Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2012, 03:45 AM   #9736
RoyQ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switchblade315 View Post
I was looking for trailer ideas and ran across this.

http://www.motorcycletrailerstore.co...roducts_id=190

I now want one.
Terry at http://www.trikesandbikesinc.com/ can hook you up he has them in stock.
WERA Expert #826
RoyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 03:49 AM   #9737
RoyQ
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticyclone View Post
The wheelies going the wrong way down a public road however...

and the amount of vehicle traffic on it was unreal
WERA Expert #826
Old 02-16-2012, 05:32 AM   #9738
Anticyclone
Ride more worry less

Oddometer: 5,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyQ View Post
and the amount of vehicle traffic on it was unreal
You're right, there is none. Think of the children Roy! What if some small child witnessed that from their minivan (assuming they tore themselves away from the in car TV ) and grow up to ride a motorcycle?

I had to drop something off at a church yesterday. Of course the church had a preschool. I rolled up on the Tiger and those kids came running toward the fence. I briefly contemplated a wheelie, but I'm just not good enough to wheelie at idle speed. I did add a little blip of the throttle though. I know, such a hooligan.
Anticyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 05:49 AM   #9739
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,024
Quote:
Terry at http://www.trikesandbikesinc.com/ can hook you up he has them in stock.

It shows the bigger ones on his site. the FZ would probably pull one of those but I need to stop as well But I may have to ride down and check on out. Would bet the hell out of sleeping on the ground.

And Anti. you are right, think of the kids. i can't ride the FZ to town with out seeing a kid in the back seat of a car and getting the pop a wheel motion from them. I didn't watch the video I don't need to, it's the same thing in every video of that nature. if people want to stunt ride if should be done the same way people that race do things. on a closed coarse. Never should it be done in a open city street. Popping a small wheelie is one thing but holding said wheelie for 30 yards or more is uncalled for.

and that's my rant for the day..

"My mind jumped off the high dive into the deep end of the gutter and took scuba gear with it" Me.

Switchblade315 screwed with this post 02-16-2012 at 05:56 AM
Switchblade315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 06:03 AM   #9740
Anticyclone
Ride more worry less

Plus at $3.65/gal for 89 octane, I can't afford to wheelie. I wonder if I'd fit on a Ninja 250 or a CBR250?
Old 02-16-2012, 06:03 AM   #9741
Supahflid
Wheelieless

Oddometer: 3,610
Quote:
I did add a little blip of the throttle though. I know, such a hooligan.
I got two things to say about that: Bad. Ass.

You still enjoying the blue beast?
Supahflid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 06:11 AM   #9742
Anticyclone
Ride more worry less

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supahflid View Post
I got two things to say about that: Bad. Ass.

You still enjoying the blue beast?
Yep!

I'm getting to know it too well though. Had the bodywork and tank off and on three times now with those damn Denali lights. Twisted Throttle is making good on them and giving me a refund after multiple attempts to fix the flickering issue. Last time I had the bike stripped down, lights removed and bodywork installed in 45 minutes.

I still don't know if it's a compatibility issue with the Tiger's electrical system or poor quality control with the lights . I know others have had some issues though...
Old 02-16-2012, 06:48 AM   #9743
RoyQ
Beastly Adventurer

Well all I got to say is I hope y'all influence a bunch a kids in th proper direction.me I don't have any rug rats (don't want any) to influence and to be honest most rug rats I see today could use some influence whether it be a good wheelie or a ass whooping.

switch they go a lot further than 30 yards. I have personally seen one go 5 miles at 70 mph on one wheel I like wheelies, gets my blood pumping. Sad thing is for me a shaft drive bike is the worst wheelie platform on the planet (S10 no good) but lucky for me I also have the best wheelie machine on the planet, GSXR1000 I like the street fighter approach so many are using today makes way more sense. Take a beat up pos sportbike and transform it into a wheelie machine, gearing, hand brake for rear brake, wide bars, crash cage, no fairing, thats good stuff. My old DRZ400SM was the wheelie king and I could not even swing a leg over it without doing a wheelie.

Wheelies can go wrong, I have a TI plate and 8 screws in my left arm as proof that a GSXR750 will throw you off. But that has not stopped me its and addiction similar to using drugs or alcohol. I try to wheelie anything I get on first thing off the bat.

Switch he can most likely get you what ever you want he is a dealer on them. He was working a sale on one saturday when I stopped in to chat with him. Terry's good people.
WERA Expert #826
Old 02-16-2012, 06:49 AM   #9744
RoyQ
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Yep!

I'm getting to know it too well though. Had the bodywork and tank off and on three times now with those damn Denali lights. Twisted Throttle is making good on them and giving me a refund after multiple attempts to fix the flickering issue. Last time I had the bike stripped down, lights removed and bodywork installed in 45 minutes.

I still don't know if it's a compatibility issue with the Tiger's electrical system or poor quality control with the lights . I know others have had some issues though...
My Denali's have been rock solid and flawless. That Yamaha is throwing some serious wattage off the alternator though, around 600.
WERA Expert #826
Old 02-16-2012, 06:53 AM   #9745
Supahflid
Wheelieless

Quote:
Yep!

Wow, that sucks you've had to remove all that stuff so many times. I dunno either; you couldn't fill up a thimble with my electrical knowledge and I don't think I ever did any electrical work other than get power to the gps.

At least Twisted Throttle is taking care of it for you.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:12 AM   #9746
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,024
Quote:
Well all I got to say is I hope y'all influence a bunch a kids in th proper direction.me I don't have any rug rats (don't want any) to influence and to be honest most rug rats I see today could use some influence whether it be a good wheelie or a ass whooping.

switch they go a lot further than 30 yards. I have personally seen one go 5 miles at 70 mph on one wheel I like wheelies, gets my blood pumping. Sad thing is for me a shaft drive bike is the worst wheelie platform on the planet (S10 no good) but lucky for me I also have the best wheelie machine on the planet, GSXR1000 I like the street fighter approach so many are using today makes way more sense. Take a beat up pos sportbike and transform it into a wheelie machine, gearing, hand brake for rear brake, wide bars, crash cage, no fairing, thats good stuff. My old DRZ400SM was the wheelie king and I could not even swing a leg over it without doing a wheelie.

Wheelies can go wrong, I have a TI plate and 8 screws in my left arm as proof that a GSXR750 will throw you off. But that has not stopped me its and addiction similar to using drugs or alcohol. I try to wheelie anything I get on first thing off the bat.

Switch he can most likely get you what ever you want he is a dealer on them. He was working a sale on one saturday when I stopped in to chat with him. Terry's good people.
I have to agree a good wheelie does get the hart pumping, And Like you I've seen them carry a wheelie for miles. And the guys that make a street fighter and use it in a blocked off parking lot for stunt shows, I like those guys , they have turned stunt rideing into a sport. What bugs me is the ones that do it on the road. I can't support something that keeps giving bikes a bad image, so much so that it has caused insurance compinys to black list a bike just because it looks like one these guys are riding. I look at rideing bikes from a racer vew, and more so from a dirtbike racer view. You need to know how to pull a controlled wheelie but riding one for a long time has no performance value.

And on the camper noat. I won't be getting on this year but maybe next year now that I just payed off 5 bills I've been paying on for the last 3 years. I'm now down to my house one car, one credit card that got ran up when me and my wife where both out of work for a few months, and a lawyer bill. I hope to make a dent in those this year. But that give me a year to research and save and plain. and and and...

"My mind jumped off the high dive into the deep end of the gutter and took scuba gear with it" Me.
Switchblade315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:26 AM   #9747
Supahflid
Wheelieless

Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsKLR View Post
All I get it "The URL contained a malformed video ID."
I get that sometimes too.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:34 AM   #9748
RoyQ
Beastly Adventurer

Links work fine must be operator error
WERA Expert #826
Old 02-16-2012, 11:36 AM   #9749
Supahflid
Wheelieless

Quote:
Links work fine must be operator error
Quoted for the "technically challenged."
Old 02-16-2012, 11:52 AM   #9750
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supahflid View Post
I get that sometimes too.

Sorry. Broke my self imposed ban from posting on ADV. I apologize and return you to your normally scheduled programming...

backwoodsKLR screwed with this post 02-16-2012 at 02:16 PM
backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote