Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > Parallel Universe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2010, 03:33 PM   #136
DockingPilot
Hooked Up and Hard Over

Oddometer: 9,039
Not quite the same client base as team orange eh James ?

"Every bike I ever had, was the best bike I ever had, when I had it"
DockingPilot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 03:36 PM   #137
ADVer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 187
I haven't actually measured the height difference - I do not think it's that much - maybe an inch - I am 5'9 with a 31.5 inseam and can still put both feet on the ground - maybe not flat.
Old 11-21-2010, 05:54 PM   #138
soyanarchisto
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,252
Whats your opinion on the suede? I'd like to go that route but I heard someone else comment that suede holds water and here in the PNW it rains a fair amount.
soyanarchisto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 05:55 PM   #139
PIRANESI
WERA ENDURANCE RACER

Oddometer: 32
I put one on my DR650

The seat is excellent for all types of riding. Great improvement.
Old 11-21-2010, 07:04 PM   #140
Zacharia_11
11th Assassin

Oddometer: 248
New Seats

My wife and I got our seats about 2 weeks ago. Put them on and went out for a short ride. Not long enough to form any kind of real opinion, and recently we were finding the stock seats were not as uncomfortable by the end of the summer as they were in the beginning. The new seat is wider and more level than the stock seat and I know longer feel the lip/dip in the seat were my butt 'should' have backed up to - I generally ended up sitting on it more than in front of it. The style change is subtle and I'm sure it will be an improvement over the stock as my two main complaints with the stock seat were the sliding forward and it was generally uncomfortable for periods longer than ~250kms. I'll post back when I have some real miles in it.

As to my experience with Renazco, everything went very smoothly. I filled out the online form with some details about by height, weight and riding style along with how I would like the seat built (Materials ect.). Communication was great between myself, Sonia and my wife and in total with shipping to and from Ontario Canada the seat was out for about 4 weeks.

My only issue with the seat is that we ordered my wife's seat with red logo and when we received it both seats had the silver logo. Not a big deal and nothing worth complaining about, you'll never see it when your riding anyway.

2013 Honda CB500X
Zacharia_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 07:21 PM   #141
ADVer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by soyanarchisto
Whats your opinion on the suede? I'd like to go that route but I heard someone else comment that suede holds water and here in the PNW it rains a fair amount.
James did say that suede breathes better but may not be the best choice if you end up riding in the wet - I guess the PNW would qualify!
Old 11-22-2010, 03:12 AM   #142
LukasM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,333
The suede on the Renazcos has a waterproof (or at least resistant?) liner under it, so it doesn't soak the whole seat. The cover still holds a fair amount of water so your butt might eventually get wet if you are not wearing waterproof pants.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:16 AM   #143
soph9
Bike Addict

Oddometer: 2,272
we live in a very wet climate at times and James did not recommend the suede for us....we are getting vinyl also because both of us leave our bike outside while at work.
soph9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 12:02 AM   #144
replicant
consummate n00b

Oddometer: 97
Just finished a 4000 mile trip with the Renazco and I can say it is a vast improvement over stock. No sliding forward feeling. It takes about 6 hours for me to notice any discomfort, and even then it's bearable. Not like the stock which required stops every 90min after the first 2 hrs.

All vinyl.
replicant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 03:24 PM   #145
inmate-n00b
Ciao, Marco

Oddometer: 1,006
Does anyone have a photo of a "low" Renazco seat?
I have the stock low seat and I'd like to see if Renazco is able to maintain that height, without the discomfort. I'm sure there's some space-age foam, somewhere....

thx
inmate-n00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 07:01 PM   #146
EnderTheX
Drunken Squirrel

Oddometer: 2,709
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG_WTF View Post
Does anyone have a photo of a "low" Renazco seat?
I have the stock low seat and I'd like to see if Renazco is able to maintain that height, without the discomfort. I'm sure there's some space-age foam, somewhere....

thx
I'm with ya, I don't want to sacrifice my "low" seat height. Besides, I've done several 600+ mile days in my BMW low seat and my ass is still attached to my body...
EnderTheX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 07:50 PM   #147
inmate-n00b
Ciao, Marco

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderTheX View Post
I'm with ya, I don't want to sacrifice my "low" seat height. Besides, I've done several 600+ mile days in my BMW low seat and my ass is still attached to my body...
i sent the company an email. hopefully they have something for us folks with a low seat.
i'll post any meaningful response.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:56 AM   #148
Renazco
Formerly AKA Boejangles

Oddometer: 4,739
Hopefully I can answer some concerns in one posting here since I rarely get a chance chime in on posts these days.

The low seat that BMW offers is the absolute lowest you can go without sacrificing anymore comfort. Any lower and your pretty much sitting on the seat pan. We make improvements to the BMW low seat to gain better ground reach using our own methods while retaining comfort.

All is relative to you the rider, this is where weight to inseam ratios come to play. A rider that outweighs the normal inseam ratio is at a disadvantage as much as a rider that is lighter in weight to hardly effect suspension compression.

The seat pictured below pretty much sums up how low to expect a low seat from Renazco, anything lower then that and it's just a seat cover over the seat pan.
For those with a shorter inseam and expect to flat foot this bike you'll need to do suspension work. Nothing wrong with lowering these bikes in fact depending on who your using for suspension work you'll probably gain better handling.

Old 02-01-2011, 09:12 AM   #149
inmate-n00b
Ciao, Marco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renazco View Post
The low seat that BMW offers is the absolute lowest you can go without sacrificing anymore comfort. Any lower and your pretty much sitting on the seat pan. We make improvements to the BMW low seat to gain better ground reach using our own methods while retaining comfort.
Thanks for the reply.
I'm not asking to flat foot the bike. BMW advertises that its low seat brings the height to 33.5 inches. I'd be happy just to retain that height. How high is the Renazco "low" seat?
Is it every bit as comfy as the normal Renazco seat? I'm asking because presumably there is less foam used. Maybe some gel inserts could help.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:51 AM   #150
ebrabaek
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,473
My new Renasco has a build date of Feb 14/2011....... It`s getting close.....

Erling
ebrabaek is offline   Reply With Quote