ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2009, 12:11 PM   #1
SRMN8R OP
Down & Out

Oddometer: 2,993
Central VA Mental Health Day

I need a mental health day to clear the cobwebs, so I've taken off tomorrow (Thursday 21 May).

I plan on leaving relatively early in the morning, and returning around 2:30 pm.

No real destiniation in mind at this time.

If interested, give me a shout!

- Jimmy
SRMN8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 03:07 PM   #2
Greenflyfarmer
I'm better now.

Oddometer: 1,768
Good for you brother. Wish I could but I can't.

Greenflyfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 03:49 PM   #3
SRMN8R OP
Down & Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenflyfarmer
Good for you brother. Wish I could but I can't.
Probably just as well. I may cross the line on that coveting thy neighbor's KTM...

Come on out on the 31st if you can.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=463739
Old 05-21-2009, 01:59 PM   #4
SRMN8R OP
Down & Out

Be-u-t-full!

What a glorious day for a ride.

Headed up Rt 6 through Scottsville, all the way to Afton. Dropped onto the BRP and then to Vesuvius.

Stopped in at Gertie's for lunch. (Thanks Madstrom!) Food was really good, and the company was great!

After lunch, I headed over the mountain on 56, in a rather spirited fashion. Back end stepped out on my twice, and I almost went off through a curve that was sharper than I expected. After the pucker factor eased a bit.... I rode back home like I had a lick of sense.

All told, it was 233 miles in 5 hours - which included a stop for gas, lunch and conversation at Gertie's, and a cold Coca-Cola at the Cumberland Shell station.

It was a very good day.
Old 05-21-2009, 02:18 PM   #5
mikeinrichmond
Farkleus Maximus

Oddometer: 2,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRMN8R

Headed up Rt 6 through Scottsville, all the way to Afton. Dropped onto the BRP and then to Vesuvius.

Stopped in at Gertie's for lunch. (Thanks Madstrom!) Food was really good, and the company was great!

After lunch, I headed over the mountain on 56, in a rather spirited fashion. Back end stepped out on my twice, and I almost went off through a curve that was sharper than I expected. After the pucker factor eased a bit.... I rode back home like I had a lick of sense.

All told, it was 233 miles in 5 hours - which included a stop for gas, lunch and conversation at Gertie's, and a cold Coca-Cola at the Cumberland Shell station.

It was a very good day.
Wish I could have joined ya!

This extended weekend (off Monday) is looking good, so once I get back from my neice's wedding Sat. night, I'd be up for riding/camping/whatever since the wife is gonna stay up north until Tuesday...
Old 05-21-2009, 02:35 PM   #6
SRMN8R OP
Down & Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeinrichmond
Wish I could have joined ya!

This extended weekend (off Monday) is looking good, so once I get back from my neice's wedding Sat. night, I'd be up for riding/camping/whatever since the wife is gonna stay up north until Tuesday...
I wish you could've too! I probably will not have much opportunity to ride for the rest of the weekend. Wifey & son will be here, and I have a really hard time pulling myself away from them.
Old 05-21-2009, 02:53 PM   #7
niceviewbehindbars
out enjoying the vu

Oddometer: 1,392
Even better since you didn't have any mechanical failures!! I'm assuming you got that oil leak fixed. Wasn't this the 6th time to the dealer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRMN8R

It was a very good day.

"The human spirit needs places where nature has not been rearranged by the hand of man." -Unknown
niceviewbehindbars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 03:21 PM   #8
SRMN8R OP
Down & Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by niceviewbehindbars
Even better since you didn't have any mechanical failures!! I'm assuming you got that oil leak fixed. Wasn't this the 6th time to the dealer?

I cleaned the underside of the motor really well before leaving.

It's covered, and dripping oil.

It'll go back again for #7.