Oddometer: 13,250

$20.00 US waiting to send
Old 06-24-2009, 05:02 AM   #752
ExHD
Le Frog

Oddometer: 46
Party time!!!

Dot, Keep all the dosh.
Once back home you can organise a party for all the folks who read your thread. That way we'll all enjoy meeting you and the sad lump sitting on your back
And we'll drink away the reminicence of your finances left from your ordeal with those authorities without requiring a refund.
If this tickles your fancy, you could also have a bash across the waters for those who cannot make it in the UK. I hear from mister "I sit on your back all day long and moan non stop" that he is thinking about a ride in the US.

By the way, respect to you DOT for covering all those miles and happy 60th B'day.
ExHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 05:36 AM   #753
y2blade
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdog94tiger01
I know you may have some qualms about donating to you for the ride...
I get that, its your ride...

How about this...

We don't donate to you...

We donate to DOT!!!

Curiously enough, it will be through paypal...

So we aren't paying for you to complete your journey (although we would appreciate it if you do)...

We will pay for DOT to complete the journey...

Just a slightly different way of looking at things...

superb journey so far Nathan , i wish you all the very best

NOW

get this bloody paypal sorted so i can throw a few litres of laughing juice into Dot

...onwards and upwards
y2blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 05:54 AM   #754
Evel Otto
Formerly Hinz

Oddometer: 402
Right now, if this was an episode of A-Team, Nate would have taken Dot into some sketchy tin shed with an arc welder and some bits of steel and emerged with a flying 110 fully equiped with armor and machine guns prepared to end anybody that gets in the way of their travels!!!

Or maybe you should shave your head like Mr. T and then i'm sure they'll let you into whatever country you want. "I'm Mr. T, and you gonna let me into your country FOOL!"

On a more serious note, get that PayPal info up (it should just be an email address) and I got a $20 ready for Dot's g-string.

Evel Otto screwed with this post 06-24-2009 at 10:30 AM
Evel Otto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:18 AM   #755
Frey Bentos
not listening

Oddometer: 660
Is it possible to pay into a paypal account if you don't have one yourself? LIke through the bank? (im in the UK) Not nthat that should stop me having a PP Ac but I dont want one.
Frey Bentos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:47 AM   #756
nathanthepostman OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 610
Dot's been silenced, call the police.

I can't believe it. You give a cherished motorcycle - the hero of this trip - a voice and immediately it's taken away by the swift blunt hand of bureaucracy; here on ADVRider, I can't believe it.

Come on mods, let Dot speak.

And if you won't, insisting only one us can use it's tongue, then I reckon the readers decide who you want to keep; me or Dot. Her side of the story or mine. The wheels on the ground or the bum on the seat. The throttle or the wrist. The foot or the brake. Honda or human.

In the words of Christopher Lambert; 'there can be only one.'

(personally though I'd like to keep both)

As for that Paypal account, I've set it up, my account is nathanmillward AT hotmail.com. Is that all you need to find me because I can't for the life of me figure out what the hell else I need to do.

Which is worrying given that I'm about to attempt this;

nathanthepostman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 10:01 AM   #757
Rayburn451
n00b

Oddometer: 4
paypal

Check your account from time to time. I hope that we can keep you in gas and oil anyway. Good luck getting home. I enjoy this read...
Rayburn451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 10:29 AM   #758
Ooobah-Moto
Banned

Oddometer: 3,809
Nate,

Here's some info I dug up on the Kirachi port.... in case you need it, as per one of your route options you mentioned in your video.

Karachi International Container Terminal Limited
www.kictl.com
Administration Building, Berth 28-30
Dockyard Road, West Wharf
Karachi, Pakistan
Customer Services: (92-21) 111-111-474
UAN:(92-21) 111-542-850
Fax: (92-21) 2313816
PABX: (92-21) 2316401
General Information Query:
info@kictl.com
Container Information Query: support@kictl.com

Ooobah-Moto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 10:29 AM   #759
Evel Otto
Formerly Hinz

Oddometer: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frey Bentos
Is it possible to pay into a paypal account if you don't have one yourself? LIke through the bank? (im in the UK) Not nthat that should stop me having a PP Ac but I dont want one.
Correct. You don't need to have an account to send money to somebody with a PayPal account. The person sending the money just needs a credit card.

Nathan, once your PayPal account is set up, you should request a "PayPal ATM Card" that's attached to the account so you can get cash or charge stuff when needed.
Evel Otto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 01:00 PM   #760
svejkovat
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 856
Dot's got a pretty rugged bunch of siblings

http://motoaus.com/dirt/dirt-news-an...-nullabor.html

The amazing journey covered a total distance of over 3500 kms through some of Australia's most remote and inhospitable country.

"While there were some mishaps, all (28) of the bikes made it to the finish without mechanical failure which is an awesome testament to the reliability of the little Hondas"
svejkovat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 01:11 PM   #761
Tantrum
Condescending Nag

Oddometer: 516
Yes he is.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by TouringDave
Oh, you brave, brave (deranged) man!

"Life's odyssey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out,shouting,"...holy shit...what a ride!"
Blessed are the flexible, for they will never be bent out of shape
The purpose of fun is to have it
Tantrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 01:57 PM   #762
Mucci
Aspiring Adventurer

Oddometer: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by svejkovat
http://motoaus.com/dirt/dirt-news-an...-nullabor.html

The amazing journey covered a total distance of over 3500 kms through some of Australia's most remote and inhospitable country.

"While there were some mishaps, all (28) of the bikes made it to the finish without mechanical failure which is an awesome testament to the reliability of the little Hondas"
Awesome story and photos.
Old 06-24-2009, 02:16 PM   #763
pookiebear
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 944
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mucci
Awesome story and photos.
true that. Those bikes are awesome.
pookiebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:28 PM   #764
calrider
I'm Lost Too!!

Oddometer: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanthepostman
I can't believe it. You give a cherished motorcycle - the hero of this trip - a voice and immediately it's taken away by the swift blunt hand of bureaucracy; here on ADVRider, I can't believe it.

Come on mods, let Dot speak.
I don't get it, why were the wonderful pieces from Dot's point of view deleted????
calrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:33 PM   #765
Mucci
Aspiring Adventurer

Oddometer: 38
I don't think they were deleted. If you look back on pg 49, I think you just edited an old post Nate, as opposed to doing a new reply.

It confused me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanthepostman
So could I.

I thought I had the makings of a killer sun tan until I noticed the skin where my elbow sweats and bends is lighter than the rest. I started rubbing and realised it wasn't a tan but ingrained dirt.

I've even got a pair of Indian feet.

Hi everybody, this is Dorothy, or as you may know me, Dot.

I'm the moped that's riding from Sydney to London with beardy on the back.

He's sat in the shower hyperventilating over the decisions he has to make, that's why you've got me this morning. I'm sat, typing with my handlebars in an internet cafe where everyone's looking at me just a little strange.

But never mind, we've got work to do. I've just been finding the location of the Pakistan embassy for when I've finally scooped up Beardy and dried him off we're going to ride there and find out if we can extend our deadline. We don't really want to faff around applying for another.

After that we're going back to the Iranian embassy for another go, this time with a transit visa.

But I'm not in the best of ways. I picked up a puncture the other day and not only did that fat twat carry on riding me, but he also took me to a shady old shop who put my back wheel together all wrong. So now my back brake won't work without sticking on. He said he'll fix me but I don't really think he knows how.

Okay, must dash, there's work to be done.

Bye boys.
x

Gentlemen, if you could.

We've just arrived back from the Iranian embassy which for the second time said no and the Pakistan embassy which was closed. Poor old Nat's fizzing, a real can of Coke dropped from the hotel roof.

He needs help, he really does. But I'm just a moped he sits and farts on all day long. There's not much I can do.

Though I have talked him into the Paypal thing. The truth is he's a stubborn English git and wishes to deny that he's in the financial shit. Me on the other hand, well, I'm a woman so have no hesitation in asking men for money. Hell, when I meet you guys I even expect you to buy me a drink.

We have then set up an account for anyone desperate to donate to our cause. But he said, and this is where with Beardy I for once agree, that this trip doesn't turn into a charity. If you want to chip in for a litre of petrol that's just groovy, but if you don't then that's just as groovy too.

He feels uncomfortable with this, he really does, but he knows that with recent events and necessary detours he might just need that extra dollar. But he's insistent here, if he gets back with that money still in the bank he's giving it you all back. Alright?

Me on the other hand, I'd just spend the lot on a new hair-do for Beyonce and a new aluminium rack for Phil and the Cheeky Girls. But he's in charge, not me.

Which is worrying as he still can't fathom out this paypal thing. He has an account but no idea how to link it.

As the title reads; he needs help.

Big kiss
Dot
xx