ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-03-2011, 08:57 AM   #5911
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer
 
backwoodsKLR's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Central Mississippi
Oddometer: 9,287
Quote:
Originally Posted by noR View Post
Guess I got the last one.
MotoStupidstore, BilkBandit, etc. They are all out of the size rear I need. Guess I get to ride this one out a bit...
backwoodsKLR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 08:58 AM   #5912
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer
 
backwoodsKLR's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Central Mississippi
Oddometer: 9,287
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfrgreg View Post
How long do they last?
I get 4k to 5k out of each rear and 6-10K out of each front. And at $55 a piece, delivered to my door, that's hard to beat on a full knobby!!!
backwoodsKLR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:16 AM   #5913
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer
 
Switchblade315's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: personal hell
Oddometer: 5,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsKLR View Post
MotoStupidstore, BilkBandit, etc. They are all out of the size rear I need. Guess I get to ride this one out a bit...
wow you wheren't lieing... no one has that sucker. i even looked at a few of my fall backs for tires. all back ordered or arriving soon.
__________________
When I die bury me upside down so the whole world can kiss my ass.

"My mind jumped off the high dive into the deep end of the gutter and took scuba gear with it" Me.
Switchblade315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:21 AM   #5914
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer
 
backwoodsKLR's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Central Mississippi
Oddometer: 9,287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switchblade315 View Post
wow you wheren't lieing... no one has that sucker. i even looked at a few of my fall backs for tires. all back ordered or arriving soon.
I am slowly trying to build a supply of parts in my garage (air filters, oil filters, oil, misc bolts, fuses, and other stuff) for my KLR. I think I might start keeping an extra set of tires, so I know I have them when I need them and never have to wait on delivery.
backwoodsKLR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:52 AM   #5915
DavidQ
We Don't Rent Pigs
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Brandon, MS
Oddometer: 1,977
Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsKLR View Post
I am slowly trying to build a supply of parts in my garage (air filters, oil filters, oil, misc bolts, fuses, and other stuff) for my KLR. I think I might start keeping an extra set of tires, so I know I have them when I need them and never have to wait on delivery.

You should also keep 7 or 8 spare tubes.
__________________
2001 1150GS / Ural Hack
2011 990 Adv R
Colorado / Utah 2010
Colorado / Utah 2011
NM, CO, UT, AZ 2012
DavidQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:54 AM   #5916
MSrider
Rebel with a sixfiddy
 
MSrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Florence, Mizzippi
Oddometer: 4,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidQ View Post
You should also keep 7 or 8 spare tubes.
that's funny
__________________
KOKA
MSrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:05 AM   #5917
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer
 
backwoodsKLR's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Central Mississippi
Oddometer: 9,287
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidQ View Post
You should also keep 7 or 8 spare tubes.

Yep. Those are on the list, too!
backwoodsKLR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:19 AM   #5918
MSrider
Rebel with a sixfiddy
 
MSrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Florence, Mizzippi
Oddometer: 4,271
Just get some good patches, your tube will last a long time.
I started picking up tires when mine are about half worn out, or when my size are in stock, sometimes I buy two of them. It saves a lot of headache when it comes down to needing to change a tire for a ride. I have two rears ready to go right now, and two fronts.
__________________
KOKA
MSrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:42 AM   #5919
CrashDummy
Beastly Adventurer
 
CrashDummy's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Madison, MS
Oddometer: 1,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidQ View Post
You should also keep 7 or 8 spare tubes.
It's a KLR, he should keep 7 or 8 spare everythings
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by garandman
If you posted a thread on Face Plant that you crashed because an eagle attacked your helmet, you'd get five people saying how you should know better than to paint your helmet _________ and another five who will suggest you should have taken the MSF Eagle Avoidance course. Then another five will say the Eagle Avoidance Course sucks....
CrashDummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:43 AM   #5920
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer
 
backwoodsKLR's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Central Mississippi
Oddometer: 9,287
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashDummy View Post
It's a Benelli, so you should keep 7 or 8 spare everythings since it takes 4 or 5 years to order parts from the motherland...
FIXED THAT FOR YOU!!!
backwoodsKLR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:45 AM   #5921
CrashDummy
Beastly Adventurer
 
CrashDummy's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Madison, MS
Oddometer: 1,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsKLR View Post
FIXED THAT FOR YOU!!!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by garandman
If you posted a thread on Face Plant that you crashed because an eagle attacked your helmet, you'd get five people saying how you should know better than to paint your helmet _________ and another five who will suggest you should have taken the MSF Eagle Avoidance course. Then another five will say the Eagle Avoidance Course sucks....
CrashDummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:48 AM   #5922
MSrider
Rebel with a sixfiddy
 
MSrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Florence, Mizzippi
Oddometer: 4,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashDummy
It's a Benelli, so you have to keep 7 or 8 spare everythings since it takes 4 or 5 years to order parts from the motherland...
Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsKLR View Post
FIXED THAT FOR YOU!!!
TKO!!!!!
__________________
KOKA
MSrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:55 AM   #5923
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer
 
backwoodsKLR's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Central Mississippi
Oddometer: 9,287
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashDummy View Post

Hey, if I had a few $K to spare, I might make you an offer on it. Looks like a fun bike... But as, I said before and echo often... Daddy broke and can't afford no second bike!!!
backwoodsKLR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 11:01 AM   #5924
CrashDummy
Beastly Adventurer
 
CrashDummy's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Madison, MS
Oddometer: 1,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsKLR View Post
Hey, if I had a few $K to spare, I might make you an offer on it. Looks like a fun bike... But as, I said before and echo often... Daddy broke and can't afford no second bike!!!
I did get an offer to trade for a 2008 KLR a few days ago, and I almost took him up on it but he couldn't throw in as much cash with his bike as I needed.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by garandman
If you posted a thread on Face Plant that you crashed because an eagle attacked your helmet, you'd get five people saying how you should know better than to paint your helmet _________ and another five who will suggest you should have taken the MSF Eagle Avoidance course. Then another five will say the Eagle Avoidance Course sucks....
CrashDummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 11:02 AM   #5925
MSrider
Rebel with a sixfiddy
 
MSrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Florence, Mizzippi
Oddometer: 4,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashDummy View Post
I did get an offer to trade for a 2008 KLR a few days ago, and I almost took him up on it but he couldn't throw in as much cash with his bike as I needed.
Is that a Green KLR by chance?
__________________
KOKA
MSrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014