ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2009, 02:10 PM   #76
GearWhore
Running fans the flames

Oddometer: 477
New Tag

So this one may or may not be difficult. You can see it from the main road going through town. Snuck out for lunch today.

Ill give you a couple of views:

Then I went to Lunch a little ways away at:

Bacon Burger Dog and Chocolate Milk....mmmmm

Gearwhore
GearWhore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 02:29 PM   #77
GearWhore
Running fans the flames

Hey Steve,

You must be in the neighborhood since we have the Boathouse pic and Highland Grill. I'm in South Minneapolis. I couldn't let Highland go without a fight (sorry williefast, you'll get the next one).

The fish came from a scooter promo that Scooterville did a few years back, stole a few extras...just a small fish in the stream of commuting. The russel is a second hand seat but they sure are nice. Any bike that I will be doing longer runs on will have a Russel. Enough friends have had them to sell me.

I got to run around on a Versys last week, sweeeeeeeeet bike. Made me kind of hate the KLR. Brakes and smooth motor on the Versys for commuting versus (pun intended) no brakes and thump thump thump...but Tengai will have to do for now however.

PM me, we can chat and meet up at Matt's sometime.

Gus "Gearwhore"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonerockz
Highland Grill is one of my favorites. Had Chicken Involtini; Gorgonzola cheese and Pitt ham rolled in seared chicken breasts served with Asiago mashed potatoes, wild mushroom ragout and red wine reduction. Yummy! I am a huge Gorgonzola hound. They have a good beer list as well, although I'm one of those that does not ride after drinking so I had to skip that.

GearWhore, nice stickers on the helmet! Also looks like you have a Russell saddle there. We'll have to meet up some time. Need to sit on one to see if its worth the cash.

Waiting for the next tag with baited breath!
Old 05-07-2009, 02:43 PM   #78
lonerockz OP
Permanent n00b

Oddometer: 663
Gus, I'm a stones throw from Calhoun where all the "cool" bikers hang out. Of whom is this "Matt" that you speak?

I do like the Versys, been off bikes for 11 years, so it is far more capable than I!

Wille, the tags all yours. I'm off to Startrek with the boy tonight, but tomorrow I ride to work, so the clock is ticking...
IBA #37625 (Earned in 98 Awarded in 2009... Yeah I'm a little lazy sometimes...)
Rustic Roads Century Progress
lonerockz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 03:38 PM   #79
Metallic Waste
Wearing the Cone Of Shame

Oddometer: 3,910
Fear the cheese.....
-K

--GSAnderson
Metallic Waste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 04:30 PM   #80
GearWhore
Running fans the flames

What? You dddddddon't know Matt's? You claim to be a fat guy and you dddddon't know Matt's?

http://www.mattsbar.com/
You can tell the quality of the food by the quality of the web site

I had high hopes for you lad, but sad sad sad....

We'll get you squared away though. Jucy Lucy's on me.

Gus
Old 05-07-2009, 06:09 PM   #81
williefast
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 421
Somebody else can grab this one tonight or tomorrow. I'm out of energy and the case of beer in my fridge is gonna win tonight. I gotta say though this game has taken over my life. All the projects in my garage have come to a hault, I sneak to the computer several times a day to see if theres any action and every where I go I see good tag ideas. I've been watching the one in south Alabama where my dad (jetwrench) lives since it started trying to help him get one, and when I saw one for greater twin cities I just had to get the first one. I'm sure I will get many more too though I'm definitly not high tech and cant post from the sight. I'm rockin a slow computer and old ass camera.
I had fun today, I put on 200 miles in the last 2 days and can't wait to get on my bike tomorrow. Hell if no one has gotten it by the time I get off work tomorrow I'll make the 150 mile round trip to get it just for the excuse to put another pic of my bad ass SV on the internet. Not to talk about my bike and what looks cool but to talk about the ride and see theres other people out there who don't need a reason to ride, just a destination.

P.S. Thanks Lonerockz for starting it and everone else for playing.

williefast screwed with this post 05-07-2009 at 06:22 PM
williefast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 09:07 PM   #82
MikeFromMT
Past Tense

Oddometer: 3,693
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearWhore
So this one may or may not be difficult. You can see it from the main road going through town. Snuck out for lunch today.

Ill give you a couple of views:

Then I went to Lunch a little ways away at:

Bacon Burger Dog and Chocolate Milk....mmmmm

Gearwhore

I used to live in that town
If I leave right now I could be there by 4am, get to my sisters to upload pics by 5...ah screw it, I'll just hit the sack

Do I look like a man with a plan?
MikeFromMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 09:20 PM   #83
Metallic Waste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallic Waste
Fear the cheese.....
-K
With pics! (note sticker)

-K

--GSAnderson
Old 05-07-2009, 10:31 PM   #84
Daggy
Wondering ...

Oddometer: 986
I like ...

I'm likin' this thread. Keep the food pics coming!
Do we have to do a Matt's M & G sometime soon too?
Daggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 04:51 AM   #85
*Gravy*
Jedi Loser

Oddometer: 4,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daggy
I'm likin' this thread. Keep the food pics coming!
Do we have to do a Matt's M & G sometime soon too?
Then "The Nook" for comparison purposes! (http://www.crnook.net/)
Old 05-08-2009, 05:19 AM   #86
GearWhore
Running fans the flames

STOP! No Jucy Lucy comparison high jack in this thread

STOP!

Focus people, focus. This once innocent thread devoted to locations and food could spiral down the Thread Hijack Toilet if we start throwing out the "this Jucy is better that that Jucy". Not pointing fingers directly at you Gravy, just be careful, next thing we know we are in a Minneapolis vs St Paul, Twins vs Brewers, Burger vs Salad discussion

So, for all of you ADD members (Yes, ADD, not ADV) something shiny, go get it.

As an aside Daggy, if a meet and greet is in order, I may have to host. (I am near Matts) Matts and the Nook get pretty crowded. Even 6 ADD members could disrupt the melted cheese force.

Let's get a few more pictures under our belts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Gravy*
Then "The Nook" for comparison purposes! (http://www.crnook.net/)

GearWhore screwed with this post 05-08-2009 at 05:38 AM
Old 05-08-2009, 07:49 AM   #87
lonerockz OP
Permanent n00b

Oddometer: 663
Believe it or not I went to south high a few blocks from Matt's, but I have never been there.

Lucky for me I don't have Attention defi... Oh look a bird!

Well I have figured out exactly where the church is (thought it would be orthodox, not catholic), but its 40 miles from my work, so I don't think I will get there on lunch. Which means Saturday at the earliest!

K, nice stickers! I see you have a team strange sticker as well. You do the MN1000s? Last time I rode a bike before this spring was in the 1998 MN1000. Wife was pregnant and wanted me to stop... now the kids are old enough they'll remember me if I'm gone, so she finally relented.
IBA #37625 (Earned in 98 Awarded in 2009... Yeah I'm a little lazy sometimes...)
Rustic Roads Century Progress
lonerockz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 08:32 AM   #88
GearWhore
Running fans the flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by williefast
I'm sure I will get many more too though I'm definitly not high tech and cant post from the sight. I'm rockin a slow computer and old ass camera.

P.S. Thanks Lonerockz for starting it and everone else for playing.
Hey Williefast,

I too am not able to post from site. These kids with their rock and roll music and fancy phones will be hard to beat once they start playing. Until then, good luck and may the fastest lazy rider win.

I second the Thank You Lonerockz. Fun game, looking forward to the summer. I have a bunch of sites in mind, it could get quick and fun if we get a string in the MLPS / ST.Paul city limits.

Gus "Gearwhore"
Old 05-08-2009, 09:32 AM   #89
Metallic Waste

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonerockz
K, nice stickers! I see you have a team strange sticker as well. You do the MN1000s? Last time I rode a bike before this spring was in the 1998 MN1000. Wife was pregnant and wanted me to stop... now the kids are old enough they'll remember me if I'm gone, so she finally relented.
1998 was my first MN1K. Metallic Waste has completed three MN1K's!

I have my camera with today. Let's see if I can beat everyone to the tag.
-K

--GSAnderson
Old 05-08-2009, 09:36 AM   #90
williefast
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 421
I did my first MN1K last year and I wont miss it this year. I learned soo much and cant wait to try again this year.
williefast is offline   Reply With Quote