Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2009, 02:40 PM   #766
calrider
I'm Lost Too!!

Oddometer: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mucci
I don't think they were deleted. If you look back on pg 49, I think you just edited an old post Nate, as opposed to doing a new reply.

It confused me too.
whew! good thing.
calrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:52 PM   #767
thor.i.am
ridin' a KLR

Oddometer: 126
I think the admins made that, because I got an email notification as follows:

Dear thor.i.am,

Dorothy has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Sydney to London on a moped called Dot - in the Ride reports and pics, pics, pics... forum of ADVrider.

This thread is located at:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...1&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:
Hi everybody, this is Dorothy, or as you may know me, Dot.

I'm the moped that's riding from Sydney to London with beardy on the back.

He's sat in the shower hyperventilating over the decisions he has to make, that's why you've got me this morning. I'm sat, typing with my handlebars in an internet cafe where everyone's looking at me just a little strange.

But never mind, we've got work to do. I've just been finding the location of the Pakistan embassy for when I've finally scooped up Beardy and dried him off we're going to ride there and find out if we can extend our deadline. We don't really want to faff around applying for another.

After that we're going back to the Iranian embassy for another go, this time with a transit visa.

But I'm not in the best of ways. I picked up a puncture the other day and not only did that fat twat carry on riding me, but he also took me to a shady old shop who put my back wheel together all wrong. So now my back brake won't work without sticking on. He said he'll fix me but I don't really think he knows how.

Okay, must dash, there's work to be done.

Buy boys.

And when I tried to read it there was no message. I thought I was loosing my mind.

http://iminphotos.com
thor.i.am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 05:37 PM   #768
shadman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 124
Dot,

As long as you can promise me it goes in either your belly or that odd bearded fella who rides ya, I'll donate.

Peter
Houston, Texas
shadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 06:21 PM   #769
vidd
how was your lamb?

Oddometer: 630
its up to the ADV gods wether or not nathan can keep 2 accounts. usually its a big no-no, but exceptions have been made and, personally, I think this deserves the exceptional treatment. but what do I know, right? carry on, everyone.

Stay strong Nathan! aaaand ... Go Dot!
vidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 06:59 PM   #770
Hundnase
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
i have just read all 52 pages in one sitting, just couldn't stop.

an awesome trip, a pleasure to read and watch, and definitely worth 20$ in gas money for entertainment value! :)

all the best to the 2 of you: keep on riding, keep on writing and come home safely!
Hundnase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 07:30 PM   #771
calrider
I'm Lost Too!!

Oddometer: 673
Well, Dot could just use Nathan's account then. (If Nathan's amenable) Maybe Dot could just write in a different font color.
calrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 07:32 PM   #772
vidd
how was your lamb?

Oddometer: 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by calrider
Well, Dot could just use Nathan's account then. (If Nathan's amenable) Maybe Dot could just write in a different font color.
vidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 01:25 AM   #773
biggles999
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by calrider

Or Nathan could use Dots account in a different colour font. After all Dots doing the hard job carrying him to London
biggles999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 02:24 AM   #774
vandatubes1966
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Thumb Nat your Nuts

Hi Nat & Dot

I'm not sure who is the most mental out of the two of you?

You both barking mad!

But hey, you both are doing something thats life changing and have embraced the true sense of adventure.

Here in London the weather is great but the roads are very busy and can be fast.

So Dot watch out for those loonies in the streets of London.But you'll find lots of Ozzies in London so you wont be alone.

Nat, my old son you look after youself and make sure you tell mum what you doing she'll be worried sick.

The world is watching you mate and those who aint are missing something wonderful, a nutcase on a postie bike deliverying the greatest message that Dot has every had the fortune to deliever!

Real advernture in the 21st century! Stay safe and be lucky and may the wind be on your back.

vandatubes (of old London town)
Old 06-25-2009, 03:29 AM   #775
wiseone
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by graham_kawa
Great story man. I hope you get that visa and can carry on your way without having to skp a country and feel you have compromised the challenge you set yourself. You know the one other option I can remember, is a dude who was coming the other way, who talked of a ferry from Oman to Karachi or something like that, maybe on the HUBB. I had a little search, but i couldn't find. It would change your route a fair bit, and different visa questions, but an option? And yes, it's not far from pirate territory and probably a shocking idea and i dunno if it exists... But i'm sure Dot could put a few somali pirates in their place!!!

But hope you get your visa for Iran and things there calm down. I got stuck in Bolivia a few years ago when the government was overthrown, all the roads were blocked etc. Just avoid the angry mobs lol!

And guys, let's forget the big bike, small bike, crap bike argument. I've pretty much loved everything with 2 wheels i've ever had!!! I'll be honest, being an aussie, the 'postie bike' is what drew me in to this post, but it's the tale Nathan is telling that keeps us all coming back, not what he's riding!!!
Totally agree with you there....i am only new to the forum but it is the story that has me here every day living the moment with nathan and dot! The bike could be a nifty fifty for all i care... bring on the ADVENTURE!!!
wiseone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 06:30 AM   #776
WaywardSon
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,250
Not to hijack, but...

Is this the bike you are riding?

I was driving down a back road yesterday and saw this, along with a smaller one for sale in someone's front yard. This bike has less than 5000 miles on it and is a '91 I think. Guy is asking $1200.....no clue about that. And no...I am not trying to sell it for him, just curious if this is a "postie".
'83 Yamaha Venture- Gone
'78 Suzuki GS 750- Gone
WaywardSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 07:59 AM   #777
gbacque
Adventurer

Oddometer: 75
Yep thats a Postie

Yes WaywardSon....that's a Postie.

Some of Dot's brothers and sisters.

WHOOHOOO!

Postie sidecar racing? This I have to see.

It's hard to manage all that power!
gbacque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:22 AM   #778
nathanthepostman OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 610
Sweet Jesus, don't show that wheelspinning clip to Dot. I don't want her getting any ideas and chucking me off her back, leaving me sat crestfallen in the road as she wheelies off in to her independent future.

Too late Beardy, already seen it. You best watch out tomorrow, especially now I've had my tune up.

You ungrateful bitch. I spend all day sat in the sun while you have your ears tickled and your tappets tightened and this is how you repay me? I thought we had something Dot, a future together, a life on the road. I've brought you along on the most amazing adventure, saving you a retirement life of pootling around Australian suburbs with a surfboard on your back and now you dare to suggest we go our seperate ways.

You'll never last young lady, not without me.

We'll see Beardy. Have you met my new man...

nathanthepostman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:42 AM   #779
squonker
Eat my shorts

Oddometer: 3,919

Ride Report: Canada North to South 2008 here
Drive Report: Ice Road Trucking 2005-2014 here

squonker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:46 AM   #780
DauntlessDave
Adventurer

Oddometer: 99
Oh Crud...

... I've caught up with this thread after a week's worth of lunch hours spent happily reading it. Now what am I to do? ANYhow, cheers to nate and Dot from a fan. I Look forward to future posts.
DauntlessDave is offline   Reply With Quote