ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-22-2013, 07:59 AM   #1156
Dune
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Ontario Canada
Oddometer: 437
Awesome video guys!!
more on the choked carbs?
Dune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:48 AM   #1157
max2
Gnarly Adventurer
 
max2's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: SF East Bay, CA
Oddometer: 216
Chokes..chokes..chokes
__________________
2007 Super Enduro...Finally got another one & 2008 Kawi KLX 450 - Plated
2010 KTM 690R - Sold
2006 BMW R1200GSA - SOLD...Thank Goodness...I hated that thing.
2007 KTM Super Enduro - Sold - HUGE Mistake letting it go
2006 KTM Adventure S - Sold / 2007 KTM 950 Supermoto - Sold
max2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:03 AM   #1158
rattis
Beastly Adventurer
 
rattis's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: East of the seas of Kattegat
Oddometer: 1,082
Thumb Lure

Having read all the G-spot stuff I thought I'd check out what happened in theNeighbours garage and happened to read through this thread.
I wrote that you should get a real bike aka a BMW instead of fooling around with this Austrian hobby bike. It turned out to be the other way around....
Your thread is toxic and contagious, I have caught the orange sickness and since then bought 2 KTM bikes, one 990 adv and one 950 SE, I still have the BMW and I will keep it as well
I now have the best of what Teutonic ingenuity can produce.
The BMW and the 950 reside in jolly olde Sweden where I reside and the 990 ADV is in Mexico awaiting my arrival for a continued trip to TdF.
Methinks that your KTM has reached to the top of the evolutional mountain.
It has been fun to read and follow.
Hadn't I squandered so much money on MC s I could have had at a six wheel drive by now.
Thanks for letting us share, so far so much fun.
__________________
I wish I had bought a GSA a long time ago
and now I drink Orange Crush as well, double up now, a 990Adv and a 950 SER
rattis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:38 AM   #1159
Katoom119
Mmmm....Orange Kool-aid
 
Katoom119's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Knoxville, TN
Oddometer: 1,806




Gregor it's working!
__________________
Those who dance are considered crazy by those who do not hear the music.
I am not the same having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world. - Radmacher

5 Cylinders vs. Moab..........My East Tennessee.........Internships may go to Hell and I will go to Alaska
Katoom119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 02:19 PM   #1160
CosentinoEngineering
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: NYC
Oddometer: 183
>>Chokes..chokes..chokes

Weather dependent! So far every morning the bike has started without the choke. Damn!
__________________
Chris
moto2-usa.blogspot.com
Check out my products 10% off for ADV rider members
CosentinoEngineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 02:35 PM   #1161
wiseblood
Hall Monitor
 
wiseblood's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: New York City
Oddometer: 12,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosentinoEngineering View Post
>>Chokes..chokes..chokes

Weather dependent! So far every morning the bike has started without the choke. Damn!

More than just weather! If the bike was inside all night, then weather doesn't matter so much.

When it gets really cold out (I store my bike outside) I have a heat lamp overnight pointed at the oil tank and underside of the engine. Two days ago, when it was in the mid-30's, I didn't even need ANY choke. Usually in that temp I'd need at least half-choke and it would take a while to run without choke.

So, leave the bike outside. Tell me where it is, and leave the keys in the ignition. I'll make sure it's safe.
__________________
"Hard Work Often Pays Off After Time, but Laziness Always Pays Off Now."

Big Apple Tag-o-Rama Maps: Click Here!
wiseblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 06:20 PM   #1162
CosentinoEngineering
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: NYC
Oddometer: 183
>>More than just weather! If the bike was inside all night, then weather doesn't matter so much.

It's been outside for a few days and starts up pretty easily in the morning with no choke.
__________________
Chris
moto2-usa.blogspot.com
Check out my products 10% off for ADV rider members
CosentinoEngineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 06:15 PM   #1163
sakurama OP
on an endless build
 
sakurama's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: NYC & PDX
Oddometer: 1,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by rattis View Post
Having read all the G-spot stuff I thought I'd check out what happened in theNeighbours garage and happened to read through this thread.
I wrote that you should get a real bike aka a BMW instead of fooling around with this Austrian hobby bike. It turned out to be the other way around....
Your thread is toxic and contagious, I have caught the orange sickness and since then bought 2 KTM bikes, one 990 adv and one 950 SE, I still have the BMW and I will keep it as well
I now have the best of what Teutonic ingenuity can produce.
The BMW and the 950 reside in jolly olde Sweden where I reside and the 990 ADV is in Mexico awaiting my arrival for a continued trip to TdF.
Methinks that your KTM has reached to the top of the evolutional mountain.
It has been fun to read and follow.
Hadn't I squandered so much money on MC s I could have had at a six wheel drive by now.
Thanks for letting us share, so far so much fun.
That is some funny stuff. Welcome to the rowdy side. I still have a BMW and I love the brand deeply but there's just something about the KTM that is truly intoxicating. The sound, the power, the hooliganism that they promote. Yes, unless I can get Chris to CNC some 1100cc cylinders there's not much more to do - but ride it! Yeah. Finally!

Gregor

PS Dear god Chris, please don't leave it outside. You have a miserable track record with things left in the lot. I do as well for that matter. Last time someone rammed a van through the locked gate, passed over a Ducati and a BMW and loaded my KTM 525 in and that was that. Maybe we can rent a drive in freezer?
sakurama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 07:40 AM   #1164
mookymoo
Mookish Mook
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Either UK or Australia ...
Oddometer: 4,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakurama View Post
Maybe we can rent a drive in freezer?
mookymoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 04:16 AM   #1165
Fast_Boy_Slim
Don't call me Wighty
 
Fast_Boy_Slim's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Isle of Wight, England
Oddometer: 3,046
HI Gregor,

You are probably aware, but your BMW is featured in a special BMW supplement in Bike magazine that just arrived this week in the UK.

I am going to write to them and suggest they do a feature on the 950 Refresh.

All the best

Pete
__________________
Go Jane Go

Quote:
Treat your throttle and brakes like a pair of b**bies! You go grabbing them hard and you're going to get slapped. You want to massage them nice and smooth. That way the bike will kiss you. Chris Carr
Fast_Boy_Slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 10:01 PM   #1166
sakurama OP
on an endless build
 
sakurama's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: NYC & PDX
Oddometer: 1,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Boy_Slim View Post
HI Gregor,

You are probably aware, but your BMW is featured in a special BMW supplement in Bike magazine that just arrived this week in the UK.

I am going to write to them and suggest they do a feature on the 950 Refresh.

All the best

Pete
Very cool. I hope it comes stateside. Not in the digital version.

Thanks. It would be fun to get some press on this bike.

Gregor
sakurama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 01:13 AM   #1167
Fast_Boy_Slim
Don't call me Wighty
 
Fast_Boy_Slim's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Isle of Wight, England
Oddometer: 3,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakurama View Post
Very cool. I hope it comes stateside. Not in the digital version.

Thanks. It would be fun to get some press on this bike.

Gregor
I can send you a copy if you want?

Cheers

Pete
__________________
Go Jane Go

Quote:
Treat your throttle and brakes like a pair of b**bies! You go grabbing them hard and you're going to get slapped. You want to massage them nice and smooth. That way the bike will kiss you. Chris Carr
Fast_Boy_Slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 04:45 PM   #1168
sakurama OP
on an endless build
 
sakurama's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: NYC & PDX
Oddometer: 1,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Boy_Slim View Post
I can send you a copy if you want?

Cheers

Pete
Pete it looks like we don't get the supplement here so PM me your Paypal info and I'll buy you a beer or two for your trouble!

Gregor
sakurama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 12:14 PM   #1169
Fast_Boy_Slim
Don't call me Wighty
 
Fast_Boy_Slim's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Isle of Wight, England
Oddometer: 3,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakurama View Post
Pete it looks like we don't get the supplement here so PM me your Paypal info and I'll buy you a beer or two for your trouble!

Gregor
Thats a kind thought Gregor, but I won't take anything for it. After what you have given everybody here with this thread its the least I could do.

Pete
__________________
Go Jane Go

Quote:
Treat your throttle and brakes like a pair of b**bies! You go grabbing them hard and you're going to get slapped. You want to massage them nice and smooth. That way the bike will kiss you. Chris Carr
Fast_Boy_Slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:53 PM   #1170
salvadorfrieri
Gnarly Adventurer
 
salvadorfrieri's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Bogotá, Colombia
Oddometer: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Boy_Slim View Post
Thats a kind thought Gregor, but I won't take anything for it. After what you have given everybody here with this thread its the least I could do.

Pete
salvadorfrieri is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014