ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2009, 12:17 PM   #16
The Walrus
Gone and back again.

Oddometer: 8,562
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiFastBadly
Hey Todd,
I'm moving to the Seattle area. I've had my house on the market for over a year and finally got rid of the dump. Still good riding, but a wee bit damper.

Regarding Harleys, yes I have one and yes I like it. Wouldn't say I have "loyalty" though, that word is reserved for my family, my friends, and the Green Bay Packers. I am not one of those "my bike rules, your bike sucks" types. Except for VStroms, they suck.

Wow, you took the right shoulder to avoid those cars? Yikes.
You're going to miss Mr. Sun in Seattle........you'll need to increase your caffeine titer to compensate but I predict that you'll need antidepressants within a year........when's the garage sale.....
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
The Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 01:33 PM   #17
SkiFastBadly OP
A beer? Yes, please

Oddometer: 1,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infidel
You're going to miss Mr. Sun in Seattle........you'll need to increase your caffeine titer to compensate but I predict that you'll need antidepressants within a year........when's the garage sale.....
On the other hand, I'll only be three miles from the Redhook Brewery...and bike shops are open on Sundays in WA.

2008 Buell Ulysses
2008 Triumph Scrambler
2004 HD Heritage Softail
SkiFastBadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 06:02 PM   #18
streetweapon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 161
[quote=pluric]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZFpIpaFMlc
quote]

thanks, i watched it 3 times and couldn't stop laughing. Ithink the guy in the back summed it up by repeatedly saying "what a fucking idiot".
streetweapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 09:21 AM   #19
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer: 15,532
Quote:
On the other hand, I'll only be three miles from the Redhook Brewery...and bike shops are open on Sundays in WA.
Oh yeah, that's the cure. A depressed soaking wet drunk telling
I remember when stories to an equally depressed bike salesman on Sunday.

We really will miss you. Kinda like Wyoming misses Infidel only we mean it.

How can you tell it's someone who has recently moved to the Seattle area....?

by the look on their face.
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 03:41 PM   #20
SkiFastBadly OP
A beer? Yes, please

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric
Oh yeah, that's the cure. A depressed soaking wet drunk telling
I remember when stories to an equally depressed bike salesman on Sunday.

We really will miss you. Kinda like Wyoming misses Infidel only we mean it.

How can you tell it's someone who has recently moved to the Seattle area....?

by the look on their face.
Hey, is that Steve Ballmer?

I don't know what the hell is up with East Canyon this year, I went out the dirt road from Jeremy about noon today and some kid in a Subaru had attempted to turn right onto the dirt from the road, biffed the turn, slid straight into the ditch. The rear wheels were off the ground and he was looking mighty unhappy. He asked me "What's the address here?"

I told him "East Canyon road and 65" but I thought "123 Dumbass street"

2008 Buell Ulysses
2008 Triumph Scrambler
2004 HD Heritage Softail
Old 05-18-2009, 06:59 AM   #21
ILuvUMan
Opinions Vary

Oddometer: 20,740
Quote:
I lived in Edmonds (just north of Seattle) right on Puget Sound for several years. Loved it. Yes it does rain (light drizzle is a better description) in the Winter, but winters aren't nearly as cold as Utah and Summers are sure a lot cooler.

No state income tax and the fish food places are the best. Sailing there is fantastic. San Juans Islands and up around Vancouver Islands etc. are spectacular, especially on a sailboat. Go to the sailboat docks and volunteer to crew. You'll learn a lot about sailing.

Vancouver Canada is just a hop skip and a jump away to the North and Portland and Vancouver Washington to the south. Which is a fun place to go visit. Lots of snow in the Mountains, but not the quality powder we get in Utah.

Lots of diversity in the population (different from Utah) and when the sun does come out, no prettier country.

Good luck.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:15 AM   #22
ILuvUMan
Opinions Vary

Oddometer: 20,740
Have ridden at least a dozen Harleys, going back into the 1970s. And I have at least 20 friends, I know who own Harleys. I've owned at least 20 bikes.

Had a Honda VTX1800C before my Strom. My VTX could eat Harleys up without even trying. I did have one Harley that "sort" of stayed up with me, but they guy had over $30K in his bike and had the stage 3 kit installed.

I must admit, my friends who own Harleys, have a bit of an "ego" problem, and they are always suspect of "other" bikes.

Personally, I was NEVER impressed with the Harleys I've driven. And the nickname HOG is well earned.

If I were to buy a Cruiser today, I'd buy the Yamaha Raider. You can pick one up for about $12k and they are REALLY a nice. Excellent suspension, yamaha technology on the technology and fast too. Watch out if you run into one of those 1900 ccs bad boys of fuel injected muscle and torque out the wazoo.

Old 05-18-2009, 07:43 PM   #23
SkiFastBadly OP
A beer? Yes, please

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvUMan
If I were to buy a Cruiser today, I'd buy the Yamaha Raider. You can pick one up for about $12k and they are REALLY a nice. Excellent suspension, yamaha technology on the technology and fast too. Watch out if you run into one of those 1900 ccs bad boys of fuel injected muscle and torque out the wazoo.
Are you shitting me? That bike's as ugly as my last 401K statement.

2008 Buell Ulysses
2008 Triumph Scrambler
2004 HD Heritage Softail