Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2010, 04:46 PM   #91
Ron Seida
Adventman

Oddometer: 1,247
Hey Mezo . Wow, a lot has happened since i've been gone! Heart attack at 43 . Well, we all know it takes more than that to knock guys like us down . Can't offer you any advice on healthy living and all that, but i do wish you my best, and here's a big hug from Creel, Mexico. It's fucking snowing up here!! The bugs are really coming out of the bike now and showing their toothy shit eating grins, but all in all it's been a good trip so far, and only the beginning. Take care of yourself whatever way you see fit my friend.
Ron...
D. Irwin...
Ron Seida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 06:03 PM   #92
NordieBoy
Armature speller

Oddometer: 7,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosscoact
Mine blew (read destroyed everything top and bottom) about 50 hard k's after the pumper carb installation

Just sayin is all
Nuke that post and we'll never know...

NordieBoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 02:44 PM   #93
Gustavo.Ramos
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 696
Hey Mezo, glad you're ok!

i'm away for a few weeks and was expecting some mods to those DR's.

Got a suggestion for those veins blockages: garlick! it's terrific for blood circulation, terrible for your breath. Eat lots of it at night and a bit in the morning. Just be sure you won't be too close to other people, as they'll notice it... if they run away either breath is really strong... or they're witches!

Now, back to the DR's!

Raid de L'Amitié 2011 RR (link)
690R
Gustavo.Ramos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 05:40 PM   #94
BSR-1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Hey, what's all this heart attack crap? you're not getting out until you've built at least a couple of dozen more bikes!

Take care!
BSR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 09:02 PM   #95
NordieBoy
Armature speller

Oddometer: 7,073
Ouch.

Bugger.

Do you ship to NZ?
NordieBoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 09:23 PM   #96
Exile
The Mundane and The Magic

Oddometer: 196

Sorry 2010 decided to bend you over, that really sucks.
I know! You can live vicariously through me. Eh, just a thought.

Well 2012 is almost here and then its over for everyone...another thought.

My Site
TAT 2010 RR!
DR650 Stator Rewire
Exile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 11:46 PM   #97
DRjoe
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,782
mate that's real sad news you have been an inspiration to all and a driving force for all the adv dr builds.

Your plan to sell everything and ride round oz is great.
You've got a bed and a garage stocked with tools at your disposal when you get over here.
DRjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:06 AM   #98
JediMaster
Adam Lewis

Oddometer: 333
Moving on...

Hi Mezo

Really sorry to hear about your recent experiences. I've watched your DR build from afar and when I decided to swap my F650 for a DR back in October you offered sound info.

Its funny how it sometimes takes something really bad to happen before something really good happens.
I'd talked about doing a big trip for 15 years but was always 'doing something else'. In 2003 both my parents died of cancer 5 months apart aged 65 & 69 - neither smoke or drank.
It was the kick up the arse I needed and after finishing renovating my house, planning, preparing and saving for a RTW trip I finaly rode away from England in March 2006. Next month will see my 4th year on the road and what an experience it continues to be.

The Aussie people make Oz a particularly special place to ride and I'm sure plenty of offers like that from DRJoe will come flooding in.

Forget about this being the end and think about it being the beginning. Keep your sense of humour (it appeals to me), get on your bike and open your mind to the next opportunity that will surely come your way.

I wish you the very best

Adam
http://shortwayround.co.uk

ShortWayRound/Facebook

ShortWayRound Smugmug Gallery

Trails of North America...a photo journal

Trails of South America (PtI)... a photo journal

"The brave may not live forever - but the cautious do not live at all" - unknown philosopher
JediMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 01:27 AM   #99
Wolfdog
Not Scared

Oddometer: 83
Shocked and stunned.

What can I say other than im shocked , stunned and sorry to hear whats just happened, Cos i only just stumbled across this thead today and was really enjoying your approach to this project.

And then this crap happens to you......hart attack....car crash....liquidation sale.

I know there is not much I can say that will fix all the brokenness in your world at the moment......but once you start to get a clear head and your ready to travel around Australia, if you are comming through the Brisbane region, let me know cos you can stop in here at Wolfdogs place for a rest and lots of whisky or what ever spirit is your favorit poision, I'll kick the still into over drive when your leaving the west coast so by the time you get here I will have shit loads of shine to help keep you preserved.

Love that avatar its a crack up, wish I found this thead when it began, any way I hope you can find some positive things to help pull you out of all the wreckage thats surounded you.

If it helps at all I'll be happy to help you out with a cash for parts relief program and a complementary bottle of shine of your preference.

I'll P.m. you soon Cheers Wolfdog.
Wolfdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 09:45 AM   #100
That Aussie Guy
Dances with TKC's

Oddometer: 242
Good luck.

Hey matey, as someone who has had to start over from scratch 5 times so far in my lifetime, I too know what it's like to see all that you work so hard for have disappear right in front of you but you know what? Sometimes its also the best thing. Kinda like the clouds and silver lining thing. It's all about attitude. Go visit any graveyard and here's what you won't find, you won't find any tombstone with the lament "I wish I would have spent another day at the office"...or for that matter in a garage. At the end of your days you can't take it with you so all you will have will be your memories and experiences. You won't be thinking "I wish I had finished that DR project" when you are at the end, you will be regretting all the experiences you never tried. I gave everything up to live on the road and yeah sure I am stationary at the moment making money to move on, but I also know it's temporary, like life. People like my wife and myself know that you now have one of the best opportunities of your life right in front of you. Too many people wish they could or dream they will, but sadly most never do. Grab a hold with everything you have and make it a life to remember. Get on that Tenere of yours and have yourself an awesome adventure.
Good health and long may you ride!

Daz.

Photography: www.roamimagery.com
That Aussie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 06:04 PM   #101
DisTech
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 616
Many times I've considered exactly what you are planning. Good luck and looking forward to a RR!
Old 02-06-2010, 06:27 AM   #102
plugeye
mc caregiver

Oddometer: 3,236
same here.
almost daily. best of luck & looking forward to ride reports
plugeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 08:52 AM   #103
LoJack
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,346
Just another one that has followed and enjoyed your thread. Keep us posted on your progress with the Tenere, and be well. Lojack
LoJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 09:23 PM   #104
Wolfdog
Not Scared

Oddometer: 83
Once he gets sorted out and feels ready to tackle the big journey, he's gona have a ball.

As he is passing through the areas where forum members live he will be able to get the good oil on the best features and roads in that region that may be easily missed by most travelers passing through.

There will be so many hidden treasures along the way, it will be a good thread if he posts his journey.
Wolfdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 09:53 AM   #105
overlandr
Temporal Shifter

Oddometer: 5,790
Hey Mezo, Sorry to hear about your recent low points - the health, crash etc . One thing, though, you've made a decision to do what you want to do for yourself as you said whilst you are still able. Good on you and all the best for your trip. You never know, it may well turn you to be the best decision you've made for a long time.
Maybe a warning for the rest of use as well.
overlandr is offline   Reply With Quote