Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2009, 05:03 AM   #16
Rokoneer
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankenbeemer
I presume the baja and the proto is what interests you, right?
Any and all Sir! The more unusual or rare the better.
Rokoneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 05:56 PM   #17
Desertpistons
80s dakar

Oddometer: 247
Guzzi Baja

The love for this one started 5 years ago when i spotted this bike in France. Yes the Baja were built in Italy but commissioned by the french importer that wanted guzzi bikes to race at the dakar. Only few bikes are left in Italy. Most are in France and few in Australia.

Lets get to the meat and here it is in its absolute beauty -yup i mean" bellezza" by the way it is the only one in north America that I am aware of

last a flick on youtube of another one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OqXTjivPvA

and a very well designed web site in french for the small blocks-my bike is the forth one from the top on your right-while being restored

http://pagesperso-orange.fr/smalltwins/baja.htm

so what are the differences between the v65tt/ntx and the baja??? technically speaking at level of frame and suspension the same difference that are between the bmw g/s and the bmw hpn ones...
Desertpistons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 05:19 AM   #18
Rokoneer
Studly Adventurer

Absolutely beautiful, and amazing, and cool, and unique, and......

More pictures, more I say! One picture is torture......
Old 06-06-2009, 11:00 AM   #19
s10rat
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,019
That is too sweet Frankenbeemer
wish my quota was so well designed
...Best italian bikes are exported...sad true
french , austarlians , germans etc have the most and the best I guess
s10rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 08:04 PM   #20
K1W1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,462
I snapped these at the festival of Italian Motorcycles in Melbourne in 2007. This bike was not there in 2008.

K1W1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 04:35 PM   #21
Rokoneer
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by K1W1
Yikes on the broken skid plate welds!

The owner should send that bike to me so I can treat it the way it deserves to be treated.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:22 PM   #22
primoguzzisti
Amiable Zany

Oddometer: 2
Another Guzzi V65TT rider? Why, yes there is.

Good to hear of another V65TT rider out there. I found mine in Vancouver BC a couple of years ago - a 1987 model with an indicated 26000km and looking pretty scruffy for $1200. I have been into Guzzis for a long time and have a couple of big block models (LeMans 1, V7 Sport). I was shocked to find a V65TT in North America as I thought this model was only available in Europe. Apparently, a few of these bikes were brought in - I've heard numbers from 22 to 36.

It had been sitting for quite a few years and needed a good going over.

Highlights:
  • Ran like crap when I got it. Had K&N's and main jets that were WAY to large. Returned it to stock airbox and jet sizes and it ran much better.
  • The bike had a habit of losing any clearance on the exhaust valves due to the valves stretching. After reading that these valves will eventually lose their heads (hmmm... crunchy!) I replaced these with the factory updated parts - and the problem disappeared.
  • After using it for a few months as a daily ride, I uh.. had to perform an emergency stop using the car ahead of me - essentially writing the bike off. No complaints here - any accident that you can walk away from is a good one, but the bike had bent forks, front wheel, triple clamps and frame, smashed alternator, and broken tranny mounts. Took me 6 months to repair the bike - using a 2-ton engine hoist to straighten the frame and sourcing bits from Harpers - who had fork tubes in stock (whooda thunk?)
  • Been using it a a daily ride for the last 6 months. Managed to score a new Leovince exhaust system off of Ebay Italy for not too bad a price, and have rejetted for the pipe and K&Ns. This made a huge difference for midrange power and gives the bike an awesome growl - much beter than the crappy stock system and saved 10 lbs to boot. Have put on a pair of Ikons shocks to replace the Marzocchi Strada stock rear shocks - which were crap.
  • Got the factory parts fiche which I converted to a .pdf file - if anyone needs it.
  • Took it on a 5 day 2500km run through Washington and central Oregon in late May - returning up the coast back to Victoria. The bike makes an surprisingly good back road scratcher with the new shocks and a pair of Pirelli Scorpion MT90/AT tires. Very flickable with a dry weight of 360 lbs (sez the owners manual). Main problem was an oil pressure switch that sprang a leak (now replaced) - which had me leaving puddles like a BSA.
  • Brakes are crap - way too spongy. I have a set of stainless lines on the way which I hope help somewhat, but the dinky Brembo F05 calipers belong on a moped.
  • Fuel capacity is crap for a dual sport at 14 liters. I've added a 10 liter Tour Tank (eBay $20 find) for long trips and have mounted this to an extended rear rack deck I made out of aluminum - with the thing plumbed into a second petcock by the right shock. This pushes my range out to over 300km -and most don't even notice the 2nd tank when the bike is loaded as it has a cover that dresses it up as sleeping roll or some other luggage.
I'm heading off next Monday on a two week run with my buddy who's on an '87 Cagiva 650 Elefant. Although these bikes are clearly set up for taking on north Africa, we'll be heading to northern California and checking out some of the roads there - and maybe some of the dirty back roads as well. Final destination is the Annual Laverda Rally in Nakusp BC - kinda a long route to get there from here.

We just need to find a couple of riders with Morini Camel 500s or Laverda Atlas's and we could start Team '87 Italian Dakar Posers!

GS's?... GS's?... We don't need no steenkin' GS's!!

Picture attached.

Cheers
Scott McWilliams
Victoria, B.C.
Attached Images

primoguzzisti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 11:12 AM   #23
bojan zupet
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
Any Moto Guzzi V65 TT Owners

Hay Frankenbeemer
Would like very much to get some frame V35 pics. if possible. Since im a Guzzi enduro fan, idea is to convert rear suspension on mono on my old NTX-87.So can you sent few?
Kind regardes Zupi
http://freeweb.siol.net/zupet3/
bojan zupet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 06:38 PM   #24
Desertpistons
80s dakar

pics

I will do it soon. the bike will be completed in few weeks. it was left by guzzi unfinished and i tried to complete it with parts from that period giving a "regolarita' " feeling/touch to the bike.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:34 AM   #25
nolleman
Child Prodigy

Oddometer: 55
Quote:
The love for this one started 5 years ago when i spotted this bike in France. Yes the Baja were built in Italy but commissioned by the french importer that wanted guzzi bikes to race at the dakar. Only few bikes are left in Italy. Most are in France and few in Australia.

Lets get to the meat and here it is in its absolute beauty -yup i mean" bellezza" by the way it is the only one in north America that I am aware of

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/4112/img0076f.jpg

last a flick on youtube of another one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OqXTjivPvA

and a very well designed web site in french for the small blocks-my bike is the forth one from the top on your right-while being restored

http://pagesperso-orange.fr/smalltwins/baja.htm

so what are the differences between the v65tt/ntx and the baja??? technically speaking at level of frame and suspension the same difference that are between the bmw g/s and the bmw hpn ones...

I want one! I want one!
nolleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 11:15 PM   #26
Kapp555
Better to be Offroad!

Oddometer: 671
Quote:
I will do it soon. the bike will be completed in few weeks. it was left by guzzi unfinished and i tried to complete it with parts from that period giving a "regolarita' " feeling/touch to the bike.
Just want to tell you what a beautiful bike you have there. It probably never gets old hearing it either, but man thats a work of art!
Kapp555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 06:37 PM   #27
motoretro
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 488
I saw my 1st TT650 at BP Cycle in Dauphin, PA in the mid 1980's. I was picking up a left over 84 SP1000 in the very cool blue/silver color and taking it back to MI. Blaine Paulus was the owner of the shop hence the BP thing and a very nice guy. Blaine use to road race a Lario 8 valve and was very good on the track if I remember correctly. If you guys remember the ads back in the 80's, look for the 85 LeMans ad with guy in white leathers banking her in to a corner......Well from what I understand that's Blaine and i'm sure he's still out there riding still. use to be in Guzzi news quite a bit. he might be able to give you additional info on the TT........if you can locate him.

Motoretro
motoretro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 10:48 AM   #28
bojan zupet
Adventurer

Any Moto Guzzi v 65 TT owners

Hay frankenbeemer
Saw that front brake disc on Baja. Do you know typ and diameter?
Regardes Zupi
Old 08-02-2009, 02:36 AM   #29
Desertpistons
80s dakar

brake

Let me check. It is a brembo and definetely larger than the stock tt disk. I would say 265-285 but I need to check.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:35 AM   #30
bojan zupet
Adventurer

Any Moto Guzzi V65 TT Owners

Hay Scott
One can easily put NTX's 32 lit. tank on TT, no problem saw one in Germany.
Brake calliper, with adapter fits this one on Italian Ebay: pinze freno NTX, saw some TT and NTX 650 with. They are 4 pistons Brembo from NTX 750 or Cagiva elafant 350.
Zupi