Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2010, 01:23 PM   #121
Renazco
Formerly AKA Boejangles

Oddometer: 4,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcasKen
To be fair, I also haven't reached out to them as I'm not inclined to lose my seat for any more weeks of riding.
Ken, it's really simple. If your not happy with the seat you should have talked to me about it first.

Sell the seat if your not happy, whoever buys your Renazco seat I'll happily honor the warranty and if they're not comfortable with it I'll immediately rebuild it for them to their satisfaction, it's what we do here.
Old 09-30-2010, 03:48 PM   #122
ebrabaek
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,671
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renazco
Ken, it's really simple. If your not happy with the seat you should have talked to me about it first.

Sell the seat if your not happy, whoever buys your Renazco seat I'll happily honor the warranty and if they're not comfortable with it I'll immediately rebuild it for them to their satisfaction, it's what we do here.
The above statement is exactly why My seat will be build in Feb-2011 by Renasco......

Erling
ebrabaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 04:27 PM   #123
soyanarchisto
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,440
Quote:

Ken--

If you are interested in selling it let me know. I am a few hours south of you and would be happy to ride up and take it off your hands (hopefully before the monsoon season starts).

Rob
soyanarchisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 07:25 PM   #124
Firefight911 OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 997
Quote:

Just as I have personally come to know....one stand up guy who cares about his business, his product, and how he is perceived in the real world.

Good for you!!!!!!!
Old 09-30-2010, 07:41 PM   #125
rtravelbee
ilikebikes...

Oddometer: 34
F650GS Seat

Do you have the address or email so I can touch base with him about a seat reconfige?
rtravelbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 11:31 PM   #126
The Heathen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 217
My .02, if I may. I met with James this afternoon. Great guy. He took time out to discuss seats and f8 mods. Thanks James, appreciate your time. Really looking forward to the seat.
The Heathen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 09:01 AM   #127
Renazco Racing Store
Parts, Gear & Such

Oddometer: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtravelbee
Do you have the address or email so I can touch base with him about a seat reconfige?
http://www.renazco.com/info.cfm - gets some of the particulars out of the way, and is a good place to start the discussion.

info@renazco.com is the primary email address.

Renazco Racing

Online store: http://www.renazcoracing.com
Phone (0800-1600 Mon-Fri, Pacific or off-hours if we can take your call): (707) 902-DIRT
Email: store@renazcoracing.com

Renazco Racing Store is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 10:01 PM   #128
OlyRider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,243
Renazco seat

Mine came back to me in yesterday's FedEx deliveries. So far, so good.

I have an F800GS, and went for the suede top with vinyl side panels.

Although I'm 6'3" with 34-inch inseam, I asked James not to build it up higher than stock. I previously bought the Wunderlich "lowered" pegs, and that's makes all the difference I need. The suede keeps me from scooting forward very effectively, and I didn't want my long torso to stick up any higher than it already does. Besides, when offroad, I "like" being able to move forward, and lower my center of gravity. I rode the bike a short distance today (60 miles), and I'm very happy with the ergos now. No sliding forward at all! We'll see about comfort on some longer outings.
Old 10-02-2010, 10:28 PM   #129
Surguy
redneck in clogs

Oddometer: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrog
Could you run out and do 300+ mile in a day and report back? lol
Never thought a bike blog would get under my skin, but guess its best for both of us. (I meant 200+ either Sat or Sun.)
But since weather's been xlint, took yer advice & went 420 today. Been testing gear and weights for a Death Valley ride in a month. Can't say much for loaded saddlebags on a already heavy bike, butt my aerse sure is happy!!
Pipes are too damn expensive, as are skid plates, racks, and hard bags. Front forks - if I rip into those Hyperpro reinforced, soup-sandwich feelin forks again I may go bald.
Thank god someone has a product worth its cost.
I did a Corbin on bike some years back, and had to sell it . . . Butt no-likey & went back to original seat.
Hats off to Renazco !!!
as in five stars
Surguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 05:50 PM   #130
rockinrog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surguy
Never thought a bike blog would get under my skin, but guess its best for both of us. (I meant 200+ either Sat or Sun.)
But since weather's been xlint, took yer advice & went 420 today. Been testing gear and weights for a Death Valley ride in a month. Can't say much for loaded saddlebags on a already heavy bike, butt my aerse sure is happy!!
Pipes are too damn expensive, as are skid plates, racks, and hard bags. Front forks - if I rip into those Hyperpro reinforced, soup-sandwich feelin forks again I may go bald.
Thank god someone has a product worth its cost.
I did a Corbin on bike some years back, and had to sell it . . . Butt no-likey & went back to original seat.
Hats off to Renazco !!!
as in five stars
Thanks for the report back Surguy. That's what I wanted to hear.
rockinrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 04:15 AM   #131
OrcasKen
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 124
Quote:
Okay, but really? Whether or not I change it up, the process was different than I had expected and that's really all I was trying to convey. I have little doubt given the experience of others that had I reached out to you directly, you would work with me. But frankly, if dialog now (and more time without my seat) could result in a better seat, why didn't this dialog happen before the first build? As this forum is almost exclusively weighted to folks that were happy with your product and service, I felt that sharing my experience could be useful to others.

Quote:
Thanks, I've had three PMs. This is the first I've heard of a "warranty" though. I just checked and see no mention of it on your website and there has been no mention of it in emails between us nor anthing in the packaging. I'll give my seat more time and if once parked for the winter feel that it still isn't working for me, will contact you for more info on the warranty before selling.

From your website...
Quote:
After an interview, and often an exchange of riding photos, James applies years of riding and seat building experience to his designs. Factors that affect the seat construction can include rider weight, height, even posture. It is not unusual to combine multiple types of foam within a seat to accomodate a rider's needs.
And from email between Sonia and me...
Quote:
Me: I thought that you needed my input on colors/materials and would want to know info about me and my riding style before making my seat.
Sonia: As far as your riding style we will take all of those details from your original submission form. Please let us know if there's any other changes that you would like to make.
Clearly YMMV. For me, I didn't have an "interview" (unless you mean the data on the web form) and no exchange of riding photos was requested. It seems that the people who rave about you on this site have spoken with you directly - I guess I should have called and insisted on this too. I do know that each time I called I got voicemail (once early on, which you responded to via email and twice chasing down shipping details).

Look, at the end of the day, these forums are here to help share experiences, good, bad and otherwise. Clearly many people love their Renazco seat. Hopefully this post simply serves as an encouragement for folks to become more active in their "custom" Renazco seat than I was.
OrcasKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 11:20 AM   #132
OlyRider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,243
Custom seats

I have a Renazco seat for my F800GS, and I've had Rich's in Seattle build four custom seats. The seats made by Rich were an all-day ride to his shop affair that proved enlightening, frustrating, expensive and "satisfactory". For what he charges now, and the fact that he is hardly doing any of the work himself, I wouldn't consider having him build another seat. But that's just me, and others can fairly disagree.

I was put off, at first, by the comments written by OrcasKen regarding his Renazco. Then I read the reply James posted, and I thought "Good for him!". However, after reading the response OrcasKen wrote, I am conflicted. So, I am fairly sure I will attract strong opinions with what I write.

No doubt...James builds a great seat!! Without a doubt, workmanship is first-rate, as well as the materials used. However, he also, IMHO, uses a very liberal definition of the word "custom" in describing it. The *Interview* that is basis of his build profile is simply this: 1)weight, 2)inseam, 3)% trails/road, and 4) model bike. Oh, and there is a comment section for your use. I can buy a 44L business suit off-the-rack, but it won't fit without alteration. I wouldn't, in my wildest dreams, tell someone I owned a custom suit because I wrote an email to the store and told them my inseam and weight so they could alter the suit for me without actually seeing me wearing it. And that statement is true regardless of the price/brand of the suit.

My Renazco seat seems to fit so far (75 miles), and is comfortable, I suspect, because of superior foam and shaping. That being said, I bet *my* particular Renazco seat would be just as comfortable for a rider of a much different size than me. Maybe that's the point. James didn't ask my waist size (it's average), but I'm guessing riders with much smaller and larger waists would do just fine on my seat. Again...not *custom*....just better.

James didn't request (require?) pictures of me sitting on my F800GS to see what a static fit looked like. His *interview* sheet didn't ask what materials I wanted for the seat (colors, texture). It didn't even ask what color stitching I preferred for the Renazco label.

I agree with OrcasKen( and James) about the warranty. I'm sure James builds a quality product, and has every intention of standing behind it, but *where* is the warranty statement?? I can't find it. And it should be more than *customer satisfaction guaranteed". Who pays for shipping? How many retrys does one get?

I'm not trying/intending to disparage either James or OrcasKen. Certainly, OrcasKen had a different expectation than James of the process.

When other riders would get on my Rich's seat on my R12GS, they would say..."Great seat, but it doesn't *fit* me". I'd respond "It's not supposed to!" I don't expect that to happen with my Renazco. I think I'll hear "Great seat...where do I get one!?"

Hope I didn't offend anyone. Wasn't trying to.
Old 11-20-2010, 02:52 PM   #133
ADVer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 192
Received my seat this week - red vinyl sides and black suede top - looks great - thanks James!
I get to try it out tomorrow.

Old 11-21-2010, 04:16 PM   #134
ADVer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 192
Did around 175 street miles on the new seat today.
It is a MAJOR improvement on the stock seat in both comfort and ergos.
The suede keeps my butt in place, the "family jewels " don't get crushed anymore and the added height opens the ergos up a bit.
Awesome!
Old 11-21-2010, 04:29 PM   #135
Pomo
gonzo

Oddometer: 609
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADVer
Did around 175 street miles on the new seat today.
It is a MAJOR improvement on the stock seat in both comfort and ergos.
The suede keeps my butt in place, the "family jewels " don't get crushed anymore and the added height opens the ergos up a bit.
Awesome!
That seat looks great! How much height did James add to the seat?

"It's supposed to be a challenge, that's why they call it a shortcut. If it was easy it would just be the way." ~ Rubin, Road Trip

Pomo is offline   Reply With Quote