Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2009, 11:19 AM   #1
CrisisRider OP
There is no plan!

Oddometer: 3
Wink 125 Russian 2 stroke from Hanoi to Saigon..

I've been back in the UK for just over three weeks after a life changing experience riding from North to South in Vietnam on a russian built 2 stroke dirt bike with my long-suffering wife shouting directions in my ear....I'd never even heard of adventure motorbiking before we did it, just happened to see TopGear and think that looks like a giggle......
Already thinking about what hairbrained scheme we might come up with next, so was really pleased when I found this site...
If anyone fancies checking out our trip here is a link to a blog that I did while out in Vietnam....
As adventures go it was probably very tame compared to some of the fantastic trips on this site but for us it was the first and is going to take a lot of beating...

www.mytb.org/stuartandrhianydd

(click on the green box marked vietnam road trip when you get to the site..)

cheers.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:25 AM   #2
ShiftHead
the f is silent.

Oddometer: 261
I saw the same show and *really* would love to make the same exact trip, minus the train ride they did. But OMFG that place looks so amazingly stunningly beautiful. Not too sure about the food though.....
- Bigzoner #052 English Chapter "Keep Brotherhood Till Die!" - Nate & Dot Fan club
- The "Got Screwed" Newb
ShiftHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 12:03 PM   #3
victorboy
n00b

Oddometer: 2
What a fantastic trip, I just hope that I am able to do the same thing before I get too old, well done you two, and can I just add, you look like a perfect couple
victorboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 10:49 AM   #4
CrisisRider OP
There is no plan!

Oddometer: 3
The food was actually quite safe most of the time and you could find really "normal" varieties everywhere if you didnt fancy the exotic type dishes.....Every now and again though we just fancied being brave...(Deep fried whole sparrows for example!!).....
As far as us being the perfect couple...***???... We do have our moments, but riding 2 up on a bike that small for that kind of distance its a damn good job we get on so well!!!
Having said that you will note that in virtually all of the smiling happy photos we both tend to be holding a drink...
I'm not saying any more...
Cheers
Old 05-29-2009, 11:48 AM   #5
BluePotato
InternationalBiker

Oddometer: 42
I've been on a rented motorbike on Phu Quoc Island. Rode from Long Beach to Bai Soi. Bai Soi is still my favorite largely unknown beach in the world. The water was perfectly clear. Waves were no higher than 1/2 an inch, the sand was pure white with no imperfections, the water was warm, and you could walk out 100 yards and still be in waist-deep water! That beach was paradise.

I also played some pick-up volleyball with some locals.

Academic Escape: North Rim and Southern Utah on a HD Sportster
BluePotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 02:08 PM   #6
john3500
Adventurer

Oddometer: 99
When I was anchored just 1/4 mile off Phu Quoc in 68-69 all I remember are the many many sea snakes enjoying the ocean and beach.
john3500 is offline   Reply With Quote