ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-28-2012, 04:50 PM   #2566
newcastleadam
Artful Tagger
 
newcastleadam's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Gainesville, Fl
Oddometer: 3,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by r_bin View Post
Brings this to mind...

Hahahahaha!

Did it at least work?
__________________
Adam
86 KLR250 01 KLR685 06 K1200LT
As ever, buyer and seller of all things KLR
KLR Doohickey Wrench available!
The North Florida Tag-O-Rama wants YOU!
newcastleadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 05:04 PM   #2567
Buzztail
NMBBMFBK
 
Buzztail's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: BUZZTOPIA
Oddometer: 10,811
Quote:
Originally Posted by newcastleadam View Post
Hahahahaha!

Did it at least work?
Till the shocks broke off
__________________
When there is no way out - Find a way further in.
DL650 DR350 MMS Edition KDX Past bikes ...and an airhead vvv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugwest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzztail
You shoulda told me to do this a long time ago
My bad
Buzztail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 05:28 PM   #2568
r_bin
Studly Adventurer
 
r_bin's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Pensacola
Oddometer: 682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzztail View Post
Till the shocks broke off
I have a vague recollection (really vague) that these factory bikes worked ok as long as your standards were low enough; and I don't think they'd make long moto's. Footpegs and other brackets tended to go before the rear suspension got snapped off.

Though for a 76 or 77 it does have a rear disc brake.
r_bin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 05:47 PM   #2569
newcastleadam
Artful Tagger
 
newcastleadam's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Gainesville, Fl
Oddometer: 3,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by r_bin View Post
I have a vague recollection (really vague) that these factory bikes worked ok as long as your standards were low enough; and I don't think they'd make long moto's. Footpegs and other brackets tended to go before the rear suspension got snapped off.

Though for a 76 or 77 it does have a rear disc brake.
Oh crap, that was factory?
__________________
Adam
86 KLR250 01 KLR685 06 K1200LT
As ever, buyer and seller of all things KLR
KLR Doohickey Wrench available!
The North Florida Tag-O-Rama wants YOU!
newcastleadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 06:07 PM   #2570
r_bin
Studly Adventurer
 
r_bin's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Pensacola
Oddometer: 682
I think I remember seeing a couple in the magazines. Seems hilarious when you think of what it would have raced against.

Maybe I'm wrong about the factory part, but I don't think so.
r_bin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 06:36 PM   #2571
newcastleadam
Artful Tagger
 
newcastleadam's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Gainesville, Fl
Oddometer: 3,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by r_bin View Post
I think I remember seeing a couple in the magazines. Seems hilarious when you think of what it would have raced against.

Maybe I'm wrong about the factory part, but I don't think so.
No, it was factory. Sent it to a friend, turns out he has one. According to him it was such a failure that if you bought a new HD then they threw one of the MX 250's for free only imported 80 to USA and now one of the most collectible.
__________________
Adam
86 KLR250 01 KLR685 06 K1200LT
As ever, buyer and seller of all things KLR
KLR Doohickey Wrench available!
The North Florida Tag-O-Rama wants YOU!
newcastleadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 10:39 AM   #2572
newcastleadam
Artful Tagger
 
newcastleadam's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Gainesville, Fl
Oddometer: 3,454
Honda XR 200 98-- great deal-- - $350 (southside)

__________________
Adam
86 KLR250 01 KLR685 06 K1200LT
As ever, buyer and seller of all things KLR
KLR Doohickey Wrench available!
The North Florida Tag-O-Rama wants YOU!
newcastleadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:03 AM   #2573
ineptizoid
Not Mission Capable
 
ineptizoid's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Underachievement Nexus of the Universe
Oddometer: 5,235
No mention of the mileage, but this XT350 looks like it's in great shape for $1100
http://pensacola.craigslist.org/mcy/3044182417.html
__________________
*FAIL*

Everything I really needed to know, I learned in Schneider School.

Official Organizer of the ADVrider Sandbox Hooligans Anti-FEE Movement

Quoth the Photojournalist: Am I gonna be the one that's gonna set them straight? Look at me--WRONG!
ineptizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:35 AM   #2574
Chicken Helmet
I'm A Stumper™
 
Chicken Helmet's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Jacksonville Fl
Oddometer: 4,757
I don't care if its a good deal or not, I love this DRZ.
http://ocala.craigslist.org/mcy/3044844341.html
__________________
1988 KLR 650 Bare frame,swing arm & title For Sale PM for Details 2009 KLR 650 1994 DR 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterWheel View Post
From what I've heard, riding a DR feels just like riding a KLR except you're head doesn't sway left and right constantly scanning the ditches for aluminum cans.
Chicken Helmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 01:09 PM   #2575
SkiFly01
Govna Racepipe
 
SkiFly01's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Gainesville, FL
Oddometer: 579
Ducati $25

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/mcy/3012816210.html

__________________
Kai
2008 BMW GSA
2000 Kawasaki Super Sherpa
SkiFly01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:30 PM   #2576
Buzztail
NMBBMFBK
 
Buzztail's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: BUZZTOPIA
Oddometer: 10,811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Helmet View Post
I don't care if its a good deal or not
As a KLR rider, are you allowed to say that?
__________________
When there is no way out - Find a way further in.
DL650 DR350 MMS Edition KDX Past bikes ...and an airhead vvv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugwest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzztail
You shoulda told me to do this a long time ago
My bad
Buzztail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:39 PM   #2577
Chicken Helmet
I'm A Stumper™
 
Chicken Helmet's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Jacksonville Fl
Oddometer: 4,757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzztail View Post
As a KLR rider, are you allowed to say that?
I can speak it but not act upon it.
__________________
1988 KLR 650 Bare frame,swing arm & title For Sale PM for Details 2009 KLR 650 1994 DR 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterWheel View Post
From what I've heard, riding a DR feels just like riding a KLR except you're head doesn't sway left and right constantly scanning the ditches for aluminum cans.
Chicken Helmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:40 PM   #2578
fatalerror
skrik vir niks
 
fatalerror's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: South West Florida, USA [formerly, South Africa]
Oddometer: 846
Kx 500

http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/mcy/3041610982.html


a very nice 100% restored 87 kx 500 dat needs nothing but a very good rider ,fires on the first kick if you know how to kick a 500 ,experienced rider not for the faint of heart.this bike rips the track up...if your looking at this you already no what this bike will do...$1700 firm no trades at all i have other bikes ...if interested call 863-259-4023 or text ..serious people only....call anytime price is negoticable....








fatalerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:58 PM   #2579
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer
 
Mambo Dave's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Pompano Beach, FL
Oddometer: 4,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatalerror View Post
http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/mcy/3041610982.html


a very nice 100% restored 87 kx 500 dat needs nothing but a very good rider ,fires on the first kick if you know how to kick a 500 ,experienced rider not for the faint of heart.this bike rips the track up...if your looking at this you already no what this bike will do...$1700 firm no trades at all i have other bikes ...if interested call 863-259-4023 or text ..serious people only....call anytime price is negoticable....







Think I'd rather buy this one if I had to spend that much money... maybe the older bike has something I'm not seeing that makes it worth the same as the 2003?

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/mcy/3040323400.html

2003 kx 500 2stroke good condition, one of a kind last year they made a 500, great woods bike, procircuit pipe over sized tank, renthal handle bars. call Andy 530-919-7949 $1500 or OBO



__________________
"After reading through this thread I've come to the conclusion
that more people cruise the internet looking for reasons why
X bike won't work in Y scenario rather than actually riding
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 05:47 PM   #2580
Chicken Helmet
I'm A Stumper™
 
Chicken Helmet's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Jacksonville Fl
Oddometer: 4,757
Must be the pink.
__________________
1988 KLR 650 Bare frame,swing arm & title For Sale PM for Details 2009 KLR 650 1994 DR 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterWheel View Post
From what I've heard, riding a DR feels just like riding a KLR except you're head doesn't sway left and right constantly scanning the ditches for aluminum cans.
Chicken Helmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014