ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2009, 06:05 AM   #1
heliyardsale OP
Always looking for Dirt!

Oddometer: 396
CNY DS Ride #3 July 12 (Photos/Video Added pg 3)

Hello CNY riders, I have set a date for the next CNY DS ride, its going to be on July 12th. That should be plenty of time for everyone to recover before the Quarry Run. I'm working on routes right now, We have been working hard to connect a bunch of local Trail/road systems around CNY and clearing some old National and local enduro course routes to add to our DS rides. If you are interested in getting on our email ride notification list PM me your e-mail address and I'll add you to our list. All of our rides are free, and open to anyone with a DS or Adventure bike.

Keep an eye out for more details to follow...

Link to our ride report thread: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...=438907&page=5

Heli (Doc Mike)

heliyardsale screwed with this post 07-16-2009 at 01:36 PM
heliyardsale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 01:59 PM   #2
Trust
I'll fix that

Oddometer: 1,294
If you dont remember, sky, ground,sky,ground,sky, ground, treeeeeee! You passed out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkidMarx View Post
Herding drunk cats drunk. That takes it up a notch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post
YOOOOOOOOOLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Give me riding.
Trust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 08:03 AM   #3
heliyardsale OP
Always looking for Dirt!

Hello CNY DS ridersÖ Mark your calendars; July 12th (Sunday) is the 3rd installment of our CNY 2009 dual sport ride series. Round three is going to be a fun filled ride taking us through three counties with over 140 miles of off-road single and double track, seasonal/dirt roads and some abandoned railroad sections. We will have three hosts for this ride, each guiding us through three different segments of the ride. Iíll start off guiding through the first 3rd of the ride; Barry and Todd have agreed to guide the middle and final sections of the ride. You wonít be disappointed, this ride will take us through some of the nicest off road riding in CNY. We will have something for everyoneÖ Mild fire roads, old enduro course single track, Abandoned RR beds, pipe line runs and even some optional hero sections that will test your riding skills and keep your adrenaline pumping. As always plan on a full day of riding with stops for fuel, rest and food. Iíll be sending out a follow up email with meeting and ride specifics along with posts in the ADVrider East regional forum and the Thumpertalk DS/Adventure forum this coming weekend. This ride will be a nice warm up for the Quarry run coming up in August. Keep in mind if you are planning on riding with the CNY group this will most likely be our last CNY organized ride this Summer. As always our rides are free, and no AMA membership or club work is required.

You can check out our ride previous ride reports and photos located on ADVrider at the following link: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...=438907&page=5

Hope to see you soon,

Doc Mike

Heli (Doc Mike)
Old 06-30-2009, 09:10 AM   #4
dan46n2
Dirt-Deficiency

Oddometer: 111
I'll be making this one for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heliyardsale
Keep in mind if you are planning on riding with the CNY group this will most likely be our last CNY organized ride this Summer.
Oh dont say that- there's no reason to end it early!
dan46n2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 05:40 PM   #5
koyote
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 730
Where abouts is the ride located and is it KLR friendly.
koyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 12:11 PM   #6
heliyardsale OP
Always looking for Dirt!

The ride start location is Newfield, NY 14867 Start time 10am.... KLR and XRL friendly.... I'll post details and directions in this thread on July 4th. Hope you make it....

Heli (Doc Mike)
Old 07-01-2009, 01:46 PM   #7
5131dan
Adventurer

Oddometer: 80
Sound's like fun , I'll bring friends .
5131dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 03:28 PM   #8
koyote
Studly Adventurer

Anybody else from the north want to ride down? Only a short (2) hour ride.
Old 07-01-2009, 03:43 PM   #9
Trust
I'll fix that

Oddometer: 1,294
Uncertain, may have plans for that weekend....
If you dont remember, sky, ground,sky,ground,sky, ground, treeeeeee! You passed out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkidMarx View Post
Herding drunk cats drunk. That takes it up a notch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post
YOOOOOOOOOLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Give me riding.
Trust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 07:32 AM   #10
heliyardsale OP
Always looking for Dirt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust
Uncertain, may have plans for that weekend....
Hope you can make it, its going to be a great ride!

Heli

Heli (Doc Mike)
Old 07-02-2009, 08:35 AM   #11
Trail Ryder
Your Hero

Oddometer: 1,032
Bluhduh

Would love to come, by the day conflicts with the Southern Tier Enduro Rider's Barbwire Enduro.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:04 PM   #12
Droozy
TT Stooge # 9677

Oddometer: 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by koyote
Anybody else from the north want to ride down? Only a short (2) hour ride.
thinking about it.....or shall i say..... wanting the time off from work.....
Old 07-02-2009, 04:56 PM   #13
koyote
Studly Adventurer

Cool, just let me know! If I'm able to make it I will probably trailer down. That makes it an easier ride home if I'm whipped or in case of a mechanical.
Trailer's big enough for 2 or 3 bikes.
Old 07-03-2009, 07:50 PM   #14
heliyardsale OP
Always looking for Dirt!

Hello all,
Barry and myself worked hard this afternoon clearing some more trails for the ride on the 12th, it was muddy today in the section we cleared, the stream crossings where up and we spend a great deal of time with a chainsaw (lots of fallen trees and brush clearing equipment breaking trail on some very cool old logging roads that not seen use for years. I'll be post the ride details tomorrow here and via the ride email list. if the rain stops, next Sunday should be one heck of a great ride.... I look forward to seeing everyone next Sunday!!!!

Doc Mike (heli)

Heli (Doc Mike)
Old 07-04-2009, 03:41 PM   #15
heliyardsale OP
Always looking for Dirt!

Ride Details For The Cny July 12th Ride, Print This Post And Save!

Hello everyone,
Happy 4th of July! Here are ride details for the July 12th CNY DS ride. If you have any further questions drop me an email, PM or call me.

DATE/TIME: Sunday July 12th Start/arrive time is 10am will start will a short riders meeting and introductions. Plan accordingly, once we leave it will be hard to find us. We will leave at 10:30am sharp, so try not to be late!

START LOCATION: Doc Mikeís (heliyardsale) property. The address is 995 Van Kirk Rd., Newfield, NY. 14867. Iíll have a sign saying ďCNY DSĒ next to our mailbox. When you pull in take the left drive up the hill to the shop. I do have parking for those of you who are trucking/trailering your bike in for the ride. We will have plenty of riders to help you unload.

I have had a few riders ask about camping; unfortunately I have plans on Saturday so I canít personally host any camping at our start location this time around. For those of you looking for places to camp use your goggle fu, there are a ton of close camping locations and B&Bs some within a few miles of the start location.

RIDE DETAILS: Free and open to all DS/adventure riders. No AMA or club membership required. Try to arrive with enough gas to travel 20-30 miles before the first fueling stop. We will be starting out with a quick single-track section taking us to a friends MX track where you can take a few optional laps to get the blood flowing. From the MX track we will ride roughly 100-120 miles taking us through a mixture of off-road single/double track/seasonal/fire/logging riding conditions. We may have to connect using some paved roads but it will be minimal.

Myself and two other local CNY riders will guide this ride through three counties. Plan on bringing some water or sports drink to keep yourself hydrated during the ride. A hydration backpack is always a great investment for the DS rider, if you have one bring it. Also if your new to DS touring, pack at least a spare plug, and any special tools you think you might need for tightening your chain or any other minor issues should you run into problems on the ride. Donít forget rain gear if the weather looks questionable. Most of us pack stuff, but there is no guarantee someone else will have what you need, its better to be safe and bring your own stuff than be sad and sorry.

As far as bike ability, anything from a small 125cc DS to a big 990cc adventure bike with trials tires to full knobs should be able to make all sections of the ride with little difficulty. We have plenty of riders to help out if someone gets in over their head on the ride. Be sure your bike is street-plated, inspected, and bring copies of your reg/insurance cards just to be safe if 5.0 stops us along our route.

We will break for lunch/food/gas/rest somewhere along the ride, so bring so cash for food/drink/gas. If by some unforeseen chance the weather is extremely bad or North Korea decides to nuke us, and we have to cancel the ride, Iíll post a cancellation notice via email, on the Thumpertalk DS and Advrider NE regional forums no later than Saturday night by 10pm. If I donít post a cancellation, or sent you an email, the ride is a go.

Iíll probably bump both threads later in the week and send out a final reminder email on Friday next week. For now, enjoy the holiday, rest up, prep up your bikes and get ready for one heck of a fantastic ride in on the 12th. If you have any questions feel free to contact me. If possible, RSVP me a reply post to this thread or PM me if you plan on riding just so I can have a rough head count for the ride and coffee pot.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, drop me a call, email or PM on the threads. If not, I hope to see you all on the 12th

Best wishes,
Doc Mike

Heli (Doc Mike)