Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2012, 08:30 AM   #9916
Supahflid
Wheelieless

Oddometer: 3,739
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightwork View Post
well I don't care if it rains this coming weekend -I am going riding somewhere-somehow-someway

dealing with the wife-mother-in-law, daughter who will not listen(of course I know that all of us adults?? are morons according to the young), the wonderful world of the US Govt's workforce (quality personnel) the only thing is where I wind up at--but it will be somewhere
Now that is unlike you to have an opinion; usually you keep all of your angst inside. I would ride with you, but I have to be in FL for a wedding. Who the Hell gets married on Easter Weekend?
Supahflid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:30 AM   #9917
Supahflid
Wheelieless

Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsKLR View Post
It's different for people that know how to work on their own and take care of them. (Like you.) I paid about $4K to have my boat for 8 years. Was well worth it, to me!
My experience will be a lot closer to BW's! I hate a boat.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:33 AM   #9918
CrashDummy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supahflid View Post
I thought boats hated you
If you posted a thread on Face Plant that you crashed because an eagle attacked your helmet, you'd get five people saying how you should know better than to paint your helmet _________ and another five who will suggest you should have taken the MSF Eagle Avoidance course. Then another five will say the Eagle Avoidance Course sucks....
CrashDummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:34 AM   #9919
Supahflid
Wheelieless

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashDummy View Post
I thought boats hated you
Yes! And front tires too!
Old 04-03-2012, 08:51 AM   #9920
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supahflid View Post

Hey now, I LOVE BOATS and will have another one one day, probably when girls are out of college. My boat never stranded me, let me down, etc. it got me home after hitting a log or gator mid channel up river. Insurance paid for it.

MSRIDER is right about the time with chillrens! Making memories that can't be beat!!!

I'm just sporting the 1 Backwoods powered boat for now!!!

backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:31 AM   #9921
DavidQ
We Don't Rent Pigs

Oddometer: 2,055
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightwork View Post
well I don't care if it rains this coming weekend -I am going riding somewhere-somehow-someway

dealing with the wife-mother-in-law, daughter who will not listen(of course I know that all of us adults?? are morons according to the young), the wonderful world of the US Govt's workforce (quality personnel) the only thing is where I wind up at--but it will be somewhere

I will be riding Saturday. Let me know if you want to come along.
Colorado / Utah 2011
NM, CO, UT, AZ 2012
DavidQ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:45 AM   #9922
MSrider
Rebel with a sixfiddy

Oddometer: 4,276
Thumb Yaks

Now that is a cool way to enjoy the river.
I will own another big boat in the future also, but now is the time(gas=$4 gl. ) to get down in the water like that. Thass cool right there.

David, are y'all talking off road or backroads?
Old 04-03-2012, 10:21 AM   #9923
CrashDummy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,318
I thought I might have something profound to say for my 1000th post, but I guess not. 10,000th post in the Jackson thread though
If you posted a thread on Face Plant that you crashed because an eagle attacked your helmet, you'd get five people saying how you should know better than to paint your helmet _________ and another five who will suggest you should have taken the MSF Eagle Avoidance course. Then another five will say the Eagle Avoidance Course sucks....
CrashDummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:27 AM   #9924
DavidQ
We Don't Rent Pigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSrider View Post
Now that is a cool way to enjoy the river.
I will own another big boat in the future also, but now is the time(gas=$4 gl. ) to get down in the water like that. Thass cool right there.

David, are y'all talking off road or backroads?

Not sure yet. I was planning on a ride to LA to visit family but that's not happening now. It will more than likely include gravel but no "offroad" stuff.
Colorado / Utah 2011
NM, CO, UT, AZ 2012
Old 04-03-2012, 01:28 PM   #9925
Anticyclone
Ride more worry less

Oddometer: 5,707
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashDummy View Post
I thought I might have something profound to say for my 1000th post, but I guess not. 10,000th post in the Jackson thread though
What are the odds?
Anticyclone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:28 PM   #9926
Knightwork
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidQ View Post
I will be riding Saturday. Let me know if you want to come along.
If the good Lord is willing and the creek don't rise-well over the handlebars i will be honored to ride with a professional

i might even buy lunch

Got to work tonight then haul the track team to Jackson Aca twice tommorrow--beat feet home and get a little sleep---then work wed night and --dash home get some sleep then drive the baseball and tennis teams to hattiesburg Thursday----sleep while they play and then come back to forest and work ---then I should be able to get some good rest Friday AM and be ready to go Fri afternoon for a short ride( no more than 3 or 4 hours worth) --strictly for medicenal purposes--and be jacked up for a Sat ride----COOL

I LIKE TROPHY'S SAYING "GOTTA GET AWAY"

'09 R1200GSA (Frau Brueller)

Knightwork screwed with this post 04-03-2012 at 08:17 PM
Knightwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:35 PM   #9927
Knightwork
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,036
i FORGOT i HAD TO DEAL WITH THE LOCAL POLICE DEPT TODAY BECAUSE MY DAUGHTER DECIDED THAT THE CURRENT SPPED LIMIT OF 45 WAS MUCH TO SLOW

So she will have the priviledge and honor of participating in the MHP Safety Course Thurs night from 5:30-9:30---

and maybe if she passes the course then the ticket will be taken off her record --but she doesn't like what it is going to cost her to work it out with her mom and I

'09 R1200GSA (Frau Brueller)
Knightwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:45 AM   #9928
txtrout
n00b

Oddometer: 5
HI guys,
I'm new to the forum and was planning on a road trip from TX to GA. I have done this many times in a car via I-10 but I would like to take a little more of a scenic route. I will be traveling from New Braunfels, TX to Albany Ga, then head north to Toccoa , GA for a fam reunion and head home from there. Dates will be 5/31-6/10. Thanks for any help that you may have!
txtrout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:27 AM   #9929
MSrider
Rebel with a sixfiddy

Oddometer: 4,276
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtrout View Post
HI guys,
I'm new to the forum and was planning on a road trip from TX to GA. I have done this many times in a car via I-10 but I would like to take a little more of a scenic route. I will be traveling from New Braunfels, TX to Albany Ga, then head north to Toccoa , GA for a fam reunion and head home from there. Dates will be 5/31-6/10. Thanks for any help that you may have!

There are a lot of guys in the Jackson area that know some good routes down south of here, but try the guys in the "South Ms. Riders" section, they know some good stuff down there. Have a good trip.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=388756
Old 04-04-2012, 08:45 AM   #9930
DavidQ
We Don't Rent Pigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtrout View Post
HI guys,

That's a tough route. My best recommendation is to just parallel I-10 on some small country roads on the way out. Once you get to N Georgia there are countless great roads. Just pick one and go. On your way home, route through TN and NE AL. You could spend weeks in that area and not see everything.
Colorado / Utah 2011
NM, CO, UT, AZ 2012