Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2010, 10:35 PM   #61
Firefight911 OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacharia_11
I am curious if there is something you or others who have this seat may have asked for different if you were to order it over again. Different material, different consistency in foam ect...
Ordered it sooner? I would still like suede but I am ecstatic that James said no. It shows that he is more interested in a quality product than marketing. That's why there is a wait list!!!

No changes wanted. The seat is perfect for what I wanted out of it.

If anyone wanted to borrow a seat during their build I would be happy to try and work out something. I have two stock seats, a low one and a standard. Just let me know and we can talk off air.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:43 AM   #62
Zacharia_11
11th Assassin

Oddometer: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bmwfan
Ordered it sooner? ...
That is about the only "negative"? feedback I have heard on this seat. The wait. I've skimmed through a handful of other forums specifically looking for feedback on this seat. Lots of talk about Suede fabrics and how they hold up to weather - which isn't a consideration for the F800GS seat for Renazco - and much mention about the wait. Most, if not all, said it was worth the wait and spoke highly of the personal customer service they received.

I had read about one guy who formally had a Corbin, loved the foam, and wished he'd asked for the seat to be more firm. This guy sounds like me. A few others who ride aggressive dirt bikes were also commenting on seat cover choices and gripping materials.

2013 Honda CB500X
Zacharia_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 06:43 PM   #63
PackMule
love what you do

Oddometer: 19,459
Quote:
I am curious if there is something you or others who have this seat may have asked for different if you were to order it over again. Different material, different consistency in foam ect...

Nope. It's perfect, IMO. I gave James an accurate reflection of my riding habits, so if he does any custom tweaking away from a "base" seat, it's spot on. If he just makes one seat, no matter what you tell him, it was made for me, then.

EDIT: looking at your last reply, it's a better shape and much better grip standing, and leagues more comfortable sitting because of the profile.

Yes, I have a Dakar problem -- that there are 50 weeks of the year without Dakar!

They don't expect you to finish. That's why it's the Dakar. -- PPiA
PackMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 07:14 PM   #64
Zacharia_11
11th Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackMule
Nope. It's perfect, IMO. I gave James an accurate reflection of my riding habits, so if he does any custom tweaking away from a "base" seat, it's spot on. If he just makes one seat, no matter what you tell him, it was made for me, then.

EDIT: looking at your last reply, it's a better shape and much better grip standing, and leagues more comfortable sitting because of the profile.
Thanks Packmule, I gave an accurate profile of my riding and added comments to further explain the type of riding I do most frequently and the type of riding I would like to do with this bike, along with my past preferences for a firm seat. I am confident the seat will be just what I ask for.

Ya, the Renazco is a much better looking seat IMO. The Corbin for the F800GS lacked the look I wanted and the Renazco looks much more purposeful for some of the trail/off slab riding I would like to do. I've been very satisfied with Corbin seats in the past - just couldn't do it on the F8GS.

Nothing left to do but wait...

2013 Honda CB500X

Zacharia_11 screwed with this post 05-14-2010 at 08:53 PM Reason: I suck at spelling...
Old 05-19-2010, 10:57 AM   #65
RamblerTim
Adventurer

Oddometer: 98
More feedback

Will someone/anyone please give more feedback about how this seat feels on long trips 100 miles & plus?

I know one or two have provided feedback but I am interested to hear from some others.

What are the downsides about this seat OTHER than the wait time?

It almost seems like this seat has a "Soup Nazi" effect about it. The wait time is so long & you receive such personalized attention when it is being built that people are too prideful to be honest about the downsides.

Or maybe not as many people have them compared to the other seats out there. Any additional info would be great, hope this sparks some more reviews....
RamblerTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 11:12 AM   #66
Firefight911 OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 997
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamblerTim
Will someone/anyone please give more feedback about how this seat feels on long trips 100 miles & plus?

I know one or two have provided feedback but I am interested to hear from some others.

It almost seems like this seat has a "Soup Nazi" effect about it. The wait time is so long & you receive such personalized attention when it is being built that people are too prideful to be honest about the downsides.

Or maybe not as many people have them compared to the other seats out there. Any additional info would be great, hope this sparks some more reviews....
Or maybe, just maybe, they're as good as this review and others have indicated.

I've done multiple 200+ mile days on it with my most being about 350. It's THAT good!!!
Old 05-19-2010, 01:47 PM   #67
DockingPilot
Hooked Up and Hard Over

Oddometer: 9,324
550 miles in 10 hours. 1 continuous ride. No problem.

Lets James Renazco be your guide in chooseing material. The man knows his stuff and has an eye for the proper look.

"Every bike I ever had, was the best bike I ever had, when I had it"
DockingPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 01:54 PM   #68
PackMule
love what you do

Oddometer: 19,459
Quote:

It almost seems like this seat has a "Soup Nazi" effect about it.

Great analogy.

I love mine, and couldn't think of anything to change on it. If someone up this way has another custom seat they'd like to trade and eval for a few miles sometime, I'd be up for that, for the sake of comparison.

Yes, I have a Dakar problem -- that there are 50 weeks of the year without Dakar!

They don't expect you to finish. That's why it's the Dakar. -- PPiA
PackMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 01:59 PM   #69
DockingPilot
Hooked Up and Hard Over

"You conserdered that ugly Day Long cruiser type seat before mine" ?
"NO SEAT FOR YOU"

Old 05-19-2010, 02:28 PM   #70
Zacharia_11
11th Assassin

Quote:

I wondered the same thing. Google the seat - lots of guys in lots of forums have threads dedicated to their experience with the seat and the company. I read a lot of posts about the work James and Chris do and how satisfied people were with their seats. Typically I expect the first responses to a new seat to be positive, so I too like to get feedback after some one has some real time into their seat and the 'warm fuzzy' has had a chance to wear off. Anything I read indicated positive reviews for the seat and the company, I am failry certian you will find the same.

Can't ask for much more than that.

I would suggest that if your not honest about your riding profile you would end up with the seat you asked for and not the seat you 'need'. I also have no idea what different kinds of seat coverings (vinyl) would be best, so I asked for a recommendation based on my profile. I'm sure the seat's not magic - but it sounds like a great seat from a great company.

I'll provide more feedback of my experineces as my build date is in October along with my wifes.

2013 Honda CB500X
Old 05-19-2010, 02:37 PM   #71
DockingPilot
Hooked Up and Hard Over

Basiclly, it's the seat for you if your an off road oriented rider. If your the Lazy Boy type, maybe not.
On on my 3rd Renazco.

Old 05-28-2010, 08:01 AM   #72
ba_
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,605
I'm all set with my build date for the end of December. I'm thinking about either a black top and grey sides or all black on my white f800gs.
Old 05-28-2010, 10:12 AM   #73
OlyRider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,242
Renazco

Wow....the build dates are already out to December!!

My $100 deposit was due to James by May 21st (last week) for a September build date. Our first email exchange was on May 10th.

Build a quality product, and they will come....
Old 05-28-2010, 10:23 AM   #74
Zacharia_11
11th Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ba_
I'm all set with my build date for the end of December. I'm thinking about either a black top and grey sides or all black on my white f800gs.
I think a little contrast is good, I am just going to let the different matierial provide the contrast and go all black. My wife is getting a deep red stitch for the Renazco logo to go with her white bike - I am just going with silver stitch. (Black stitch thru the seams).

What vinyl material did you choose?

2013 Honda CB500X
Old 05-28-2010, 10:39 AM   #75
ba_
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,605
Quote:
I think a little contrast is good, I am just going to let the different matierial provide the contrast and go all black. My wife is getting a deep red stitch for the Renazco logo to go with her white bike - I am just going with silver stitch. (Black stitch thru the seams).

What vinyl material did you choose?
I actually didn't know I had a vinyl material choice. Do tell...

And the build dates are out to November. I chose December so it would affect my riding.