Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2011, 01:38 PM   #4501
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,779
[QUOTE=Anticyclone;14942621]Your descriptions of a sinus infection don't leave much to the imagination.QUOTE]

yeah I like to be blunt.. but at lest I left out the green snot..

oops guess I didn't... anyway have fun flying, I haven't been up in a few years... it's quite fun.
Switchblade315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 01:43 PM   #4502
CrashDummy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,325
[QUOTE=Switchblade315;14942928]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticyclone View Post
Your descriptions of a sinus infection don't leave much to the imagination.QUOTE]

yeah I like to be blunt.. but at lest I left out the green snot..

oops guess I didn't... anyway have fun flying, I haven't been up in a few years... it's quite fun.

CrashDummy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 01:55 PM   #4503
Anticyclone
Ride more worry less

Oddometer: 5,837
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff-77 View Post
Flying lessons,oh boy,fun begins,15yrs.ago i took lessons for 2yrs.at Hawkins field,Jackson,best time of my life.Cessna 150 2 seater,$60 hr.with inst&fuel.Enjoy it dude.
I'm looking forward to it. It's been nearly 20 years since I have been behind the controls of a plane (a Beech Baron, at age 13). Hope I remember everything...

Closer to $120/hr now for a Cessna 152 with fuel/instructor. Not that much of an increase really considering fuel prices. Good to know I'm not getting ripped off.

I fully plan on using some of the time tomorrow to scout new riding ares. I like to think of it as google earth live . I might even fly over the folks riding near Kosiusco. I'll wave.
Anticyclone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 03:41 PM   #4504
unclejimmy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticyclone View Post
I'm looking forward to it. It's been nearly 20 years since I have been behind the controls of a plane (a Beech Baron, at age 13). Hope I remember everything...

Closer to $120/hr now for a Cessna 152 with fuel/instructor. Not that much of an increase really considering fuel prices. Good to know I'm not getting ripped off.

I fully plan on using some of the time tomorrow to scout new riding ares. I like to think of it as google earth live . I might even fly over the folks riding near Kosiusco. I'll wave.
Sorry you can't make the ride,,I will leave the resturant at 9 am where hiway 35 crosses the N Trace...close to the welcom e center for the trace...
hope you catch us riding give us a wagg as you go over,,,,I used to fly 182 and 152....Only 26./hr solo such fun.....uj
unclejimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 04:15 PM   #4505
DavidQ
We Don't Rent Pigs

Oddometer: 2,070
I'm not going to make the trip to Kosciusko tomorrow. Yall have fun.
Colorado / Utah 2011
NM, CO, UT, AZ 2012
DavidQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 04:50 PM   #4506
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclejimmy View Post
Sorry you can't make the ride,,I will leave the resturant at 9 am where hiway 35 crosses the N Trace...close to the welcom e center for the trace...
hope you catch us riding give us a wagg as you go over,,,,I used to fly 182 and 152....Only 26./hr solo such fun.....uj

i still don't have a clue what restaurant you speak of. Do you have a rout plained out or just going to wing it. where are you plaining on eating lunch. ah hell I'll PM you my number.. just give me a call.

And crash I'm spare everyone the upchug my snot would cause..
Old 01-14-2011, 05:10 PM   #4507
ejtv
Per ipsum

Oddometer: 1,544
dirt/gravel roads from Baton Rouge LA to Jackson MS

I have a route I have used that is mostly gravel with some pavement from Starhill near St. Francisville all the way to the Meadville area in the Homochitto National Forest.

Any suggestions for dirt/gravel from Meadville north-north-east toward the Natchez Trace/Jackson/Ross Barnett Reservoir MS area?

Ultimately my plan is to hook up via as little asphalt as possible from St. Francisville with the MS Hillcountry Trail.

Thanks.

Road Reports by ejtv click here
ejtv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 05:19 PM   #4508
eeore39648 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,024
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejtv View Post
I have a route I have used that is mostly gravel with some pavement from Starhill near St. Francisville all the way to the Meadville area in the Homochitto National Forest.

Any suggestions for dirt/gravel from Meadville north-north-east toward the Natchez Trace/Jackson/Ross Barnett Reservoir MS area?

Ultimately my plan is to hook up via as little asphalt as possible from St. Francisville with the MS Hillcountry Trail.

Thanks.
PM Trophy1298, he has a most;y dirt route called DTC, that might be waht your looking for.
James
Old 01-14-2011, 06:43 PM   #4509
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,642
How soon do you need it? There are several riders that have made various routes through that area... I can put one together out of routes I've ridden, but it may take a couple of days. Trophy's D2C is on the other side of the state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejtv View Post

Thanks.

backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 07:02 PM   #4510
Trophy1298
Vicarious Cowboy

Oddometer: 5,512
Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsKLR View Post
How soon do you need it? There are several riders that have made various routes through that area... I can put one together out of routes I've ridden, but it may take a couple of days. Trophy's D2C is on the other side of the state.

Have a couple of routes that run from Meadville to the Trace near Raymond. But BW is right, the D2C is from the southern end of the MHCT to Ocean Springs.

Some of the others here have ridden that area more than I have and will be able to help out too.

When you making the trip?
Old 01-15-2011, 09:14 AM   #4511
eeore39648 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Going to pick up the Synergy jacket in a bit. Got to pick up a new turn signal flasher. Install the power cable for the jacket liner, and new flasher. Hopefully get to test it out this afternoon.
Old 01-15-2011, 11:07 AM   #4512
carabnsol
should have been a cowboy

Oddometer: 2,162
Where did I go wrong?

My son just bought a KLR! At least he bought the faster black one. It is a really nice bike, 2009 with 3000 miles, new back tire, corbin seat, sw mototech crash bars and skid plate, hard case.
Old 01-15-2011, 11:27 AM   #4513
eeore39648 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by carabnsol View Post
My son just bought a KLR! At least he bought the faster black one. It is a really nice bike, 2009 with 3000 miles, new back tire, corbin seat, sw mototech crash bars and skid plate, hard case.
Clap! Clap!
Where did you go wrong, that Versys is way cool!
Old 01-15-2011, 04:44 PM   #4514
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer

well i spent all but 3 hours today under my car... that 2 hour job took all day. i did however get to use two of the free hours to clean my shop and get started on the XR. the front rim is FUBARed I got it strate enough to work to test the bike on my place but it will never touch pavement even after I get it welded. I shot carb cleaner down the exhaust ports today and the valves seep. Going to take it over to my DAD and we're going to do a little more testing . i've got a valve grinder if they are bent it's so slight a light grinding should fix it. that will save me 75 bucks. I still have to find a oil cooler.

Wish i could of when ridding with U.J. today but the cards where stacked against me.
Old 01-15-2011, 04:55 PM   #4515
eeore39648 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeore39648 View Post
Going to pick up the Synergy jacket in a bit. Got to pick up a new turn signal flasher. Install the power cable for the jacket liner, and new flasher. Hopefully get to test it out this afternoon.
Picked up the Synergy jacket. Installed the power cable, and went for a ride.
Whoa! Comfy! After about 20 miles. The XR seemed to have no problem running the liner.