ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2009, 09:50 AM   #1
Oilhed OP
MarkF

Oddometer: 3,599
Laugh RI & eastern CT Tag-O-Rama

Photo Tag-O-Rama for the State of Rhode Island and Connecticut east of the Connecticut River.

Rules are easy...

1. Find the tag and reproduce the photo (as best as possible). Take the tag to a new location, get the photo and post it here. Give a few hints so the next person can figure out where the tag is located.Make the clues clear and easiiy understood.

2. Try to place the tags in interesting locations, maybe a bit of history that can be found down some nice twisties.

3. Tag must be: a) findable & b) not placed on a dirt road.
Maintained gravel is OK, but make sure to let folks know that gravel is required to get to your tag. We don't want to exclude those who don't like to get dirty.

4. The first person to post a found tag gets to place the next tag. If you get a tag, but somebody else posts their picture first, you lose.
One tag at a time. File photos are NOT permitted. You gotta ride to play this game.

5. You can steal a tag that has been posted if the new Tag has not been posted yet. Simply post your photo and the new Tag first. No hard feelings.

6. No whining There are plenty of folks here that will help you understand the rules

7. The holder of the tag determines if the tag has been duplicated and acknowledges it by posting on the thread. (Surrendering the Tag)

OK, lets get started!!!

new bike - BMW R1150GS
old bikes - Ducati ST3 (RIP), BMW R1100R, R75 & R65, Suzuki Bandit 600, Guzzi V65SP, Kawi KLR600, etc.
Oilhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 09:53 AM   #2
Oilhed OP
MarkF

OK, what's with the new rule?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilhed
5. You can steal a tag that has been posted if the new Tag has not been posted yet. Simply post your photo and the new Tag first. No hard feelings.
We all know there are legit reasons that may delay the posting of the new tag. But, how many times has the weather been great and the tag has been gotten but the new tag has yet to be posted. There is no cash prize, it's all about riding and having fun doing it. So, there will always be a reason to ride on this thread.

new bike - BMW R1150GS
old bikes - Ducati ST3 (RIP), BMW R1100R, R75 & R65, Suzuki Bandit 600, Guzzi V65SP, Kawi KLR600, etc.
Old 05-08-2009, 09:58 AM   #3
Oilhed OP
MarkF

Here we go! This place is within 5 miles of the Connecticut River

Here is your clue. I hope it's easy.

new bike - BMW R1150GS

Oilhed screwed with this post 06-27-2009 at 08:24 AM
Old 05-08-2009, 10:52 AM   #4
akarob
Green Cantern

Oddometer: 7,329
Nice new thread! In my neck of the woods. Hope it gets some good tags!
akarob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 05:26 PM   #5
alcontrast
at least I'm trying

Oddometer: 1,538
this could work out well for me seeing as I live on the CT river but work in Cranston RI on a fairly regular basis.
alcontrast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 05:55 PM   #6
BuckRider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,542
I looked in East Haddam, but couldn't find it. I even tried to find the Captains house, but didn't see anything.

Any clues for the clueless?

Current Rides:
F650GS Dakar
400 EXC
BuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 07:05 PM   #7
HeyDoc
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 989
Thumb

Good job Oilhead. I like the RI/E Conn concept. Much less highway riding involved, to get nice tags, on this side of the river. You know you will be seeing my bikes in this thread!
HeyDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 05:14 AM   #8
Oilhed OP
MarkF

If you were to ride from the musical theatre built in 1877 and reopened in 1963 to the State Park which contains Chapman Falls which once powered "Beebe's Mills" you would ride right by this monument. Be observant because the overgrown shrubs block it until you are upon it.

new bike - BMW R1150GS

Oilhed screwed with this post 04-29-2010 at 06:44 PM
Old 05-10-2009, 07:10 AM   #9
BuckRider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilhed
If you were to ride from the musical theatre built in 1877 and reopened in 1963 to the State Park which contains Chapman Falls which once powered "Beebe's Mills" you would ride right by this monument. Be observant because the overground shrubs block it until you are upon it.
Darn - I probably drove right by it. I was trying to match your shot with my own Ducati, however I may need to deploy the GS with a machette for this one!

Current Rides:
F650GS Dakar
400 EXC
BuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 03:39 AM   #10
Oilhed OP
MarkF

Come on, I hope I didn't make it too hard. Please don't let my baby die a quick death.

new bike - BMW R1150GS
Old 05-12-2009, 12:55 PM   #11
Capt. REDBEARD
TWECO

Oddometer: 1,074
thanks for the effort

I am riding to work on friday (from RI to Old Saybrook CT) and I will get the tag then........ otherwise if you don't want to wait it is time for a new tag. I actually just put an offer on a house on tater hill - which is right next to the falls!

I am glad you started this thread, I have been wondering when someone was going to step up and make it happen. Cheers mate and to show how much I appreciate it, I wont let it die........ even if it comes down to just the two of us playing.

on a side note I was wondering if anyone wants to accompany a noob on his maiden voyage on a section of the P-loop this sat morning........ if so shoot me a pm and lets not hijack this fledgling thread.
Capt. REDBEARD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 04:05 PM   #12
akarob
Green Cantern

Oddometer: 7,329
It took me a while but I think I got it almost perfect !

ok so it's not a "REAL" tag ... my bike is in shambles right now.

real pic \/ \/ \/

akarob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 04:49 PM   #13
HeyDoc
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 989
Nice tag akarob!!?? When I saw your name up there I thought, holy @#$%, he got that bike back together fast!! I may have time to get out there Weds afternoon, we'll see. BTW any further hints..... like a road name?? I know thats asking for spoon feeding, but I know where the falls are, and I have never seen this monument!

HeyDoc screwed with this post 05-12-2009 at 07:35 PM
HeyDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 07:13 AM   #14
Oilhed OP
MarkF

OK, a few kinda know where it is, one guy without a bike knows where it is but in the interest of gettting this thing moving before the weekend here is an image of my hint...

new bike - BMW R1150GS

Oilhed screwed with this post 06-27-2009 at 08:25 AM
Old 05-13-2009, 02:40 PM   #15
alcontrast
at least I'm trying

Oddometer: 1,538
almost rode by it..

in fact I've ridden by it (and driven) many times and never noticed it.

the new tag:

It isn't very imaginative as it's pretty much the end of the route on the map above but it's a nice road! I'll move it further east next time I get the tag!
alcontrast is offline   Reply With Quote