ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-13-2012, 10:13 PM   #10396
Trophy1298
Vicarious Cowboy
 
Trophy1298's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: THE SOUTH
Oddometer: 5,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightwork View Post
Happy Birthday BW ---BET YOU DID NOT THINK YOU WOULD MAKE IT THIS LONG huh???

WITH IT COMES CREAKING OF JOINTS(not smoking them-unless it is for medicianl purposes)

AND ACHES AND PAINS --- WELCOME TO THE OLD FOLKS CLUB

You kill me.


Happy b-day (again) BW.
__________________
I'll be back....
Trophy1298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:52 AM   #10397
Knightwork
Studly Adventurer
 
Knightwork's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Mississippi
Oddometer: 976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trophy1298 View Post
You kill me.


Happy b-day (again) BW.
Now how can I do that --you don't ever get to ride with me---hard to make it look like an accident and collect on that INS. without the proper combination--you know how us carnivores are-always preying on those unsuspecting grazing animals
__________________

'09 R1200GSA (Frau Brueller)
Knightwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 07:10 AM   #10398
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer
 
backwoodsKLR's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Central Mississippi
Oddometer: 9,480
Sorry... been driving all night, except for a break from D#2....

Thanks guys. With friends like y'all, who needs enemies?
__________________
2013 Tiger 800XC
Explore: Backwoods, MS
MS Tag-O-Rama Map / Jackson, MS Local Tag-O-Rama Map

backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 03:13 PM   #10399
Trophy1298
Vicarious Cowboy
 
Trophy1298's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: THE SOUTH
Oddometer: 5,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsKLR View Post
Sorry... been driving all night, except for a break from D#2....

Thanks guys. With friends like y'all, who needs enemies?

You think we're your friends???











Don't drive sleepy. Make those girls take the wheel.
__________________
I'll be back....
Trophy1298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 07:29 PM   #10400
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer
 
backwoodsKLR's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Central Mississippi
Oddometer: 9,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trophy1298 View Post
You think we're your friends???





Don't drive sleepy. Make those girls take the wheel.

I didn't include you in that statement... I know what you are!
__________________
2013 Tiger 800XC
Explore: Backwoods, MS
MS Tag-O-Rama Map / Jackson, MS Local Tag-O-Rama Map

backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 08:55 PM   #10401
Trophy1298
Vicarious Cowboy
 
Trophy1298's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: THE SOUTH
Oddometer: 5,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsKLR View Post
I didn't include you in that statement... I know what you are!
? lol
__________________
I'll be back....
Trophy1298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 07:17 AM   #10402
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer
 
backwoodsKLR's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Central Mississippi
Oddometer: 9,480
For DQ and anyone else awake at 7:15 Mountain Time, I created a thread over in INMATES for my current adventure...

http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...5#post19133115
__________________
2013 Tiger 800XC
Explore: Backwoods, MS
MS Tag-O-Rama Map / Jackson, MS Local Tag-O-Rama Map

backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 10:46 AM   #10403
DavidQ
We Don't Rent Pigs
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Brandon, MS
Oddometer: 2,034
Keep it up, and have fun.



Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsKLR View Post
For DQ and anyone else awake at 7:15 Mountain Time, I created a thread over in INMATES for my current adventure...

http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...5#post19133115
__________________
2001 1150GS / Ural Hack
2011 990 Adv R
Colorado / Utah 2010
Colorado / Utah 2011
NM, CO, UT, AZ 2012
DavidQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 03:32 PM   #10404
ridgerunnerinla
Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Oddometer: 38
Anyone up for a ride around the 20th of july

Hey I am from north LA if anyone is up for a ride in missy around then drop me a pm.
ridgerunnerinla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:07 PM   #10405
thewxman
Adventurer
 
thewxman's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Bryan, TX
Oddometer: 33
Does anyone know of a good mechanic? I stripped out a screw on the throttle body when I was trying to re-jet it, and I messed things up even more when I tried to get it out .
thewxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:26 PM   #10406
carabnsol
should have been a cowboy
 
carabnsol's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Mississippi
Oddometer: 2,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewxman View Post
Does anyone know of a good mechanic? I stripped out a screw on the throttle body when I was trying to re-jet it, and I messed things up even more when I tried to get it out .
pm sent
__________________
Mommas don't let your cowboys grow up to be babies
carabnsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 03:30 PM   #10407
Rob Dirt
More or less in line
 
Rob Dirt's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Mobile
Oddometer: 2,567
Well, I just had my first get-off on the Tiger. I started to low side in the pouring rain & hit a curb. The pass pegs survived (thank God). The forks twisted in the tree, but that's it. I was only going about 10mph when I hit the curb. I don't know if I should blame the rain, my tires, or the ABS. I tried to stop but couldn't get traction. Oh well, the adrenaline is almost gone. I guess I better go take another look for damage. I managed to ride 10,800 miles without dropping it one time. The worst part is now I have to listen to my wife lecture me about how dangerous motorcycles are
__________________
Heart of Dixie
Rob Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 03:57 PM   #10408
carabnsol
should have been a cowboy
 
carabnsol's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Mississippi
Oddometer: 2,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Dirt View Post
Well, I just had my first get-off on the Tiger. I started to low side in the pouring rain & hit a curb. The pass pegs survived (thank God). The forks twisted in the tree, but that's it. I was only going about 10mph when I hit the curb. I don't know if I should blame the rain, my tires, or the ABS. I tried to stop but couldn't get traction. Oh well, the adrenaline is almost gone. I guess I better go take another look for damage. I managed to ride 10,800 miles without dropping it one time. The worst part is now I have to listen to my wife lecture me about how dangerous motorcycles are
That sucks, but any crash you walk away from allows you to ride another day.
__________________
Mommas don't let your cowboys grow up to be babies
carabnsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 04:19 PM   #10409
DavidQ
We Don't Rent Pigs
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Brandon, MS
Oddometer: 2,034
Glad you are OK, Rob and hopefully there is not too much wrong with the bike.
__________________
2001 1150GS / Ural Hack
2011 990 Adv R
Colorado / Utah 2010
Colorado / Utah 2011
NM, CO, UT, AZ 2012
DavidQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 04:55 PM   #10410
Anticyclone
Ride more worry less
 
Anticyclone's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: In Transit
Oddometer: 5,563
Hate to hear that Rob. Hope you and the bike pull through fine. As for the wife... Can't help you there. I'm in the same boat.
__________________
Later,
Michael
"If I can't pass at a reasonable speed I do it unreasonably." - jdmetzger
Anticyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2015