ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2009, 02:10 PM   #76
Gray Dragon
Geezer rider

Oddometer: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Dragon
Thanks
I noticed this thread isn't displaying posts past #70, so

This is just a test to see if this works.

Ok that's weird, I can't see posts 71-75, but this post (76) pops up on a new page.

Go figure.

Never buy a fur coat from a man being chased by a naked bear.
Gray Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 06:58 PM   #77
yosso
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 965
Quote:
I noticed this thread isn't displaying posts past #70, so

This is just a test to see if this works.

Ok that's weird, I can't see posts 71-75, but this post (76) pops up on a new page.

Go figure.
I can see the posts 71-75 in FireFox (3.0.10) but not in Chrome (latest version).

Hmmm.
yosso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 07:05 PM   #78
yosso
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Ron
Hey guys! New to this area, just moved to West Plains from Colorado. I am always ready to ride at a moments notice! Other than Sundays Im up to ride. I have a Honda Africa Twin that just loves to get out and play.
Welcome to Missouri (I guess).

You're really close to a bunch of great spots, not to mention the wonderful world of Branson (NOT!).

That being said, I'll be in Branson in July and will take the bike along for some back roads touring (wife allowing, and all that).

M.
Old 05-30-2009, 06:01 PM   #79
Deadly
Asphalt Adventurer!

Oddometer: 1,522
Just got home from the Stockton Lake area and the weather was awesome!

Did a little exploring on old US 66 too..

Got Dirt!

IBA #14873
02' Nighthawk 750
My Website
Deadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 06:34 AM   #80
yosso
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
I'll be at Joplin's motorcycle safety awareness expo this weekend. I volunteered to pick up cones on the skills course.
How was the turnout at the Expo?
Old 06-01-2009, 10:34 AM   #81
HillbillyNinja OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,797
Expo turnout was just ok. I estimate there were about 250 riders in and out through the time i was there. That's 8am to 4pm. The stunt rider was awesome, and the cops were really cool to people. I was really impressed by the JOplin mounted police's riding skills. They could really hustle their road kings around the course!

I suggested that for next year there be a bikini bike wash. I imagine that will improve our turnout!
I had rather be shut up in a very modest cottage with my books, my family and a few old friends, dining on simple bacon, and letting the world roll on as it liked, than to occupy the most splendid post, which any human power can give. -Thomas Jefferson

Tornado Alley Rally, June 10th, 2011!
HillbillyNinja is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 03:08 PM   #82
Gray Dragon
Geezer rider

I've got to hand it to the JPD they were out there all day either giving demostrations or helping riders run the course.

A few more attendees would have been nice, but being the first year of having it, and the first really nice weekend weather wise in a while didn't help much. We are hopful that next year will be bigger and better.

The Triumph dealer did let me try the course on a Street Triple. After just about dropping it (I hope he didn't notice ). I decided I should get familiar with the bike before trying to run a low speed course on it.

Old 06-01-2009, 08:22 PM   #83
yosso
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
I've got to hand it to the JPD they were out there all day either giving demostrations or helping riders run the course.

A few more attendees would have been nice, but being the first year of having it, and the first really nice weekend weather wise in a while didn't help much. We are hopful that next year will be bigger and better.

The Triumph dealer did let me try the course on a Street Triple. After just about dropping it (I hope he didn't notice ). I decided I should get familiar with the bike before trying to run a low speed course on it.
Was that the dealer from El Dorado, MO?

I still want a Speed Triple, but I'll settle for Street (either is more bike than I need).

Glad the turnout wasn't too bad. Hope the event can return next year.

Somebody was saying there was some sort of HOG rally in NW Arkansas, so perhaps that might account for the lower than expected turnout?

http://www.nwanews.com/nwat/whatsup/76772/

M.
Old 06-01-2009, 08:27 PM   #84
pilot
Slacker Moderator

Oddometer: 31,181
Eureka Springs was loaded with Harleys this weekend. I passed through on Friday on the way to SLAP. I avoided it on the way home.
Old 06-02-2009, 01:39 PM   #85
Gray Dragon
Geezer rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosso
Was that the dealer from El Dorado, MO?

I still want a Speed Triple, but I'll settle for Street (either is more bike than I need).

Glad the turnout wasn't too bad. Hope the event can return next year.

Somebody was saying there was some sort of HOG rally in NW Arkansas, so perhaps that might account for the lower than expected turnout?

http://www.nwanews.com/nwat/whatsup/76772/

M.
The Dealer was El Dorado Cycle. I havn't been able to do much business with him yet, but he is higly recommended by several people I know.

I like the Tiger's riding position better than the Street but that 675 has plenty of power. Here's hoping Triumph will get around to selling the "Tiger Cub".

Old 06-03-2009, 08:22 PM   #86
yosso
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
The Dealer was El Dorado Cycle. I havn't been able to do much business with him yet, but he is higly recommended by several people I know.

I like the Tiger's riding position better than the Street but that 675 has plenty of power. Here's hoping Triumph will get around to selling the "Tiger Cub".
A "Tiger Cub" would be my choice over the full size Tiger, hopefully it would have ABS as an option.
Old 06-04-2009, 02:16 PM   #87
Gray Dragon
Geezer rider

When I was riding the Street Triple it had a nice whrrr sound. Today at lunch a Daytona went past, and it had a completely different sound. Are there different pipes between the two, or maybe the Daytona had aftermarket pipes?

Still dreaming about a Triumph.

Old 06-06-2009, 09:42 AM   #88
yosso
Studly Adventurer

Short ride in the Chat fields...

Short ride on 5/17/09, my daughter was born the next day, so I'm just now getting a chance to post my phone camera pictures.

Most of the chat fields seemed closed to riding, but I found this small section not to far from my house with a multitude of four wheeler tracks and trails, small but I had fun. Located on the SW corner of the intersection of 171 and 249 (south of Carterville).

Clickable thumbnails from Photobucket.

Water crossing (not).

Gratuitious bike shot in the scenic wasteland.

Nice playing field.

The Road less traveled (cliche).

Need to get a new front tube on the bike, and then hopefully be able to run out for some more practice Sunday afternoon.
Old 06-07-2009, 10:59 AM   #89
HillbillyNinja OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,797
I really love all the old mining tailings around here for riding. I plan on doing the west side of Snowball on June 25th. You're welcome to come along!!!
I had rather be shut up in a very modest cottage with my books, my family and a few old friends, dining on simple bacon, and letting the world roll on as it liked, than to occupy the most splendid post, which any human power can give. -Thomas Jefferson

Tornado Alley Rally, June 10th, 2011!
HillbillyNinja is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 11:13 AM   #90
Redburn
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 490
Im in Nevada Mo. Do most of my riding in SW Mo. and NW AR. Where is snowball? Thanks Marty