ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-31-2014, 07:42 AM   #15196
RoyQ
Beastly Adventurer
 
RoyQ's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Mississippi
Oddometer: 2,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by tslaw View Post
Glad you can still ride like that Roy. Arthritis is a bitch.
I do it every time knowing I will pay for it later. Never gave arthritis much of a thought years ago. Watched people suffer with it and thought that'll never happen to me. As of right now I am only suffering in my wrist. It could progress to other joints later on or simply be just my wrist over used from riding so much or the repetitive work I do for a living.
__________________
2012 YAMAHA Super Ténéré
'11 GSXR750
'11 GSXR1000 racebike
WERA Expert #826
RoyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 08:14 AM   #15197
Supahflid
Wheelieless
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Brandon, MS
Oddometer: 3,769
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyQ View Post
I do it every time knowing I will pay for it later. Never gave arthritis much of a thought years ago. Watched people suffer with it and thought that'll never happen to me. As of right now I am only suffering in my wrist. It could progress to other joints later on or simply be just my wrist over used from riding so much or the repetitive work I do for a living.
That sucks. We ain't getting any younger are we? Sorry you are having trouble. Here's to lots more years of riding!
Supahflid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 11:41 AM   #15198
tslaw
aged n00b
 
tslaw's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Vxb, Mississippi
Oddometer: 2,646
Was near Kuhn today. No signs, no barriers, no heat, no Switch/bait, no fear (maybe some).

tslaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 04:32 PM   #15199
aaron2a
supermoto hooligan
 
aaron2a's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Location: canton, ms
Oddometer: 686
aaron2a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 05:24 PM   #15200
tslaw
aged n00b
 
tslaw's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Vxb, Mississippi
Oddometer: 2,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron2a View Post
Right on. Only cried twice. It's really not bad there. A few blocks away is different story. I placed a tag at an old grave yard near there so I knew it wasn't too bad.
tslaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 09:14 PM   #15201
wolfy317
Addicted to BMW
 
wolfy317's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: The Double Humpback
Oddometer: 3,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by tslaw View Post
Was near Kuhn today. No signs, no barriers, no heat, no Switch/bait, no fear (maybe some).


Ooh... Now to see who all may want to join in... I know switch said he might like to if we go on the bikes, Babar said he was interested... who else wanted to scope out the place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron2a View Post
Hahahah epic.
__________________
'71 BMW R75/5 | 09 GSA
FLICKR
wolfy317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 09:20 PM   #15202
aaron2a
supermoto hooligan
 
aaron2a's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Location: canton, ms
Oddometer: 686
I'm in for any riding as soon as I can get my bike fixed
aaron2a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 10:23 PM   #15203
wolfy317
Addicted to BMW
 
wolfy317's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: The Double Humpback
Oddometer: 3,534
I should warn though, I'm going there on a photography whim, so I'd be there to take photos, and may be doing that for a while. I'm thinking I'll probably go in September.
__________________
'71 BMW R75/5 | 09 GSA
FLICKR
wolfy317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 06:30 AM   #15204
Anticyclone
Ride more worry less
 
Anticyclone's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Jackson, MS
Oddometer: 5,837
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfy317 View Post
I should warn though, I'm going there on a photography whim, so I'd be there to take photos, and may be doing that for a while. I'm thinking I'll probably go in September.
Now I see why you got that AR.
Anticyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 06:46 AM   #15205
babarnette
Studly Adventurer
 
babarnette's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Brandon, MS (On The Rez)
Oddometer: 904
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfy317 View Post
Ooh... Now to see who all may want to join in... I know switch said he might like to if we go on the bikes, Babar said he was interested... who else wanted to scope out the place?



Hahahah epic.
OK, I finally got an answer about the whole permission thing. The guy that is filming there now is friends with the owners and have permission to shoot there whenever they want. He said if we give him a date and time he would meet us there and give us a tour around the place and tell us the history of it and all that.
babarnette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 07:12 AM   #15206
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer
 
Switchblade315's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: personal hell
Oddometer: 5,779
Cool. I like to wander around old buildings. But I'm one of those nuts that would be hapy if a zombie apochalips happned, abandoned buildings just make me smile.

Y'all know I'm in.
__________________
When I die bury me upside down so the whole world can kiss my ass.

"My mind jumped off the high dive into the deep end of the gutter and took scuba gear with it" Me.
Switchblade315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 08:17 AM   #15207
wolfy317
Addicted to BMW
 
wolfy317's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: The Double Humpback
Oddometer: 3,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticyclone View Post
Now I see why you got that AR.
What, this little thing?



Quote:
Originally Posted by babarnette View Post
OK, I finally got an answer about the whole permission thing. The guy that is filming there now is friends with the owners and have permission to shoot there whenever they want. He said if we give him a date and time he would meet us there and give us a tour around the place and tell us the history of it and all that.
That would be pretty awesome actually. Good call Babarnette!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switchblade315 View Post
Cool. I like to wander around old buildings. But I'm one of those nuts that would be hapy if a zombie apochalips happned, abandoned buildings just make me smile.

Y'all know I'm in.
I'm about the same. Love old abandoned things.
__________________
'71 BMW R75/5 | 09 GSA
FLICKR
wolfy317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 01:01 PM   #15208
carabnsol
should have been a cowboy
 
carabnsol's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Mississippi
Oddometer: 2,162
Here's mine
__________________
Mommas don't let your cowboys grow up to be babies
carabnsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 02:20 PM   #15209
wolfy317
Addicted to BMW
 
wolfy317's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: The Double Humpback
Oddometer: 3,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by carabnsol View Post
Here's mine
__________________
'71 BMW R75/5 | 09 GSA
FLICKR
wolfy317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 02:58 PM   #15210
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer
 
Switchblade315's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: personal hell
Oddometer: 5,779
a hint. Unless you are lucky that light on top of the gun is a bad idea. it will cause a glare in the scope off the top of the gun. Got one like that on my high power pellet riffle and it doesn't work very well at night. the one on my shotgun is under the gun and it works great.

food for thought if you haven't tested your set up.
__________________
When I die bury me upside down so the whole world can kiss my ass.

"My mind jumped off the high dive into the deep end of the gutter and took scuba gear with it" Me.
Switchblade315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2015