ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts > Land of the Rising Sun: ADV Bikes from Japan
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2009, 08:57 PM   #16
bretoneer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 156
DL fork tubes

Yes, they both use Showa 43mm forks, however the DL650, as you have seen in this thread, uses a damper rod for spring damping, whereas the DL1000 uses cartridge style valves that are adjustable. The DR650 uses the same fork tube setup as the DL650, except for tube length. One ADVer has replaced his stock DL tubes with stock DR tubes thereby increasing travel and ground clearance, along with a longer rear shock/spring package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 805gregg
Kind of off topic, but does anyone know if the DL1000 and DL650 have the same size forks?
Old 05-07-2009, 09:00 PM   #17
Night_Wolf
Leg Humper

Oddometer: 8,068
Before this gets punted to Vendors, can I ask what the discount is and will you ship to Canada via the US Post Office. Many here are not interested in dealing with FedX & UPS due to usurious brokerage fees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Brian
We would like to offer the same discount we did for the DR's to the V-Strom owners.

The discount is for the INTIMINATORS not the oil.

We ask that you write a review after installation if you take us up on this offer. In the review please use the correct product name "INTIMINATOR" and or Ricor. This helps the search engines locate the reviews. We are not making any money at this price so we really appreciate the cooperation.

The offer will need to end once a dealer picks up this model line.

Use coupon code "advrider" on check out.

Brian

P.S. I would like to personally thank Bill Eakins for his experience and all the effort he put into his review.

L 51.01.900 / L W 114.05.900

"That road less traveled is a toll road, and sometimes the charge is more expensive than we ever expected. Most of the time, it's a one way road. Make the decision, hope for the best, and start traveling. Carry lots of coins." PecosBill

Pick good friends and you'll never be lacking Family Me
Night_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 11:02 PM   #18
glitch_oz

Oddometer: 1,709
Quote:
We would like to offer the same discount we did for the DR's to the V-Strom owners.

We ask that you write a review after installation if you take us up on this offer. In the review please use the correct product name "INTIMINATOR" and or Ricor. This helps the search engines locate the reviews. We are not making any money at this price so we really appreciate the cooperation.

Brian

P.S. I would like to personally thank Bill Eakins for his experience and all the effort he put into his review.

Yup.... to Bill!!!
Got a set of Wilbers sitting here for the ThinStrom
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=251613
...and THAT would fit right in!!

Where to order/ how to order?
PayPal and shipping to AUS ok?
Check your pm's, mate

www.AusTouring.com
A Dozen Years Of Adventures
glitch_oz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 11:07 PM   #19
jlandry
figo enthusiast

Oddometer: 46
Thanks for the review, I'm toying with the idea of getting some of these for myself.

Quote:
You can’t remove the fender yet so don’t try. This is Suzuki’s puzzler moment. You need to remove one fork leg to get the fender out. Maybe someone has a trick I missed?
I've had the fender off my '06 Wee a few times and I've always just wiggled and pulled it off with both forks still on the bike. It's not the easiest, but it does come out.
jlandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 11:37 PM   #20
eakins OP
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 17,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlandry
Thanks for the review, I'm toying with the idea of getting some of these for myself.

I've had the fender off my '06 Wee a few times and I've always just wiggled and pulled it off with both forks still on the bike. It's not the easiest, but it does come out.

mmm, i tried that in the past and scratched the crap outta the fender.
they are scalloped where the fork legs meet so it wouldn't slide past and it couldn't raise it up to the narrow fork tube part, so i figured one legs needs to come off. anyway you made it happen.

you won't regret the intiminators!
i can be a skeptical guy & overtly opionated guy.
i read all the positive reports & can say first hand, they really are that good.
don't be that guy and miss the 50% off intro rate.
that is a huge deal Ricor is offering!
let us hear your report.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Butler Maps website:
http://www.butlermaps.com
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 02:39 AM   #21
Just Dan
Bugger, Burnt toast

Oddometer: 1,874
I wouldn't mind giving them a go as I have used racetech ones in my 05' strom and they where ok. Nothing to write home about. I had a look at the Ricor website to see how much it would cost to post to Australia. $91US or $130 AUS. I just about fell of my chair. You have to be joking. I just got a Scott Steering damper from the US for $23 US
Old bikers don't get old by accident.
Just Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 04:53 AM   #22
glitch_oz

Oddometer: 1,709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Dan
I wouldn't mind giving them a go as I have used racetech ones in my 05' strom and they where ok. Nothing to write home about. I had a look at the Ricor website to see how much it would cost to post to Australia. $91US or $130 AUS. I just about fell of my chair. You have to be joking. I just got a Scott Steering damper from the US for $23 US

Sad...
As if it makes a difference (apart from the actual postage) where the stuff goes, next suburb or around the globe...
And it's not that postage/ shipping is any more expensive than what's common in Europe/ Canada...both a breeze to deal with.

Posting something like (size/ weight) that via regular USPS shouldn't be more than 15-20 bux....and the actual cost isn't more than that, no idea where they get those figures from.

Mate just got a Harley Leather jacket through Ebay US...postage US$36 USPS.
Took 5 days from door to door.

www.AusTouring.com
A Dozen Years Of Adventures
glitch_oz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 06:35 AM   #23
Just Dan
Bugger, Burnt toast

Oddometer: 1,874
G'day Pete, a little off topic. Your old tank tag is never off my bike and is getting plenty of use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitch_oz
Sad...

Posting something like (size/ weight) that via regular USPS shouldn't be more than 15-20 bux....and the actual cost isn't more than that, no idea where they get those figures from.

I have to agree. USPS is at a reasonable price and offers a great service. 5 days from California to my place at the end of the world for my steering damper.
Old bikers don't get old by accident.
Just Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 08:37 AM   #24
jwdub
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 592
Dan,

Try giving Brian a call to see if they can reduce the shipping cost to the actual cost. Also, if you buy your oil locally, that should greatly reduce the size and weight of the pkg.
jwdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 11:08 AM   #25
Vegas Brian
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
International shipping rates

There is a glitch on the site with how it connects to USPS and UPS for international shipping costs. We will adjust it to actual cost + a small amount for shipping and handling, about $4.00. Your card will be authorized for the original amount but we will adjust that prior to actually charging your card. This is a real PITA and we are working on getting it fixed.

Brian

And what jwdub said. For international people try to get your oil locally, it costs more to ship than the oil cost itself. Be sure to use 5w.
Vegas Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 02:55 PM   #26
Jonnylotto
All out of care

Oddometer: 15,491
I was just about to order the gold cartridge emulators but decided these were priced right with the discount.

We'll see how they work for the vertically challenged BMI chartbusters.
Old 05-08-2009, 09:30 PM   #27
Night_Wolf
Leg Humper

Can someone mention what the discount is??? I must have missed it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnylotto
I was just about to order the gold cartridge emulators but decided these were priced right with the discount.

We'll see how they work for the vertically challenged BMI chartbusters.

"That road less traveled is a toll road, and sometimes the charge is more expensive than we ever expected. Most of the time, it's a one way road. Make the decision, hope for the best, and start traveling. Carry lots of coins." PecosBill

Old 05-08-2009, 10:11 PM   #28
Lil' Steve
PussyWagon™ Chauffer

Oddometer: 3,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_Wolf
Can someone mention what the discount is??? I must have missed it

50% off the retail price of $300. So $150 for a limited time, all that is asked is a written review of the product.
Lil' Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 07:00 AM   #29
BryanD
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
Quote:

Brian

Quote:
50% off the retail price of $300. So $150 for a limited time, all that is asked is a written review of the product.
OK, can't pass that up! product ordered :) I'll definitely write a review here and on at least one other forum once I've tried them.
Old 05-09-2009, 09:27 AM   #30
Night_Wolf
Leg Humper

OK that caught my attention. Now to find out if he'll ship via USPS to Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfr870