Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2009, 06:09 PM   #61
wolfy317
Beemer lover

Oddometer: 3,425
I'm in starkville, but might not mind a jaunt down to jackson for a ride here and there. I live across the street from Anticyclone (for the time being....traitor), and I doubt he'd mind a ride or 3 either.

allen

'71 BMW R75/5 | 06 BMW K1200R
wolfy317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 05:45 AM   #62
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,301
I hope it is okay to cross-post something like this. I took this off a MS riders forum posted by a manager from Buffalo Wild Wings:

Quote:
Just to clarify some questions we have been getting at the resteraunt lately, Thursdays will stay bike night. That will not change as long as i am bar manager there. Same discounts on food for riders 20% every thursday from open to close.

The questions come from our Sunday posters with Miller Lite

Sundays in June only so far, we are hosting a Bike Showoff with Got Gear and Gray Daniels.

This is open to any and all makes, there are no classes. it is an open class showoff with top 3 winning prize packs from Got Gear, Gray Daniels and Miller Lite.

T-Shirts are GIVEN to all entrants, Miller is giving away shirts and signature glasses to everyone, along with other stuff.

As for Prizes

weekly winners:
1st place, $50.00 gift card to Got Gear, Free service coupon from Gray Daniels, thats like 60-70 bucks for an oil change, and a trophy from Miller Lite along with a KEY to the Harley 883 Hugger giveaway on August 29th.

2nd place: $30.00 gift card to Got Gear, Coupon from Gray Daniels for a free service, and a trophy from Miller Lite

3rd place: $20.00 gift card from Got Gear, free service coupon from Gray Daniels and a trophy from MIller Lite

the 3 weekly winners will meet on the last Sunday of June, thats the 28th, where the overall winner will get 5 more keys to the Miller Harley giveaway and a $100.00 gift card to Got Gear.

winner take all the last week.

PLUS, the 20% discount on food applies on Sundays as well for all riders.

The shows are from 1 to 4, judging from 3 to 4. discount applies from open to close.

Hope to see you there, bring your ride and see if you can win it!
backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 05:03 AM   #63
eeore39648 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,940
Manooka OHV Park Alabaster, AL

Whats up, everyone. Went to AL, last Thursday. Rode there with my best freind and his family. It was awesome. My son did well on all the trails, I was very proud.
I am scheduled to have new tires mounted today. The Kickstand will be doing the work. I am going with a 60-40 split.
Anyone care to comment?
Plan on trying them out this evening.
eeore39648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 04:52 AM   #64
eeore39648 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeore39648
Whats up, everyone. Went to AL, last Thursday. Rode there with my best freind and his family. It was awesome. My son did well on all the trails, I was very proud.
I am scheduled to have new tires mounted today. The Kickstand will be doing the work. I am going with a 60-40 split.
Anyone care to comment?
Plan on trying them out this evening.
The new tires are a bit taller than the stock tires. So, far I like them, really to early to tell. They balanced each wheel, but one seems to be unbalanced.
Anyone know a simple test to check them? I know I can't balance it. But if it is off balance I would like to be confident it is, before I take it back.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:34 AM   #65
carabnsol
should have been a cowboy

Oddometer: 2,038
Take wheel off and put axle through the wheel. Then suspend wheel by the axle ends so the wheel can rotate. If balanced the wheel shouldn't move, if not, the heavy side will rotate down.
carabnsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 09:26 AM   #66
eatalotapeaches
finding my own way

Oddometer: 1,461
checking in

This is Daniel checking in. I live in Jackson and have a Triumph Tiger and a DRZ400. I usually pack the Tiger and haul over a few states to go camping near the mountains. I would like to meet up and learn some back roads around here. (after I retrieve my bikes from Atlanta... I deserted them after a get off at Eastern Rendevous).

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul. Psalm 143:8
eatalotapeaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 10:27 AM   #67
carabnsol
should have been a cowboy

Oddometer: 2,038
http://tidyville.roadstarclinic.com/balance.html

article on balancing motorcycle wheels
carabnsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 10:36 AM   #68
Trophy1298
Vicarious Cowboy

Oddometer: 5,505
Hey Daniel.

Hope all is well after the off. Looks like we will be putting together a full day ride soon. Would like to see the DRZ in action.

Later,
Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatalotapeaches
This is Daniel checking in. I live in Jackson and have a Triumph Tiger and a DRZ400. I usually pack the Tiger and haul over a few states to go camping near the mountains. I would like to meet up and learn some back roads around here. (after I retrieve my bikes from Atlanta... I deserted them after a get off at Eastern Rendevous).
Old 06-17-2009, 10:43 AM   #69
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

I was scheduled to be out of town Saturday, but it looks like that fell through. I may try to get some more miles on the KLR Saturday, possibly grab the MS Tag if it has not moved by then. I may even take a "mental health" day on Friday to get more miles in...
Old 06-17-2009, 11:36 AM   #70
Trophy1298
Vicarious Cowboy

I might can swing it Friday, but not Saturday. I am taking the family to Waterfest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsKLR
I was scheduled to be out of town Saturday, but it looks like that fell through. I may try to get some more miles on the KLR Saturday, possibly grab the MS Tag if it has not moved by then. I may even take a "mental health" day on Friday to get more miles in...
Old 06-17-2009, 11:52 AM   #71
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trophy1298
I might can swing it Friday, but not Saturday. I am taking the family to Waterfest.
If you want to do some ridin' Friday, just let me know and I'll take a day of vacation in a heart beat!!
Old 06-17-2009, 12:10 PM   #72
Trophy1298
Vicarious Cowboy

I'll let you know tomorrow. I should know by then.

Quote:
If you want to do some ridin' Friday, just let me know and I'll take a day of vacation in a heart beat!!
Old 06-18-2009, 05:02 AM   #73
eeore39648 OP
Beastly Adventurer

I am up for Saturday

Quote:
Hey I am up for a Saturday ride. Cant do Friday, been off to often recently.

eatalotapeaches let us know when you get the bikes. Either bike I would like to see either bike in action. RezSailor Knows of some interesting backroads around the rez. You might want to contact him.

backwoodsKLR Want to meet up and get the tag Saturday?

RezSailor You up for Saturday?

carabnsol Thanks for the info on the wheel balanciing, I will check out the link. Yesterday I contacted The Kickstand, they said it balanced out, dead on. And suggested I check the air pressures. I did, the front 30 PSI, rear 32PSI. I lowered it to the manufaturescold pressure suggestion, front 22 PSI, rear 18 PSI. Took is for a spin. it seemed to correct the problem.
Thanks again!
Old 06-18-2009, 10:59 AM   #74
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeore39648
Hey I am up for a Saturday ride. Cant do Friday, been off to often recently.

eatalotapeaches let us know when you get the bikes. Either bike I would like to see either bike in action. RezSailor Knows of some interesting backroads around the rez. You might want to contact him.

backwoodsKLR Want to meet up and get the tag Saturday?

RezSailor You up for Saturday?

carabnsol Thanks for the info on the wheel balanciing, I will check out the link. Yesterday I contacted The Kickstand, they said it balanced out, dead on. And suggested I check the air pressures. I did, the front 30 PSI, rear 32PSI. I lowered it to the manufaturescold pressure suggestion, front 22 PSI, rear 18 PSI. Took is for a spin. it seemed to correct the problem.
Thanks again!
I just got approval from work to take tomorrow off... Depending on my kids schedules, I might be available both Friday and Saturday if anyone wants to do some riding / Tag Moving...
Old 06-18-2009, 12:08 PM   #75
Trophy1298
Vicarious Cowboy

Quote:
I just got approval from work to take tomorrow off... Depending on my kids schedules, I might be available both Friday and Saturday if anyone wants to do some riding / Tag Moving...

I won't be able to get away to ride much Fri or Sat. Hope you guys get some good miles in, and take lots of pics.