User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2009, 12:30 PM   #1
Trophy1298 OP
Vicarious Cowboy

Oddometer: 5,505
Where did you ride in MS today?

Took a ride this morning and wanted to post up some of the pics. Figured it would be a good thread to get others to post up pics from their rides too.

So show where you rode today (or recently) so others in MS who have limited time to ride can see what all is in their backyard.

So here we go, one pic or 20, makes no matter.

Just give as much info about the pics as you want. If it is really interesting, tell us where it is.

Here we go...

Old Hwy 49 north of the Big Black river.

Trestle rd

Mississippi curves??

Tree tunnels

Johnson rd, I think

Oil City area
Go figure

It was a great ride this morning, left b4 7 and back b4 noon, covered about 200 miles. That is all.

Next?

Trophy1298 screwed with this post 06-19-2009 at 01:36 PM
Trophy1298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 03:55 PM   #2
carabnsol
should have been a cowboy

Oddometer: 2,015
I have ridden a lot of that same area but do not remember trestle road. Where is it located?
carabnsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 06:28 PM   #3
Trophy1298 OP
Vicarious Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by carabnsol
I have ridden a lot of that same area but do not remember trestle road. Where is it located?
It's about a mile and a half north of that bridge on old Hwy 49. Robinette rd goes east at the intersection and Trestle goes west. I think you posted pics of that bridge on Old 49 a few months back and that's how I knew about where it was. There are some great roads out that way, paved and unpaved.
Old 06-20-2009, 10:47 AM   #4
carabnsol

I did post a picture of that bridge. Thanks for the info, I will definitely find Trestle road my next venture in that direction.
Old 06-20-2009, 10:58 AM   #5
Trophy1298 OP
Vicarious Cowboy

Quote:
I did post a picture of that bridge. Thanks for the info, I will definitely find Trestle road my next venture in that direction.
I ran out of time (had to be back by 12) but there were several other roads in that general area worth riding.
Old 06-22-2009, 06:03 AM   #6
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,122
Both Friday night and Saturday night I went for a late afternoon, sunset cruise. Friday night I went to the Madison side of the Rez and cruised over to Renaissance and up and down Highland Colony Parkway. (It was kind of weird riding on the brick streets around Reconnaissance. I was idling through the main area in front of the Apple store, in second gear I think, and a 350lb woman aimlessly grazed right out in front of me. Locked up the back tire and stopped. She looked at me with the deer-in-the-headlights look, then glared and waddled on across.

Saturday night, I went scouting some local places I might stick a future tag. I rode down Flowood drive and was trying to avoid major highways and interstates. I headed over to Old 49 and went through the little aquaduct thing that goes under 80 and the train tracks. As I topped the hill, I saw a car stopped in the bottom. i was planning to stop and get a picture, but this other visitor spooked me a bit since I didn't know what he was doing. he slammed his door and sped past me. As I coasted to the botto of the aquaduct to cross the few inches of water in teh bottom. I saw waht he was doing. There I saw the remains of a large snake tht was black with bright orange rings around it. Probably 4 or 5 feet long and several inches around. Needless to say, I didn't stop to see if any of his relatives were down in the hole with me!

I ended up running all the way out to a friends house out west of Florence then returning up 469 and by the Central MS correctional place and on back home. Got to deal with my first tailgator on 469. it is a somewhat winding area and this teenager in his F150 decided it would be fun to ride right off my rear tire. I tapped my brakes and slowly slowed down and moved to outside of lane and as soon as we hit a straightaway, he flew past me.

Sorry I didn't get any pictures of any of this. I was too busy enjoying the ride!!
backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 05:32 PM   #7
carabnsol

Be careful with these idiots in cars. I was headed back to the office today from lunch on Lakeland Dr. As I pulled away from the light at airport road some a$$hole in a pickup came from airport road and crossed all three lanes of traffic forcing me against the curb and some intense braking. I managed to stop less than a foot from his left rear fender. In fact, I was up on the pegs and ready to bail with the horn blaring. He finally noticed me and gave a causal "every things ok" wave. He never once looked back as he crossed traffic. I also gave him a wave,a one fingered wave.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:25 AM   #8
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Be careful with these idiots in cars. I was headed back to the office today from lunch on Lakeland Dr. As I pulled away from the light at airport road some a$$hole in a pickup came from airport road and crossed all three lanes of traffic forcing me against the curb and some intense braking. I managed to stop less than a foot from his left rear fender. In fact, I was up on the pegs and ready to bail with the horn blaring. He finally noticed me and gave a causal "every things ok" wave. He never once looked back as he crossed traffic. I also gave him a wave,a one fingered wave.
Were you on a red KLR? I saw one near Dogwood going east on my way to DMV and then saw it again at Lakeland and Airport, going west on Lakeland. I might have almost been a witness to the above incident...
Old 06-23-2009, 10:54 AM   #9
1moregravelroad
d!rt n00b

Oddometer: 14
I need to get the pic I took last weekend near the top of Sardis Lake where its fed by the Tallahatchie.

In the meantime, here's a pic from Sardis Lake a few months ago when it was drained:
1moregravelroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 12:27 PM   #10
carabnsol

Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsKLR
Were you on a red KLR? I saw one near Dogwood going east on my way to DMV and then saw it again at Lakeland and Airport, going west on Lakeland. I might have almost been a witness to the above incident...
No, I was on a blue Kawi Versys and was heading east. I have calmed down a little but it still upsets me because this is not the first time something like this has happened to me. Usually some idiot on a cell phone and not watching where they are going. The guy yesterday just never even looked my direction. We as riders must pay extra attention. Every one be careful and enjoy the ride.
Old 06-23-2009, 12:33 PM   #11
carabnsol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1moregravelroad
I need to get the pic I took last weekend near the top of Sardis Lake where its fed by the Tallahatchie.

In the meantime, here's a pic from Sardis Lake a few months ago when it was drained:
I would like to see the pics. We recently did a little street riding in the area and would love to see more of what's available.
Old 06-23-2009, 07:37 PM   #12
acejones
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,639
Old Hwy 49 is rather vague. South Ms, Central MS. North MS ?
Old 06-23-2009, 07:58 PM   #13
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by acejones
Old Hwy 49 is rather vague. South Ms, Central MS. North MS ?

If you read the entire post, I bet you can figure it out...

(central)
Old 06-23-2009, 08:36 PM   #14
Trophy1298 OP
Vicarious Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsKLR
If you read the entire post, I bet you can figure it out...

(central)
Bet it was that technical terminology that threw him off... " and went through the little aquaduct thing" He didn't make it to the Hwy 80 part.
Old 06-24-2009, 04:24 AM   #15
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trophy1298
Bet it was that technical terminology that threw him off... " and went through the little aquaduct thing" He didn't make it to the Hwy 80 part.

I wanted to get a picture. It is an odd place, but the dude in the car and then the huge dead snake made me skip parking and walking around.