ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2009, 06:45 PM   #1
eap OP
El Adventurero Solitario

Oddometer: 3,231
Cass Mountain Rally-2009

Anyone going to Cass Mountain Rally ?
May 22, 23, & 24, 2009 ( Fri, Sat, and Sun )
Boyer Station Campground

http://mountaineerbmw.org/cass2009.html

I thought I'd try out this rally, hearing it is laid back and all - I'll be on my Silver GS, with big yellow LightForce lights and a few dents here and there...See ya there??
"Over the Mountains Of the Moon, Down the Valley of the Shadow, Ride, boldly ride," -From 'Eldorado', Edgar Allen Poe (1849) http://www.eapoe.org/works/poems/eldrdoa.htm
eap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 12:27 PM   #2
freaking RT
will golf for food

Oddometer: 30,750
great place for a rally

Ed!!!
IBA#10787

“We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution.”
– Abraham Lincoln

"Fathom the odd hypocrisy that Obama wants every citizen to prove they are insured, but people don't have to prove they are citizens".
-Anonymous

WV VA Good Eats Map
freaking RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 07:23 PM   #3
Pomo
gonzo

Oddometer: 608
They'll practically be pitching tents in my backyard.

Too late to register? Maybe I'll just stop by and say hi on Saturday.

"It's supposed to be a challenge, that's why they call it a shortcut. If it was easy it would just be the way." ~ Rubin, Road Trip

Pomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 04:21 AM   #4
RocketMan
Out Rocketing

Oddometer: 646
I'm heading down Friday early AM for the weekend just get away from madness of the rolling noise machines on 95, I can hear that from the house, gets old...besides who can pass up a reason to head to that part of WV for the weekend? (not that I Need an excuse!) I've never pre-registered for this, I just get there early and pay up, set up and relax..

RM
"Live life to the fullest, cause buddy, once you're dead life ain't worth living" Nat King Cole
"Never trust a user with your television overnight,
Don't try to paint your masterpiece by artificial light." - The Pretenders
Always DSTDJR-----Don't Sweat The Details---Just Ride!!!
RocketMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 07:14 AM   #5
eap OP
El Adventurero Solitario

Quote:
Originally Posted by freaking RT
great place for a rally

Ed!!!
Yo Freaky - hope to see you sometime, someplace, some twisty road....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomo
They'll practically be pitching tents in my backyard.

Too late to register? Maybe I'll just stop by and say hi on Saturday.
I plan to register at the door, ... hope to see ya
"Over the Mountains Of the Moon, Down the Valley of the Shadow, Ride, boldly ride," -From 'Eldorado', Edgar Allen Poe (1849) http://www.eapoe.org/works/poems/eldrdoa.htm
Old 05-18-2009, 07:17 AM   #6
eap OP
El Adventurero Solitario

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMan
I'm heading down Friday early AM for the weekend just get away from madness of the rolling noise machines on 95, I can hear that from the house, gets old...besides who can pass up a reason to head to that part of WV for the weekend? (not that I Need an excuse!) I've never pre-registered for this, I just get there early and pay up, set up and relax..

RM
Howdy RM I'm heading out Friday earlish - hope to see you ...lemme know if you want to rendevous, say Winchester or Fort Valley area or sumthin....
Old 05-18-2009, 12:01 PM   #7
RocketMan
Out Rocketing

Quote:
Originally Posted by eap
Howdy RM I'm heading out Friday earlish - hope to see you ...lemme know if you want to rendevous, say Winchester or Fort Valley area or sumthin....
Hey Eap, thought that might be the same Eap I know (still kinda new here, post wise)

I was gonna take Rt. 55 most of the way down, hoping to be passing thru Front Royal around 8-8:30, on Friday, if you wanted to meet there. There is a gas station at the intersection of 522 as you come south and 55 on the northeast corner around 8:30, its just north of Front Royal between the two rivers.
I'm planning on staying on the Old Road 55 most of the way as I'll be on the airhead and she don't much care for the New&Ugly section of 55. its slower by nicer that that section of slab.

RM
"Live life to the fullest, cause buddy, once you're dead life ain't worth living" Nat King Cole
Old 05-19-2009, 07:47 PM   #8
eap OP
El Adventurero Solitario

Quote:
Hey Eap, thought that might be the same Eap I know (still kinda new here, post wise)

I was gonna take Rt. 55 most of the way down, hoping to be passing thru Front Royal around 8-8:30, on Friday, if you wanted to meet there. There is a gas station at the intersection of 522 as you come south and 55 on the northeast corner around 8:30, its just north of Front Royal between the two rivers.
I'm planning on staying on the Old Road 55 most of the way as I'll be on the airhead and she don't much care for the New&Ugly section of 55. its slower by nicer that that section of slab.

RM
Hmmm - Damn, you're an early riser, I'll have to think about that. I'll likely follow a similiar route but the fastest route from Gaithersburg to Front Royal will take at least 90 minutes, assuming I leave around 5:30-6am and miss the traaffic... not sure I'm that reliable....definately got it in my radar...as a noncomittal maybe for now....
Old 05-20-2009, 03:44 AM   #9
Zrexrob
Fla Mountains...yep!

Oddometer: 1,714
The Cass area is such a fantastic area to ride in, great roads in every direction!

Seven deadly sins Seven ways to win Seven holy paths to hell And your trip begins...
Zrexrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 04:26 AM   #10
RocketMan
Out Rocketing

Quote:
Originally Posted by eap
Hmmm - Damn, you're an early riser, I'll have to think about that. I'll likely follow a similiar route but the fastest route from Gaithersburg to Front Royal will take at least 90 minutes, assuming I leave around 5:30-6am and miss the traaffic... not sure I'm that reliable....definately got it in my radar...as a noncomittal maybe for now....
yeah takes about the same time for me to get Front Royal from woodbridge, but yeah I am an early riser.. best riding is done before noon before all the bozo's get on the roads..not that you fall into that group, mind you...

RM
Old 05-20-2009, 07:53 AM   #11
RocketMan
Out Rocketing

For anyone headed down there or if you're ever in the area, heres a nice loop along many of the interesting sites in the area. This came out of a planned ride to re-visit a place called Beartown consisting of a rather unsual rock formation. I may do this or part of it while down there this weekend. Its pretty long about 300 plus miles but you could just do parts of it too. It starts and ends at Boyer

View BearTown Loop from Boyer in a larger mapif the route doesn't show on the map click on the link provided to see it.

RM

RocketMan screwed with this post 05-20-2009 at 07:59 AM
Old 05-21-2009, 03:18 PM   #12
eap OP
El Adventurero Solitario

Quote:
yeah takes about the same time for me to get Front Royal from woodbridge, but yeah I am an early riser.. best riding is done before noon before all the bozo's get on the roads..not that you fall into that group, mind you...

RM
Hey RM - Plan modification - heading south to meet up with some Blue Ridge Beemers tonight and having a Appalachian trout lunch tomorrow in Monterrey - see you at Cass or ? . BTW - I like that southern part of Brown Bear loop.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:32 PM   #13
RocketMan
Out Rocketing

Quote:
Originally Posted by eap
Hey RM - Plan modification - heading south to meet up with some Blue Ridge Beemers tonight and having a Appalachian trout lunch tomorrow in Monterrey - see you at Cass or ? . BTW - I like that southern part of Brown Bear loop.
BearTown not brown bear! Ha Ha!

Well I've decided to take a more southern route, 211 to some smaller roads down to 33 and on to 250 then into Boyer, but I'll definitely going down.

See ya there

RM