sound. Not half as loud as the remus. Look for the screw on the bottom at the very rear/take it out and pull out the baffle with anything that you can get a grip with. Took 1 good tug.
Marty, could you be more specific. I am trying to take out the baffle myself and I removed the rubber cover but can't seem to find a screw? Looks like the baffle is welded to the pipe? I most be missing something here? Sorry for the stupid questions but this is my first time messing around with a pipe/baffle?
Touratech Left and Right Swingarm Covers
BMW touring Screen & Hand Guards
Wunderlich Cruise Control
f800guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 12:56 PM   #18
SVPilot
Adventurer

I am totally diggin' that 800...Color, pipe and all...............
SVPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 02:17 PM   #19
marty hill
The Energizer Bunny

Oddometer: 4,099
It was my first time with a baffle. Took the rubber tit off. Looked up into the hole with a flashlight. Saw the screw/found a bit that fit/took it off. Got a needle nose and pulled the baffle out. Doubt that yours is welded in/I'm assuming you have the right pipe on your bike. Can't remember what the screw head is and really don't feel like going into the box holding all the crap I've removed from the bike.

Hope this helps.

Semper Paratus
Old 06-11-2009, 12:48 PM   #20
TastyPants
Harasshole

Oddometer: 222
Hey F800 Guy,

Your pics in this thread prompted me to get a cortech super mini for my f800gs. It just came today and I went out to try and put it on (any excuse to get away from work) for the ride home. After just a quick look at my attachment options I decided I would need to spend some time when I get home. Any advice on where you attached the single strap that goes under the seat? I tried to loop it under the frame but their didnt seem to be enough length to make it work.

Anyway, any advice you could give is much appreciated, and thanks in advance for your time!

Sent you a PM too so sorry for the dupe!
TastyPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 01:38 PM   #21
marty hill
The Energizer Bunny

Oddometer: 4,099
Single strap under the seat. Why attach to anything? Clamp the seat over it and it will stay put. That's how my RKA stays on the 800GS.

Semper Paratus
Old 06-11-2009, 02:13 PM   #22
TastyPants
Harasshole

Oddometer: 222
Ha, a simple answer. I will give that a shot. I guess it didnt occur to me. Its the Ikea furniture issue... I have this thing, it needs to go somewhere...

Thanks!
TastyPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 05:48 PM   #23
f800guy OP
Adventurer

Sorry for the late response Tasty, I sent you a PM with the instructions that worked for me:)
Touratech Left and Right Swingarm Covers
BMW touring Screen & Hand Guards
Wunderlich Cruise Control
f800guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 09:21 AM   #24
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,251
What's a good place to do business to get the slip on Akrapovic in the US? (not the BMW supplied one)
Old 05-18-2010, 09:28 AM   #25
The Griz
North Forest Rider

Oddometer: 3,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget Boy
What's a good place to do business to get the slip on Akrapovic in the US? (not the BMW supplied one)
I ordered a Two Bros from these guys. Great prices, great service, fast shipping:

http://www.starcycle-usa.com/servlet...08-2009/Detail

I've also heard good things about these folks:

http://www.solomotoparts.com/product...mpaign=Froogle

The Griz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 03:05 PM   #26
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,251
Thanks, I talked to someone at solomotoparts and I'm impressed with how responsive and willing to please ... They will earn my business
Old 05-19-2010, 04:21 AM   #27
RV8Pilot
Blue,Green,Blue,Gree.....

Oddometer: 214
I've had my Akro on the bike from the dealer since new (about 700 miles), and the other day decided to take the baffle out. I unscrewed the retaining bolt and tried to pull the baffle out with no success. I tried using penetrating oil to loosen it up but it won't even wiggle and now I have a semi square baffle opening instead of round from using the vise grips on it

Any ideas?
Old 05-19-2010, 03:05 PM   #28
EnderTheX
Drunken Squirrel

Oddometer: 2,707
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV8Pilot
I've had my Akro on the bike from the dealer since new (about 700 miles), and the other day decided to take the baffle out. I unscrewed the retaining bolt and tried to pull the baffle out with no success. I tried using penetrating oil to loosen it up but it won't even wiggle and now I have a semi square baffle opening instead of round from using the vise grips on it

Any ideas?
Mine came out fine AFTER I let the exhaust cool for a while (at least 30 mins). The carbon does not expand when it is hot and it doesn't really get hot at all... The steel on the other hand will expand and wedge itself in there. I can't get mine out if it is really hot.

On that note: Try taking a bag of ice to the baffle when the bike is cold and cool the baffle as much as possible, then try yanking it out.

Also, grip the baffle by the thin sheet metal instead of across the opening so you don't warp the entire thing (not sure if you are already doing this, just a tip).

By the way, if you ever want to do stealth motorcycling keep the baffle, I think the road noise from the tires on gravel is louder than the exhaust with that thing in.

EnderTheX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 03:08 PM   #29
The Griz
North Forest Rider

Oddometer: 3,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV8Pilot

Any ideas?
Did you use WD-40? That usually works at un-seizing metal parts. Spray it in, then let it sit and penetrate overnight. Then in the morning, spray some more in and try and pull it out.

Is there a certain angle that it needs to be puled out at? Some secret technique?
The Griz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 05:34 PM   #30
RV8Pilot
Blue,Green,Blue,Gree.....

Oddometer: 214
I tried riding for 50 miles with nothing holding the baffle in thinking that maybe the exhaust pressure and vibration just might loosen it up, which didn't happen. The local machine shop loves this stuff called Kroil, oil that creeps. I used this and vise grip's pulling on just the outer circumference of the baffle. Tomorrow I think I'll try cooling the baffle itself and see if that works along with some WD40. Thanks for the tips.