ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2011, 05:19 PM   #91
Rockcat
LDA

Oddometer: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konflict Motorsports View Post
Your web site has a problem...
Rockcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 06:38 AM   #92
BigDave75
Will Work for Food!

Oddometer: 1,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvadney View Post
Your web site has a problem...

D'oh!
Old 03-03-2011, 09:21 AM   #93
Konflict Motorsports
KM TUNER

Oddometer: 828
Yes, it is in the works of getting re-done... Email me with any questions. Alex@konflictmotorsports.com
Old 03-06-2011, 09:45 PM   #94
grinns
Semper Fi

Oddometer: 1,318
I can vouch Alex does awsome work. He has done two of my bikes.

grinns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 07:17 AM   #95
RedMenace
Adventure Sidecar

Oddometer: 5,224
Adventure Sidecar Classes & Tours 2011

New for 2011! *The Tipi Tour Package

Offered Through Hood River Community Education

barlowtrail

August 19~26, 2011 $2,600

Bring a passenger for $1,200.

Click here to sign up online or call Hood River Community Education (541)386 -2055

Sidecars are not included in the price for the Tipi Tour. Bring your own or rent one of ours.

The Tipi Tour includes an Advanced S/TEP class and a 7 day guided sidecar tour in the mountains and woods surrounding Hood River. Native American Tipi's will provide our base camp in the mountains during the week, while we explore the old Barlow Wagon Road on our sidecars, enjoying the beautiful forests, rivers and lakes on the slopes and surrounding foothills of Mt.Hood. These rides will cover some easy pavement and gravel as well as more technical dirt and sand trails. The tour includes some long days and some challenging roads. Previous sidecar experience is required. Drivers must have a valid motorcycle endorsement. Passengers may join the tour Saturday afternoon after the S/TEP class has been concluded.

details are posted on our Trips page

Novice S/TEP classes for the 2011 season will be available through Hood River Community Education on the following dates:

May 13, 14 & 15

June 17, 18 & 19

September 30, October 1 & 2

$265 -sidecars are provided at no extra charge for the Novice S/TEP classes.

Click here to sign up online or call Hood River Community Education (541)386 -2055

Prior motorcycle experience is not needed for the novice class. We will cover basic motorcycle operation as part of the class.

See our Training page for details.

Click here to see photos of previous S/TEP classes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sidecar Skills Mini Tours

offered through Hood River Community Education

Aug 5, 6 & 7, 2011

September 16, 17 & 18, 2011

$600

Bring a passenger for $125.

Sidecars are not included in the price for the Sidecar Skills Mini Tour. Bring your own or rent one of ours.

The Sidecar Skills Mini Tours consist of an Advanced S/TEP Class followed by a day and a half guided ride, tailored to the skill levels and the desires of the clients. The rides will include a mix of pavement, gravel and dirt in the scenic Columbia River Gorge

Prior Sidecar experience or a previous S/TEP class is recommended for the Sidecar Skills Mini Tour. Drivers must have a valid motorcycle endorsement. If you wish to bring a passenger, they may join us for the tour beginning Saturday afternoon after we have finished the S/TEP class.

MoodyRd

Creating opportunities for you to join in exploring the amazing diversity of life and land

in the Pacific Northwest.

Old 03-09-2011, 09:51 AM   #96
Omi
0o0o0o

Oddometer: 4,158
A new new motorcycle rental company is opening this spring in the Puget Sound area that I thought I would let you know about. They will feature a line of new BMW bikes including an F800GS and an R1200GS!

http://tourusa.us/
Omi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:57 AM   #97
Zombie_Stomp
Aspiring human

Oddometer: 2,231
A Go-Go Designs is now up and running at 5040 SE Milwaukie with a full lineup of textile fabrication, repair, and and modification equipment for working on riding gear and luggage, messenger bags and other personal luggage, full steel fabrication and coatings facilities for custom racks and accessories, and everything in-between. Doing some mechanical work but more focused on developing and building the machines for the sheetmetal and fiberglass work of custom motorcycle body parts; I am currently fabricating a reciprocating sandbag hammer and rough version of an english wheel for a steel cafe racer rear cowl, seat pan, and conical false gas tank extension hidden compartment for electronics. For the project hotline, PM me for the phone number. And to browse the handmade fashion acessories and luggage as it apears in my online store, go to http://www.etsy.com/shop/aGoGoDesigns .

This just in: Also in the works is a series of small, simple, zippered pouch bags I can make a lot of out of little material with a Japanese flag or other memorial screenprinted images on them to sell for the relief effort. Accepting donations of zippers and nylon or heavy canvas to construct these. This is my charitable donation plan of my time, labor, and materials for the people of Japan and the earthquake relief effort, which I still know little about other than that is is serious. These will be for sale soon... I hope to make 1000... sort of a paper crane effort... contact me if you want to help.

We'll see you soon with those projects.

And Road Rash, come get your damn tank bag, it's stinking up my studio and you won't answer my calls.

I do heavy-duty textile repair, upholstery, and design/manufacture bags.

Zombie_Stomp screwed with this post 03-12-2011 at 11:33 AM
Zombie_Stomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 12:07 PM   #98
wsdbikes
New Max is Mad

Oddometer: 1,281
Tunnel Rat needed - ducts

Tunnel Rat needed - ducts

I need someone to check and seal (if needed) the ducts under my house. Its a crawlspace not a basement or i would do it myself. I'm scared of dirt and spiders.

Had the ducts cleaned and I think they may have created a couple leaks. I believe it is all flex tube ducting.

Pm or email me.

Cash or barter or combo is fine with me. I have a couple things that someone might like to have.

I need to get this done ASAP.

thanks

"I only wish I had video running when WSD did a no footed can-can over some boulders on mainline....two feet of air easy..." -Abdelhub
Yeah, on the GS http://vimeo.com/3232838

Notable Past-'01 KLR 250, 95 R1100GS, 06 KTM 950 SM, 69 Bridgestone 90
wsdbikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 12:15 PM   #99
Zombie_Stomp
Aspiring human

THIS JUST IN:
www.a-go-go-designs.com
and
www.agogodesigns.etsy.com
are now up and running. We offer custom bag design, manufacturing, and heavy duty fabric and leather repair in Portland, Oregon at our shop in the Watershed industrial arts center at 5040 SE Milwaukie.

Recent achievements are the unveiling of a new line of messenger bags in two basic designs and four basic sizes, or scale the designs to your personal specifications, add, subtract, or design and edit your own features. Prices range from $125- $250 depending on size, style, and features. The three categories available are basic stock bags, ones customized and specially designed by myself, and bags to your own specs to be designed and built. A special request form with blueprints for doing so will soon be available on the new site.

Ideas and suggestions are always welcome as the product line evolves according to individual demands and refinements at the drawing board. The company is committed to constant evolution coupled with lifetime durability and style equally in mind.

We plan on releasing a line of panniers, tank, and tailbags suitable for both bicycle and motorcycle use. A wealth of innovations and customizable graphics, prints, colors, and closure options will be available at competitive, affordable prices. We barter with customers and do trades for assets, and are developing advertising agreements with individuals across the country. This will be a trade system based on referral sales made through business card distribution. Each sale originating from number-coded business cards distributed to loaner bag wearers will equate to a percentage of that sale going towards their bag ownership over a year or so. Payment plans will be made available. Eventually, we will have locations in Shreveport, LA and Chapel Hill, NC.

Things we're currently actively seeking to barter for:
-welding, mechanical, and metal working tools, machines, and parts.
-raw materials and parts from steel stock to truck tarp and cordura nylon to ball bearings and junk motorcycle frames: make us an offer!
-fixer-upper two-wheeled vehicles.
-Car seatbelts (especially 80's-90's GM), webbing, hardware, old backpacks and bags made with any of these materials.
-screenprinting equipment and supplies.

Finally, all our merchandise carries a lifetime guarantee with myself personally. I've dedicated my life to the custom crafting and repair of all durable goods. You will forever have credit with me for threadfastness and structural integrity of everything I make, which is rigorously tested. Fabric wear-through and normal wear and tear are of course negotiable and usually not covered. I want everyone to be more than satisfied with their stuff.

Upcoming merchandise in addition to the current line of silkscreened patches, bags, hats, belts, wallets, clothing, and custom metal fixtures and sculpture, are as follows:

Screenprinting Equipment:
-presses, exposure tables, modular spray booths,screen frame restretching service, custom screens and canvases of all shapes and sizes from reclaimed and new soft hardwoods.

Coffee Equimpent
:

custom lathe turned tampers from billet and cast aluminum, nylon, resin, hardwood, and seasoned cast iron
-cast aluminum dosers and coffe bean grinder hoppers from hand blown glass, cast aluminum, copper, brass, sheet aluminum and stainless steel
-custom steam pitchers, espresso machine bodies,naked portafilter modifications, and a line of espresso machines eventually. Food and boiler welder certifications are in the works now.
-custom coffee counter interior design from sculptural and structural mild steel, cast aluminum, brass, reclaimed automotive parts, brass, copper, leather, and stainless steel.

This company consists of many partners in areas ranging from IT and web development to landscaping, stone and tree work, to concrete, to industrial food processing equipment technicians and millwrights. I have a strong referrals network of highly specialized, educated, and self-taught professional artisans and engineers. Together, we are ready to coordinate any project utilizing any elements of the industrial arts and engineering. We look forward to working with you!

Joel C. Thomas
A Go-Go Designs
Attached Images

Zombie_Stomp screwed with this post 03-24-2011 at 06:44 PM
Old 04-06-2011, 01:41 PM   #100
Zombie_Stomp
Aspiring human

A-Go-Go Designs site and blog now up and running, under construction, but the blog posts are to die for...

http://www.a-go-go-designs.com
http://www.a-go-go-design.com
http://a-go-go-designs.com/wp/

Old 04-08-2011, 07:06 AM   #101
Sparrowhawkdesign
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 130
Thumb 29th BIGFOOT RENDEZVOUS

Thought I'd throw this in here. The BIGFOOT Sidecar Club is holding it's 29th annual BIGFOOT RENDEZVOUS in Midway BC July 7-10. It is located in some awesome riding country just on the border above Republic WA. The site is on the Kettle River with lots of room for the kids to run and swim if supervised. Includes camping, games/skill testing for brave sidecar pilots, Sat. dinner and prize presentations and 50/50 draw. Probably a lot of other stuff but as usual still working on the details. Everybody with an interest in sidecars is welcome. Don't care if you come in a mini van either. For now I can be PM'd for more info. or talk to me at Lake Chelan. Barry

My dog says I should mention that yours are welcome too.

General Manager, designer, installer, test rider, problem solver. Generally whatever needs doing.
37 YEARS PLAYING WITH SIDECARS

Myths and misinformation are more seductive than the truth.
Sparrowhawkdesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 02:18 AM   #102
Zombie_Stomp
Aspiring human

It's Here! a description of my new business, launched and still launching for opening product lines this spring!
-Messenger bags, personal acessories, standard and custom: out now and available for purchase at agogodesigns.etsy.com. Motorcycle & Bicycle luggage, racks, new lines out now and expanding.

-Custom screen prints and original screen printed art, motorcycle graphics, paint, and pinstriping, full screen printing equipment line.
Screen prints and services out now & standing ready. Equipment line coming soon!

-Coffee & Espresso accessories, equipment, countertops, fixtures, appliance and equipment repair. Services ready, equipment and acessories on the drawing board. I have 4 commercial espresso machines in que on the workbench at the time of this post: a Faema, Nuovo Simonelli, and two La Pavonis.

Check out more and a bio of me and company overview including mentions of my cross country journey from RDU to PDX as blogged here on ADV. Under heavy construction at this time, but chocked full of great info and entertaining reading material:

http://a-go-go-designs.com/

/SPAM

Zombie_Stomp screwed with this post 04-11-2011 at 02:25 AM
Old 05-12-2011, 10:09 PM   #103
Konflict Motorsports
KM TUNER

Oddometer: 828
Suspension Services

Konflict Motorsports & Suspension

*****Suspension Service Special*****

Konflict Motorsports is offering up yet another suspension service special. Most off-road bikes manufactures recommend having your suspension serviced every 60 hours. In today's economy, and most riders in general overlook having their suspension serviced, when in fact a lot of the harshness transmitted to the rider is in reality due to the breaking down of the fluid, bushings, or stiction of the seals. Over the past year doing suspension in the Pacific Northwest it has been alarming the number of bikes I have come across with a large amount of dirt, water, etc. in the fluid. This leads to the deterioration of bushings, which in turn leads to a harsh ride for the rider.
We are offering a special on services front and rear for $120.00 per end, brought to us off the bike. This price covers labor, and fluid only. Wear parts will be priced per bike.
Please contact Alex@konflictmotorsports.com to take advantage of our special.

www.konflictmotorsports.com
Old 05-14-2011, 04:08 PM   #104
Springs
Shipping Wars

Oddometer: 2,270
Snortn Boar Transport

The good guy special!

You pay me great money to move your stuff anywhere in the country and Canada! I'll do it and be a good guy about it!
Attached Images

Finisher 2009 42nd running S.C.O.R.E Baja 1000, 313 X
Finisher's 2008 41st running S.C.O.R.E. Baja1000 202 X

http://www.snortnboarracing.com/

http://sidestandup.com/default.aspx

http://www.riderdown.org/forum/

RIP Jeff, and now Gary. I miss you both!
Springs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 02:37 PM   #105
Beerslayer
Journeyman Bike Knocker

Oddometer: 3,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Springs View Post
The good guy special!

You pay me great money to move your stuff anywhere in the country and Canada! I'll do it and be a good guy about it!
How much to transport an M35a2 like in the picture from Ft Lewis to Portland???
Road Rash Riding Roatan
Beerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote