ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2009, 01:43 PM   #16
Springs
Shipping Wars

Oddometer: 2,270
New equipment available

It's a 25' Alum-line Gooseneck flatbed. I will be looking for some loads to haul back towards Seattle. Cars, equipment, freight, bikes, snowmachines whatever. If you have the need I can handle it for you!
Looking forward to seeing Colorado, never been there!
Trailer can handle around 14,000lbs

Finisher 2009 42nd running S.C.O.R.E Baja 1000, 313 X
Finisher's 2008 41st running S.C.O.R.E. Baja1000 202 X

http://www.snortnboarracing.com/

http://sidestandup.com/default.aspx

http://www.riderdown.org/forum/

RIP Jeff, and now Gary. I miss you both!

Springs screwed with this post 03-09-2010 at 10:38 PM
Springs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 10:32 AM   #17
Omi
0o0o0o

Oddometer: 4,141
Slide Show - 7PM "Central America Motorcycle Adventure"
02/18/2010
La Ruta Maya Central American Motorcycle Adventure
In 2009, part-time Seattle resident Greg Baumann rode his BMW F650 from California to Panama along with a few friends. Along the way, he was accused of spending more time taking photographs than twisting the throttle, but the result of that obsession was the creation of a 45 minute DVD chronicling the unforgettable experience. La Ruta Maya is a colorful and enticing slide show presentation of the landscapes, people, and wonders of Central America from a motorcyclists perspective. Ancient ruins, endless coastlines, volcanic summits, azure lakes, and picturesque villages will whet your appetite for an epic road trip. Come along for the ride on February 18, 2010...
About The Presenter...
Greg Baumann is an airline pilot by trade, but an adventure rider at heart. He rides in the dirt and on the street with equal enthusiasm. He has competed extensively in the past in motocross and offroad events. Among his achievements are winning the Team Trophy at the 1993 Tecate Enduro with eight-time enduro champion, Dick Burleson, and promoting the U.S. Grand Prix of Motocross at Glen Helen in the 1990's with five-time motocross world champion, Roger DeCoster. Refreshments will be served at 6:15, the show starts at 7PM, $10 per seat. Seating is limited so please call 206-527-5511 x13 to reserve your spot.
Omi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 08:14 PM   #18
Glaze
Sound Jumper

Oddometer: 224
Question

So I recently bought a 1978 BMW r100/7. I plan on doing a lot of the restoration/cafe mods myself but will need help with wiring and fine tuning. Does anyone know where I can get the bike all wired up. All the lights and gauges will already be installed. If possible I would like a more modern and more reliable wiring system.
I wouldn't mind taking it to a custome bike builder but im not sure they would have the knowledge for an old BMW.
This is just a feeler post. Thanks Andy
Glaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 08:41 PM   #19
Head2Wind
MotorcycleMayhem

Oddometer: 2,497
I can help you with wiring the bike. PM or email me and we can discuss the details.
Head2Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 09:33 PM   #20
Glaze
Sound Jumper

Oddometer: 224
Thanks Head2Wind it's going to be a few months but I will let you know when I am ready. Thanks Andy
Glaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 05:02 PM   #21
wachs
just passin' through

Oddometer: 4,768
Vancouver Motorcycle show

H.O. just pulled out in the latest Giant Loop Rally car for the border. He's meeting our first Canadian distributor

http://www.vancouvermotorcycleshow.ca/

Stop by the Overland Moto booth and say hello if anyone is up that direction.

www.motooverland.com

just got the latest in today -

http://www.altrider.com/product/cate...rch/hemisphere
wachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 02:29 PM   #22
Omi
0o0o0o

Oddometer: 4,141
Omi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 08:39 PM   #23
RedMenace
Adventure Sidecar

Oddometer: 5,207
Adventure Sidecar Classes 2010

Novice S/TEP classes for the 2010 season will be available through Hood River Community Education on the following dates:

May 14, 15 & 16

June 11, 12 & 13

August 27, 28 & 29

The registration fee is $260

Contact Hood River Community Education to sign up!

To register call Hood River Community Education (541) 386-2055

more info at adventuresidecar.com

RedMenace screwed with this post 01-22-2010 at 09:43 PM
RedMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 10:40 PM   #24
Springs
Shipping Wars

Next Trip happens in a few days

Heading to Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconson, Iowa and back! I am pretty full going out but may have some room coming back. Taking a Sprint ST and snow machine and CJ Jeep out, bringing back a 22' SEA RAY Ski Boat and trailer back.
If someone has a small bike or anything that I can fit let me know great rates!! I have a 3' X 5' open sapece on the way out would to keep it around 500lbs or less.

This is one Danno and I did today! Ran into a couple local ADV personalities as we were adjusting chains near Snag lake on the Snoqualime Pass route! You know you just can't hide out anymore!

Another happy Customer!!!! Cool old tractor, Eburgh to Camno Is.

Keep me in mind!!! Thanks

Springs screwed with this post 01-31-2010 at 01:52 PM
Old 02-02-2010, 07:55 PM   #25
PIAArider
not quite a adventurer

Oddometer: 28
PIAA Lighting Seminar

I will be giving a lighting seminar this Saturday at BMW of Western Oregon in Eugene at 10:30am for those of you who might be interested.
If you attend please introduce yourself so i can put a mug with the name
Hope to see some of you there.
Old 02-13-2010, 09:03 PM   #26
RedMenace
Adventure Sidecar

Oddometer: 5,207
I finally got the insurance application done! I should get the forms back tommorrow and be set up to rent sidecars for our mini-tours by next week!

The rigs will be the KLR 650 either with Sputnik or enduro style sidecars. I only have 3 available right now, but should be able to get one or two more should the need arise. Rental will be $200 for the duration of the mini tour. I will have more details up on adventuresidecar.com as soon as I can!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
Novice S/TEP classes for the 2010 season will be available through Hood River Community Education on the following dates:

May 14, 15 & 16

June 11, 12 & 13

August 27, 28 & 29

The registration fee is $260

Contact Hood River Community Education to sign up!

To register call Hood River Community Education (541) 386-2055

more info at adventuresidecar.com

Adventure Sidecar is pleased to offer the Sidecar Skills Mini Tour Package

July 16-18, 2010 Western Columbia River Gorge
Offered Through Hood River Community Education

July 16-18, 2010 Western Columbia River Gorge
or
September 17-19, 2010 Eastern Columbia River Gorge
Fee $550

Sidecars, lodging and meals are not included.
Bring your own sidecar or rent one of ours.
Sidecar rental rates and terms TBA

We will spend Friday evening in the classroom and Saturday morning driving around the cones, finishing after lunch then riding up in the mountains Saturday pm and out again riding the gorge and up in the mountains all day Sunday. This is a fantastic chance to hone your sidecar skills at the same time enjoying the driving and sightseeing opportunities the Columbia Gorge has to offer!

The Sidecar Skills mini tour is geared towards folks that already have some experience or training. We will brush up on technique and work towards perfection during the Advanced S/TEP class, then apply it during the rides. The routes will be a mixture of highway and secondary roads with some gravel and dirt roads as well.
Call Hood River Community Education to register: (541) 386-2055.
Go to our website for more details:
http://adventuresidecar.com/

RedMenace screwed with this post 03-04-2010 at 10:13 AM
RedMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 10:38 AM   #27
alainmax
ca vaut le detour !!

Oddometer: 610
get Bent exhaust repair. Top notch service

i got to give kudos ( hopefully this is in the right thread!) to Steve at GetBent in Portalnd, .
The guy was fantastic in service. Went there the first time to add a pipe to the beemer. He tended to my bike within seconds with great enthusiasm.
I was so pleased that I went back for a pipe fitting from the collector to the slip-on. Again, well received , prompt and perfectly pro job and extremely reasonable.
You can tell the guy is a biker and enjoys working on them.

i know where to go ( cars or MC)

check out the website ; http://getbentexhaust.com/

Oh and I have no affiliation whatsoever with Steve, just met him at the shop
Old 03-12-2010, 08:18 PM   #28
Springs
Shipping Wars

Snortn Boar Transport

Has received it's USDOT and MC numbers. Federal Authority to engage in Interstate Commerce. We are now fully insured for $1,000,000.00 General Liability and carry $100,000.00 in Cargo insurance!
I will be attending a Commercial Truck Driver Training School for the next 4 weeks to attain my Class A CDL.
We will be looking at transporting to Alaska and Canada as well as the Lower 48 states.
We are 100% legal and in full compliance with all Federal Laws!
This is not an easy feat and I am very proud to announce, it is now a reality for
Snortn Boar Transport!

I hope you will consider this for your next transport of a bike or car, boat or whatever it may be! I can make it happen for you!
Please feel free to call anytime for quote!
Thanks for your continued support!
Springer

Old 03-15-2010, 10:00 AM   #29
nw scout
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 717
Professional Photography Services

Hi all

I am a professional photographer based in the Portland area, and work on location both here, and around the country.

With the economy what it is my advertising work is super slow. I shoot mostly motor sports ad campaigns and sales are down big time so the ad budgets have been slashed.

To off set my advertising work I have started to shoot more local jobs. Weddings, kids, family portraits, small products, head shots for business cards, ect.

I also have just branched out into video and am offering those services as well.

Here is my info and a few samples of my work.

Advertising web site
www.schelskephotography.com

Local site for family and weddings
www.westlinnstudios.com

Video
http://schelske.smugmug.com/Other/Or...85441452_QovPU

Thanks for looking and feel free to contact me anytime with any questions you may have.

Dave
nw scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 01:56 PM   #30
fastcat
fastcat

Oddometer: 96
Seneca BearCat Lodge

Greetings from the BearCat Lodge in sunny Seneca, Oregon:

Well, spring has sprung! Looks like this year’s riding season will begin at least a month early. Most of the roads are open and I’ve already managed to log a couple thousand miles so far this year. If the warm-up continues to progress at this rate we’ll be in the woods in April.

Once again we thank all of you for visiting us—we thoroughly enjoyed the company and camaraderie we shared this past year with adventurers from near and far. Although the year was marred by the tragic loss of Big in August, our two new feline family members, Kitten and Mouse, have settled in and made themselves at home with Bob and Moxie. All four of them make us laugh every day and they’ll entertain you, too, when you visit! Many of you have already called for reservations this season, and we’re excited to introduce you to the new “kids” and show off what we got done over the winter. All the rest of you, to ensure that you’re not disappointed when you come through, call well in advance to help us plan for your arrival. If you’ve not yet visited, we invite you to add us to your plans this year.

We have a couple of changes to report here at the BCL. First, those who visited early last year will be pleased to see our new shop facility located at the north end of the building (across the drive from the mini-mart).

To keep you going we have put together an extensive tool collection, lift, tire machine, essential parts and great accessories. Sponsors are entitled to purchase any products we carry at cost + 10%, and we are proud to announce that we are now dealers for Klīm technical riding gear and GoPro wearable HD cameras. So, check out their exciting new products on their websites (www.klimusa.com & www.goprocamera.com) and let us know if we can order anything for you for spring delivery. We’ll be placing our parts and accessories orders in early April. Second, we’ve decided not to maintain a rental fleet, but I’ll have some of my own bikes available to ride so you can try out the cool new parts and accessories we’ve found. Third, the BearCat Lodge will be participating in this year’s Hell’s Canyon Rally as an event sponsor. We encourage all of you to join us there—June 11-14 in Baker City—it should be a blast! (www.hellscanyonrally.com)

As we noted last fall, many of our visitors from around the country and the world brought disturbing news about new back country closures or restrictions in Canada, California, Washington, Idaho and places farther afield. These increasingly restrictive policies are troubling to those of us who enjoy the freedom of our riding sport. As those of you who have visited know, we are fortunate here in eastern Oregon to have hundreds of miles of uncongested, wide-open roads and trails. Grant and Harney counties comprise a geographic area the size of Massachusetts, with nearly 7 million acres of public land and only about 15,000 residents. These rural counties recognize that motorcyclists boost the local economy, so they welcome our rallies, events and tourism. Although our presence is welcome now, it will be increasingly important as the area grows. Regional County, Forest Service and BLM roads, and long-used private byways cannot be closed unless they are “abandoned.” Since continuous use of these resources is essential to maintaining public access, let’s all do our part as often and well as possible!

We’re happily doing our part, too, here at the BearCat Lodge in the heart of the world’s best motorcycle riding! As adventure riders and outdoor enthusiasts ourselves, we enjoy the opportunity and responsibility of creating and maintaining an oasis for all who love exploring our beautiful wild country.

Carol and I are committed to creating a legacy that will enable your sons and daughters, and their sons and daughters, and the sons and daughters of motorcyclists everywhere to come experience eastern Oregon’s wonderful open spaces and the deep satisfaction and enjoyment adventure riding engenders. Since we don’t have any children or heirs to pass the Lodge on to, when we retire we will pass it on to an individual or group of individuals who share our vision and will maintain our legacy.

To that end, we invited a select group of special friends to join us—to help us create the haven the Lodge can become, to be our regular guests as it grows and matures, and to shape and share the wonders of this unique place. The response was wonderful, and we extend our heartfelt appreciation to the core group of riders who share our vision and became founding sponsors in 2009. Thank you! And please be sure to forward your 2010 sponsor candidates for consideration.

Due to the recession and still-sluggish economy, we’ve decided to extend last year’s sponsorship terms through the 2010 season with just one change—this year’s sponsors will receive an invitation to visit as our guests for just one week per year, not two. So, as before, those adventurers who would like to participate and are willing to donate $5,000 will receive a certificate of appreciation identifying you as a friend and supporter of the BearCat Lodge and inviting you to be our private guests in our upstairs residence for up to one week each riding season. Donations may be made in the form of a lump-sum $5,000 cash payment, or a $1,000 down payment with the balance plus 8% simple interest to be paid within one year, or trade. (If you have special skills such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical, landscaping, web design, etc., we would be willing to discuss labor in lieu of money. Materials in lieu of money would also be a possibility.) The participation of friends in our project will not only allow us to complete the renovation and rehabilitation of the Lodge, it will also give us an opportunity to identify kindred spirits we can pass the Lodge on to, knowing that our vision and legacy will continue and prosper into perpetuity.

Here’s wishing all of you grand new adventures and the best riding season ever!

Warmest Regards and Safe Journeys Always,

J.W., Carol and the Cats

Watch for our new website this spring with more pics and details. www.bearcatlodge.com

fastcat screwed with this post 03-22-2010 at 02:02 PM Reason: can't read hyperlinks
fastcat is offline   Reply With Quote