ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-01-2009, 04:48 PM   #91
green08
GreenKLR08
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Oddometer: 46
we now are only riding Friday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by green08
Thursday and Friday( the 7th and 8th of June) My friend and I are going to ride( dual sport ride we do a lot of gravel), we have not yet decided where. we may even do a one night camp out where ever we go( we have no plans at this time but keep it in mind) we are open to suggestions for ride areas. We have been to huckleman, elk lake,snow peak,huckleberry flats ohv, smith river area and falls city area this riding season so far. A new area to explore would be great.
green08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:31 AM   #92
dasvis
Studly Adventurer
 
dasvis's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Oregon
Oddometer: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by green08
Thursday and Friday( the 7th and 8th of June) My friend and I are going to ride( dual sport ride we do a lot of gravel), we have not yet decided where. we may even do a one night camp out where ever we go( we have no plans at this time but keep it in mind) we are open to suggestions for ride areas. We have been to huckleman, elk lake,snow peak,huckleberry flats ohv, smith river area and falls city area this riding season so far. A new area to explore would be great.
Attempted to do a Falls city to Dallas backroad route last Saturday as we used to do back in the day on dirt bikes (in the late 1980's). The road is now gated about 5 miles up from Falls city... sigh.. At least it was a nice day for a ride.
Would love to make a ride to the coast via the backroads from Valsetz.. or at least make an attempt. Has anyone here done it?
dasvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:08 AM   #93
Dakar-Dave
Beastly Adventurer
 
Dakar-Dave's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2001
Location: Salem Oregon
Oddometer: 1,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasvis
Would love to make a ride to the coast via the backroads from Valsetz.. or at least make an attempt. Has anyone here done it?
Done this ride many times from Falls City to the coast - I'm a bit worried now after reading that you found a closed gate.

DD
__________________
I'll Be The One Picking My Bike Up
Dakar-Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 02:24 PM   #94
Bigmak OP
Bornagin Realist
 
Bigmak's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Vaderson, Washingon
Oddometer: 17,089
Fri. lunch at Lucky Fortune anyone?

Or El Pyro, if you're not going to work that day, and DaDa can't get off, err, away, we could meet up in Albany. (2fers)

I'm all for a ride if I get the bike running
__________________
You're not ignorant, you just know so much that isn't true. RR

The Mak is right. There. I said it. I agreed with the Mak. Lobby
Bigmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 05:12 PM   #95
green08
GreenKLR08
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Oddometer: 46
you can make it to Valsetz but it all private road, 300.00 fine for ATVs and Motorcycles. We tried when we went to falls city.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasvis
Attempted to do a Falls city to Dallas backroad route last Saturday as we used to do back in the day on dirt bikes (in the late 1980's). The road is now gated about 5 miles up from Falls city... sigh.. At least it was a nice day for a ride.
Would love to make a ride to the coast via the backroads from Valsetz.. or at least make an attempt. Has anyone here done it?
green08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 05:18 PM   #96
green08
GreenKLR08
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Oddometer: 46
yeah we are intrested in meeting up with you, I have to check with my friend but I think he will be good to go. I live in albany and was planning a possible ride to Willamina. A guy in falls city siad there are lot of trials to ride. Keep in touch about the bike situation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmak
Fri. lunch at Lucky Fortune anyone?

Or El Pyro, if you're not going to work that day, and DaDa can't get off, err, away, we could meet up in Albany. (2fers)

I'm all for a ride if I get the bike running
green08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 06:47 PM   #97
Bigmak OP
Bornagin Realist
 
Bigmak's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Vaderson, Washingon
Oddometer: 17,089
I'm heading to Silverton tonight to hang with my son. I'll be lunching at Lucky Fortune on Lancaster/Salem Wed. at 11:30 on the way back. They have WIFI, so I might do some work there, if anyone shows up later.

gr8 (green08), I'll update you Thur on the bike condition, but wouldn't mind doing a 2fer (coupon) for lunch in Albany Fri.
__________________
You're not ignorant, you just know so much that isn't true. RR

The Mak is right. There. I said it. I agreed with the Mak. Lobby
Bigmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:38 PM   #98
Lovin' it Strom
Now low fat!
 
Lovin' it Strom's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Galactic sector zz9 plural z Alpha
Oddometer: 2,792
I'm off Friday...anything is game for me.
Lovin' it Strom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 10:27 AM   #99
Bigmak OP
Bornagin Realist
 
Bigmak's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Vaderson, Washingon
Oddometer: 17,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovin' it Strom
I'm off Friday...anything is game for me.
The bike held 4k revs for over 2 min. last night It just took injector cleaner a little longer to work this year. I'll test ride later today.
Let's do an Albany meet-up Fri for lunch, and then decide the loop.

gr8?
__________________
You're not ignorant, you just know so much that isn't true. RR

The Mak is right. There. I said it. I agreed with the Mak. Lobby
Bigmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 10:53 AM   #100
Lovin' it Strom
Now low fat!
 
Lovin' it Strom's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Galactic sector zz9 plural z Alpha
Oddometer: 2,792
Cool. There aren't too many super fun roads close to Albany, but a few not-so-far-away.

Looking West, the coastal range; Kings Hwy, stuff around CV, or a coastal loop.

Looking East, the cascades; there are a couple loop options that take us either up the mountains and down to Eugene or up to Salem.

Lots of flat stuff up and down the valley north and south.

There is a Strom rider in Brownsville, let me PM him to see if he might want to join up.
Lovin' it Strom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 03:34 PM   #101
Bigmak OP
Bornagin Realist
 
Bigmak's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Vaderson, Washingon
Oddometer: 17,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovin' it Strom
Cool. There aren't too many super fun roads close to Albany, but a few not-so-far-away.

Looking West, the coastal range; Kings Hwy, stuff around CV, or a coastal loop.

Looking East, the cascades; there are a couple loop options that take us either up the mountains and down to Eugene or up to Salem.

Lots of flat stuff up and down the valley north and south.

There is a Strom rider in Brownsville, let me PM him to see if he might want to join up.
I think I passed you on I-5 at 12:45 at Talbot Rd. today.
If time allows Fri., I wouldn't mind going up the Mackenzie (126). Finn Rock store was for sale last year, want to see it's status.

If your Brownsville friend can go, and my bike seems solid, I wouldn't mind heading out of Holly and take logging roads to Finn Rock, it's been years.
__________________
You're not ignorant, you just know so much that isn't true. RR

The Mak is right. There. I said it. I agreed with the Mak. Lobby

Bigmak screwed with this post 06-03-2009 at 04:52 PM
Bigmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 09:07 PM   #102
green08
GreenKLR08
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Oddometer: 46
My friend wants to get an early start on riding. we usally riding to a coffee shop for a scone around 9:00 AMish. We have not discussed a time as of yet. I will post a time and place when I have one.
green08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:14 AM   #103
Lovin' it Strom
Now low fat!
 
Lovin' it Strom's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Galactic sector zz9 plural z Alpha
Oddometer: 2,792
Where is this 2fer coupon for? What time do you want to meet up?

I have no off pavement experience yet, so as long as your willing to take your time in the loose stuff, and give me room I'm game. What condition are the roads?

I'll have to take off my fancy bags....
Lovin' it Strom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:51 AM   #104
Lovin' it Strom
Now low fat!
 
Lovin' it Strom's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Galactic sector zz9 plural z Alpha
Oddometer: 2,792
Holy damn!

I got outdone on the girls on V-Stroms...OOOO

This gorgeous lady took this shot and posted in Stromtroopers for her hubby's 40th B-day.

Luck bastage...

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/OWNER%7E1.ELB/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG]
Attached Images
 
Lovin' it Strom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 04:29 AM   #105
Edgy Drifter
Err...what?
 
Edgy Drifter's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Salem OR...It rains ALOT
Oddometer: 220
I have Friday off too, so if a ride actually happens...I'm in
__________________
“The Universe does not bend itself to our ignorance.”

09 F800GS
13 500 exec
Edgy Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014