ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-11-2012, 02:47 PM   #3151
newcastleadam
Artful Tagger
 
newcastleadam's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Gainesville, Fl
Oddometer: 3,455
That R100PD is pretty tempting, will forward it on to folks. Like "The mechanical condition of the bike is quite good, it does drip a bit of oil" comment.
__________________
Adam
86 KLR250 01 KLR685 06 K1200LT
As ever, buyer and seller of all things KLR
KLR Doohickey Wrench available!
The North Florida Tag-O-Rama wants YOU!
newcastleadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 03:26 PM   #3152
Buzztail
NMBBMFBK
 
Buzztail's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: BUZZTOPIA
Oddometer: 10,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by newcastleadam View Post
That R100PD is pretty tempting, will forward it on to folks. Like "The mechanical condition of the bike is quite good, it does drip a bit of oil" comment.
They all do that until Mugwest Motorsports very limited gets ahold of them
__________________
When there is no way out - Find a way further in.
DL650 DR350 MMS Edition KDX Past bikes ...and an airhead vvv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugwest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzztail
You shoulda told me to do this a long time ago
My bad
Buzztail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 03:32 PM   #3153
subagon
Hopelessly lost
 
subagon's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Antioch, FL
Oddometer: 568
It's not a bad price, but it looks a bit rough in some of the close ups.


Quote:
Originally Posted by newcastleadam View Post
That R100PD is pretty tempting, will forward it on to folks. Like "The mechanical condition of the bike is quite good, it does drip a bit of oil" comment.
__________________
Mike
Antioch, FL - Hopelessly lost, but making good time
Bike picts
subagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:31 PM   #3154
ineptizoid
they all do that
 
ineptizoid's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Underachievement Nexus of the Universe
Oddometer: 5,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by subagon View Post
It's not a bad price, but it looks a bit rough in some of the close ups.
Yes indeed, that bike looks like it's spent a lotta the past 24 yrs parked in the great outdoors. But the mileage ain't bad and the price is right...I'll prolly never own an airhead but if I was lookin for one, this is what I'd be lookin for, and that's the triple truth
__________________
*FAIL*

Everything I really needed to know, I learned in Schneider School.

Official Organizer of the ADVrider Sandbox Hooligans Anti-FEE Movement

Quoth the Photojournalist: Am I gonna be the one that's gonna set them straight? Look at me--WRONG!
ineptizoid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:35 PM   #3155
Buzztail
NMBBMFBK
 
Buzztail's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: BUZZTOPIA
Oddometer: 10,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by ineptizoid View Post
Yes indeed, that bike looks like it's spent a lotta the past 24 yrs parked in the great outdoors. But the mileage ain't bad and the price is right...I'll prolly never own an airhead but if I was lookin for one, this is what I'd be lookin for, and that's the triple truth
Yessir
__________________
When there is no way out - Find a way further in.
DL650 DR350 MMS Edition KDX Past bikes ...and an airhead vvv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugwest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzztail
You shoulda told me to do this a long time ago
My bad
Buzztail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:01 PM   #3156
ineptizoid
they all do that
 
ineptizoid's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Underachievement Nexus of the Universe
Oddometer: 5,264
'06 KLX250 with a full FMF system for $2600 OBO; this'd prolly be a helluva deal for 2 grand:
http://pensacola.craigslist.org/mcy/3240763372.html

14K on the odo might be a bit of a turn-off tho, especially if there are no maint. records
__________________
*FAIL*

Everything I really needed to know, I learned in Schneider School.

Official Organizer of the ADVrider Sandbox Hooligans Anti-FEE Movement

Quoth the Photojournalist: Am I gonna be the one that's gonna set them straight? Look at me--WRONG!
ineptizoid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:08 PM   #3157
Buzztail
NMBBMFBK
 
Buzztail's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: BUZZTOPIA
Oddometer: 10,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by ineptizoid View Post
'06 KLX250 with a full FMF system for $2600 OBO; this'd prolly be a helluva deal for 2 grand:
http://pensacola.craigslist.org/mcy/3240763372.html

14K on the odo might be a bit of a turn-off tho, especially if there are no maint. records
Hell I got 2k outta my '09

14k wouldn't scare me on that engine. top ends are cheap, and go to 351cc's
__________________
When there is no way out - Find a way further in.
DL650 DR350 MMS Edition KDX Past bikes ...and an airhead vvv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugwest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzztail
You shoulda told me to do this a long time ago
My bad
Buzztail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:50 PM   #3158
ElusivePedro
Layin' Low
 
ElusivePedro's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Fort Walton Beach, FL
Oddometer: 2,587
That Honda 70 may be mine if it isn't gone already...
__________________
Pete
Wet Compass & Depends
"Frank" - '89 XL600V Transalp
"Buttercup" - '04 AN250 Helix
ElusivePedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:55 PM   #3159
ElusivePedro
Layin' Low
 
ElusivePedro's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Fort Walton Beach, FL
Oddometer: 2,587
I'll check it. Sounds like a perfect marriage of pete and turkey trot...
__________________
Pete
Wet Compass & Depends
"Frank" - '89 XL600V Transalp
"Buttercup" - '04 AN250 Helix
ElusivePedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:00 AM   #3160
ineptizoid
they all do that
 
ineptizoid's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Underachievement Nexus of the Universe
Oddometer: 5,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzztail View Post
Hell I got 2k outta my '09

14k wouldn't scare me on that engine. top ends are cheap, and go to 351cc's
Hey if I was a man of yer means I'd have a KLX351

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElusivePedro View Post
That Honda 70 may be mine if it isn't gone already...
Go get it, Pete!
__________________
*FAIL*

Everything I really needed to know, I learned in Schneider School.

Official Organizer of the ADVrider Sandbox Hooligans Anti-FEE Movement

Quoth the Photojournalist: Am I gonna be the one that's gonna set them straight? Look at me--WRONG!
ineptizoid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:49 AM   #3161
Buzztail
NMBBMFBK
 
Buzztail's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: BUZZTOPIA
Oddometer: 10,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by ineptizoid View Post
Hey if I was a man of yer means I'd have a KLX351

If you were a man of my means you'd have to build a 351 kit with a file and a jagged rock


Go get it, Pete!
Yeah, Pete!! oh and DIBS!
__________________
When there is no way out - Find a way further in.
DL650 DR350 MMS Edition KDX Past bikes ...and an airhead vvv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugwest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzztail
You shoulda told me to do this a long time ago
My bad
Buzztail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:59 AM   #3162
ineptizoid
they all do that
 
ineptizoid's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Underachievement Nexus of the Universe
Oddometer: 5,264
Well yer doin better than me--I don't even have a file and a jagged rock
__________________
*FAIL*

Everything I really needed to know, I learned in Schneider School.

Official Organizer of the ADVrider Sandbox Hooligans Anti-FEE Movement

Quoth the Photojournalist: Am I gonna be the one that's gonna set them straight? Look at me--WRONG!
ineptizoid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:00 AM   #3163
Mugwest
.
 
Mugwest's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: 3rd Ring of Buzztopia
Oddometer: 5,803
Re: GS

1. It's not a Paris-Dakar. PD has a tubular roo-bar fairing and windshield. This is a standard R100GS. 1988 was the second sales year in the US for this bike.

2. This bike looks like it's been underwater. I've had to keep airheads (and now 1100GS) outside for years at the time and they simply don't look like this from mere exposure.

3. If it is indeed a runner, the price is still very good. It might need a strong cleanup spa-weekend and a critical shakedown, but if it runs, shifts, stops, and idles well there isn't much to worry over other than normal wear shit.

__________________
.
Mugwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:50 AM   #3164
ineptizoid
they all do that
 
ineptizoid's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Underachievement Nexus of the Universe
Oddometer: 5,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugwest View Post
Re: GS

1. It's not a Paris-Dakar. PD has a tubular roo-bar fairing and windshield. This is a standard R100GS. 1988 was the second sales year in the US for this bike.

2. This bike looks like it's been underwater. I've had to keep airheads (and now 1100GS) outside for years at the time and they simply don't look like this from mere exposure.

3. If it is indeed a runner, the price is still very good. It might need a strong cleanup spa-weekend and a critical shakedown, but if it runs, shifts, stops, and idles well there isn't much to worry over other than normal wear shit.

Well I'll be dipped. I'm ignorant enough about GS's to have believed that was a P-D. Furthermore you've convinced me that bike was submerged at some point. If I was in the market for an airhead tho, I'd be tempted to take my chances...
__________________
*FAIL*

Everything I really needed to know, I learned in Schneider School.

Official Organizer of the ADVrider Sandbox Hooligans Anti-FEE Movement

Quoth the Photojournalist: Am I gonna be the one that's gonna set them straight? Look at me--WRONG!
ineptizoid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:50 AM   #3165
newcastleadam
Artful Tagger
 
newcastleadam's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Gainesville, Fl
Oddometer: 3,455
Flood damage? :-)
__________________
Adam
86 KLR250 01 KLR685 06 K1200LT
As ever, buyer and seller of all things KLR
KLR Doohickey Wrench available!
The North Florida Tag-O-Rama wants YOU!
newcastleadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014