Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2013, 02:21 PM   #4816
brewmann
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by dav_dman View Post
650 is good price but i need one within 150miles of louisville. 550 is in great shape but is a whole different style than the 450/650 for some reason and my knees almost interfere with the handle bars. 550 is top notch tho..i'd rank 'em gpz550, nighthawk550, and cb550 (with a 650 cam dropped in)...in that order.
Oh. You know you're in the Florida sandbox, right ?
Old 10-17-2013, 02:36 PM   #4817
ElusivePedro
Layin' Low

Oddometer: 2,588
"Buttercup" - '04 AN250 Helix
ElusivePedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 04:35 PM   #4818
Chicken Helmet
I'm A Stumper™

Oddometer: 4,880
Brewmann, check the KY CL daily and PM him when you find what he wants please? After all we are the Burger King sandbox so have it your way is our motto.
From what I've heard, riding a DR feels just like riding a KLR except you're head doesn't sway left and right constantly scanning the ditches for aluminum cans.
Chicken Helmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 05:49 PM   #4819
Buzztail
NMBBMFBK

Oddometer: 10,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmann View Post
Oh. You know you're in the Florida sandbox, right ?

Originally Posted by Mugwest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzztail
You shoulda told me to do this a long time ago
My bad
Buzztail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 06:02 PM   #4820
dav_dman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 787
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzztail View Post

fkn A dude i thought i was on the craigslist find of the day thread the whole time. I was wondering why the fk you guys were messin with each other so much on the CL thread. After you said that i scrolled to the top an sho nuff, ima dumbass.

I dont even know how the hell i even got over here. I DO have a trailer in stpete, but i dont hangout at this thread cuz it pisses me off ya'll get to ride all year long while i'm choppin wood in the snow!

thanks for the Silver Alert (am 57), now I can find my way back home....sorry for the confusion guys.
Old 10-17-2013, 06:06 PM   #4821
Chicken Helmet
I'm A Stumper™

Oddometer: 4,880
Quote:
fkn A dude i thought i was on the craigslist find of the day thread the whole time. I was wondering why the fk you guys were messin with each other so much on the CL thread. After you said that i scrolled to the top an sho nuff, ima dumbass.

I dont even know how the hell i even got over here. I DO have a trailer in stpete, but i dont hangout at this thread cuz it pisses me off ya'll get to ride all year long while i'm choppin wood in the snow!

thanks for the Silver Alert (am 57), now I can find my way back home....sorry for the confusion guys.
From what I've heard, riding a DR feels just like riding a KLR except you're head doesn't sway left and right constantly scanning the ditches for aluminum cans.
Chicken Helmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 06:09 PM   #4822
sanjoh
Purveyor of Light

Oddometer: 4,846
Quote:
sorry for the confusion guys.
We are all about confusion or was that Confucius
sanjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 06:23 PM   #4823
waybill
cheap thrill

Oddometer: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjoh View Post
We are all about confusion or was that Confucius

1150Adv, 950Adv, 800GS, TR650, DR350
waybill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 07:02 PM   #4824
shocker4her
When I am King

Oddometer: 542
2006 ktm 525 sx

http://orlando.craigslist.org/mcy/4075857618.html
One BIG ASS Mistake America
shocker4her is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 07:10 PM   #4825
Sub Zero
Ice Breather!

Oddometer: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by shocker4her View Post

hey... that garage looks familiar.

its my buddys bike. he wrote the ad. hes kinda a wanker...

basically its a KLX250S and he bought a spare KLX300R motor and swapped the head completely. sadly, its only slightly faster then it was. noticeably, but not alot. i had it topped out at 88mph full throttle hunched over etc.
Sub Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 07:24 PM   #4826
GI_JO_NATHAN
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub Zero View Post
hey... that garage looks familiar.

its my buddys bike. he wrote the ad. hes kinda a wanker...

basically its a KLX250S and he bought a spare KLX300R motor and swapped the head completely. sadly, its only slightly faster then it was. noticeably, but not alot. i had it topped out at 88mph full throttle hunched over etc.
... The Katoom?
Originally Posted by POLLOCK28 (XDTALK.com)
From what I understand from frequenting various forums you are handling this critisim completely wrong. You are supposed to get bent out of shape and start turning towards personal attacks. Get with the program!
GI_JO_NATHAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 07:31 PM   #4827
Sub Zero
Ice Breather!

Oddometer: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by GI_JO_NATHAN View Post
... The Katoom?
katoom? that CBR600RR is for sale as well, also one of my buddys. thats his fucked up ZX14 behind the cbr as well. bad ECU and all other sorts of problems.
Sub Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 07:34 PM   #4828
GI_JO_NATHAN
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,235
Quote:
katoom? that CBR600RR is for sale as well, also one of my buddys. thats his fucked up ZX14 behind the cbr as well. bad ECU and all other sorts of problems.
Just trying to figure out what you're talking about. You quoted a post about a KTM, talking about it being a KLX...
Originally Posted by POLLOCK28 (XDTALK.com)
From what I understand from frequenting various forums you are handling this critisim completely wrong. You are supposed to get bent out of shape and start turning towards personal attacks. Get with the program!
GI_JO_NATHAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 07:47 PM   #4829
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer: 10,126
Quote:

Yabbut, how 'bout the Smokey & the Bandit Trans Am? Izzat for sale too?

He's got some of the basics down, but, in the end, that just has to create a bigger clusterfuck in that chinese fire drill of a cognitive thought he brought to the dog and pony show of his new found awareness. - Jack Goff
Dr.Z is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:42 PM   #4830
DunlopC
Canadian Import

Oddometer: 90
1997 Jeep Cherokee - $1750 (Enid, OK )

Read it and weep ...

"Here's the deal, kids:
This is a Jeep Cherokee. This is not a luxury SUV, or a maintenance-free disposable import. It has solid front axles, wind noise, and character. It's a Jeep. It rides like a Jeep. It drives like a Jeep. All of these are GOOD things.
It is not new, it is not pristine, it is used. This will be apparent in the pictures.

If you do not own a toolbox, have never changed your own oil, and are scared of firearms: THIS VEHICLE IS NOT FOR YOU.
If you have been posting on facebook all about how excited you are for pumpkin latte season: THIS VEHICLE IS NOT FOR YOU.
If you get offended easy and often, whine to your co-workers, and bitch a lot: THIS VEHICLE IS NOT FOR YOU.
If you feel you are owed anything in the world & have a bullshit job where you fail to produce: THIS VEHICLE IS NOT FOR YOU.
If you own a bieber album, white oakleys, affliction t-shirts, or those candy-assed stitched-pocket jeans: THIS VEHICLE IS NOT FOR YOU.
If you consider the 2nd Amendment an anachronistic relic and have never owned a firearm: THIS VEHICLE IS NOT FOR YOU.

If, however, you have BALLS OF STEEL and consider adverse weather an excuse to do stupid shit: THIS IS YOUR JEEP.
Do you laugh at danger, and tempt fate?
Have you ever uttered the words, "Hold my beer and watch this ..."?
While bored at work do you pick targets at random and think, "I could hit that from here with the .22 ..."?
Have any of your friends quit hanging out because you were too much fun?
Do you have the number of a friend with cash memorized for bail?
When you pass an abandoned flatbed farm truck along a fenceline do you consider taking on another project?
Is your ol' lady really sick of the random piles of parts, greasy footprints, and empty beer bottles in the garage?
-could you not care less?
Do you have Jalopnik saved on your laptop AND smartphone?
Do you own a service manual for every vehicle you ever owned?
Do you still miss your first ride?
Can you carry on a two hour conversation discussing tools, scars, and hi-lift jacks?
Remember when tool companies had the balls to put half-naked beauty queens on their calendars?
Do you consider the Prius an abominable affront to the Gods of displacement, torque, and All Mighty Internal Combustion?

If you answered in the affirmative to the preceding: THIS IS YOUR JEEP.

DETAILS:
-I am the second owner. First owner barely got it dirty and engaged the front axles once.
-I have remedied this excessive caretaking with muddy roads and a pile of fun.
-The motor uses a little oil. How much? I don't know, I'm not collecting statistical analysis points.
I check the oil, I fill the oil, I drive. Not enough to bother me.
-It leaks a little oil. How much? Not enough for me to care. It has 220,000 miles, Poindexter!
If you have a vehicle with 220K NOT leaking or burning oil, it's empty!
-Rear bumper has a big-ass crease in it. I dented it backing into a concrete pole. Sober.
We drove away giggling, for the record. Haven't fixed it.
-Driver's side door was caught by the wind, whipped forward, got into the LF quarter panel.
-Radiator has a small leak. Pinhole. I can replace the radiator or you can. Really doesn't matter
A new radiator and hoses will run $145. If you don't want to replace them I will.
Add $250 to the price of vehicle. This includes radiator, hoses, and labor (beer). A freaking bargain.
-The badass little 4.0L bullet-proof in-line six starts and runs like the proverbial champ.
-Tranny and 4WD operate perfectly
-Tires will need replaced in a couple thousand miles. I haven't upgraded because I had plans:
Had planned a small lift, upgrade to 17" Wrangler wheels, and more aggressive tires.
Life got in the way - it ain't happening.
-Zombie stickers on the right rear window stay. My daughter's idea, take it up with her.
-Flogging Molly sticker stays as well. They kick ass, so there.

QUESTIONS:
-Why are you selling?
I can't justify owning it anymore. Motorsickles, kiddos, work, travel, and beer have consumed my time and money.
Someone else needs to appreciate the Jeep for what it is: awesome mechanical artistry.

-What's wrong with it?
Radiator. Small oil leaks. Driver's side door cosmetic issues.
And it's pissed it has been neglected and parked. It needs rescued.

-Does the 4WD work?
Hell yes. Like a Dickensian Orphan.

-Will you sell me the [engine / tranny / rear door / axle / etc.]?
No. I'm not in the salvage business. Buy the Jeep. Love the Jeep. Give the Jeep a home.

-Will you take [insert ridiculously stupid low number here]?
No. If I wanted [ridiculously low number] I would have asked [ridiculously low number]
Want a cheap car? Get your kid that lowered tuner piece of shit honda project down the road.
I think I'm plenty cheap for this bad mofo.

-Why is it still stock?
Because I bought it for a daily driver with the intention of turning it into a project.
I haven't had the time to do so. So I am selling it.

-Can I put a 6" lift and giant tires on it?
I don't give a shit. But be sure to use quality components and for God's sake - get it aligned after a lift!

-Would this make a good car for my daughter?
Hell. Yes. Not only a good car, a learning experience. Introduction to vehicular maintenance.
Additionally, there isn't really enough room in the back for that little bastard she's dating to try anything.

-Can you deliver?
Within reason. I'd drive it a hundred miles or so. But really, you should come get it. Look it over. Have a beer. Etc.

-Will you take a check / cashier's check / Western Union Transfer / Nigerian Promissory Note?
Would you take a ball pein hammer to the forehead?
No. I'll take Cash. Period. Bring cash or don't show.

-Will you ship to -?
No. See above.

-No, really, all I have is [lowball dollar amount]?
That's great, I don't give a shit. Unicef ain't running this deal, and until they do I want $1750.
Why? Because I don't HAVE to sell this little beauty. Truth be known, I'd rather keep it.
But if it's going to a good home - I will sell. Unless you're an asshole - then no sale.

-Why are you such a dick?
Everything is relative; you should see my friends."

DunlopC is offline   Reply With Quote