Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2012, 06:58 AM   #10681
tslaw
aged n00b

Oddometer: 2,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switchblade315 View Post
Dang something stinks at work this morning. Sitting out back wating on 8 to go in, trying to enjoy the cool morning air and I keep getting my nose raped by some nasty funk. The bad thing is I didn't get to ride to work because my middle girl left her kes and licens in my oldest girls car. Yep its in Starkville at state so I have to drive my truck all week. I feel like I'm in one of those honda avertisments. I want to ride!

Can't do the hot springs trip tho. Oldest daugther sent me a text needing more money for State Monday. I be broke right now.
No missing customers, right? (sorry that was not pc)
tslaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:14 AM   #10682
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by tslaw View Post
No missing customers, right? (sorry that was not pc)

I was fighting the urge to post "Well is something dead around there?"
backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:27 AM   #10683
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,898
LoL. No we put the last one we had right now to rest yesterday. I figured out what it was. The legoons are just across the trace from here. Less then a mile probly. The wind was comeing from that diirection. And I figured so of you would get a good laugh out ot that this morning.

"My mind jumped off the high dive into the deep end of the gutter and took scuba gear with it" Me.
Switchblade315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 05:50 AM   #10684
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Who was it looking for tires the other day? Got Gear sent out their weekly email blast and it had a big blurb about:

"WE WILL MATCH ANY ONLINE PRICE ON TIRES" I wonder if they match the no sales tax part, too!
Old 08-23-2012, 06:54 AM   #10685
CrashDummy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,288
Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsKLR View Post
Who was it looking for tires the other day? Got Gear sent out their weekly email blast and it had a big blurb about:

"WE WILL MATCH ANY ONLINE PRICE ON TIRES" I wonder if they match the no sales tax part, too!
I'm about to start tire shopping myself, just noticed last night that I was a little past the wear indicator on both tires.
If you posted a thread on Face Plant that you crashed because an eagle attacked your helmet, you'd get five people saying how you should know better than to paint your helmet _________ and another five who will suggest you should have taken the MSF Eagle Avoidance course. Then another five will say the Eagle Avoidance Course sucks....
CrashDummy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:03 AM   #10686
RoyQ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,092
Quote:

Doubt it
WERA Expert #826
RoyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:00 AM   #10687
carabnsol
should have been a cowboy

Oddometer: 2,032
Quote:

I bought two tires there two weeks ago and they matched my lowest online price plus mounted the tires so I didn't mind the sales tax.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:26 AM   #10688
RoyQ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,092
Quote:
Originally Posted by carabnsol View Post
I bought two tires there two weeks ago and they matched my lowest online price plus mounted the tires so I didn't mind the sales tax.
I used to not mind that deal either but now I do my own
WERA Expert #826
RoyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:39 AM   #10689
MSrider
Rebel with a sixfiddy

Oddometer: 4,271
I mount my own tires more for my peace of mind than saving any money. If I need a tire now and they have it, I'll go there. GG does match online tire prices for me and will usually knock 10% off some of the accessories I buy from them. Not bad business.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:45 AM   #10690
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Almost got flattened by the same cage TWICE on my way to lunch...

riding in left lane past Renaissance on HCP and Camry beside me suddenly whips over in my lane as we are stopping for a red light. Look over and the driver has a cig on one paw and a wadded up paper with directions in the other. As I brake hard and swerve into turn lane, she finally sees me and swerves back into middle lane... Drives forward 15 feet and cuts back over in front of me at the red light... I cut over to the middle lane to avoid her for the second time and spend the entire length of the redlight giving her the ADV salute... I hate stupid people... And no, she wasn't even turning, just suddenly thought she wanted to be in that lane... Should have kicked her mirror off and R_U_N_N_O_F_T!!!
Old 08-23-2012, 11:15 AM   #10691
vfrgreg
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 770
Quote:
Almost got flattened by the same cage TWICE on my way to lunch...

riding in left lane past Renaissance on HCP and Camry beside me suddenly whips over in my lane as we are stopping for a red light. Look over and the driver has a cig on one paw and a wadded up paper with directions in the other. As I brake hard and swerve into turn lane, she finally sees me and swerves back into middle lane... Drives forward 15 feet and cuts back over in front of me at the red light... I cut over to the middle lane to avoid her for the second time and spend the entire length of the redlight giving her the ADV salute... I hate stupid people... And no, she wasn't even turning, just suddenly thought she wanted to be in that lane... Should have kicked her mirror off and R_U_N_N_O_F_T!!!
A boot print/dent in the side of that car would have looked nice and lasted longer than the salute ;)

R1200RT
vfrgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:52 PM   #10692
Trophy1298
Vicarious Cowboy

Oddometer: 5,505
Beagles??? Anyone know where I can find a Beagle puppy?

My son turns 7 in Sept. He has wanted a dof since he was 4. This year he was going to get a really nice Trek boys Mountain Bike that he has wanted. Getting ready for bed the other night he said, I really want a dog for my birthday. I said, "thought you wanted that bike?" He paused then said, "I'd rather have a dog. I can keep riding my old bike." That was the final step that showed me how serious he is about a dog.

We are thinking a beagle pup would be good. Not too big, but still active and can do much of the outdoor activities we like.

Any help is appreciated.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:20 PM   #10693
MSrider
Rebel with a sixfiddy

Oddometer: 4,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trophy1298 View Post
My son turns 7 in Sept. He has wanted a dof since he was 4. This year he was going to get a really nice Trek boys Mountain Bike that he has wanted. Getting ready for bed the other night he said, I really want a dog for my birthday. I said, "thought you wanted that bike?" He paused then said, "I'd rather have a dog. I can keep riding my old bike." That was the final step that showed me how serious he is about a dog.

We are thinking a beagle pup would be good. Not too big, but still active and can do much of the outdoor activities we like.

Any help is appreciated.
classic
Old 08-23-2012, 09:29 PM   #10694
OTRATT
On The Road All The Time

Oddometer: 161
Well, after thirteen days and 6200 miles I'm home. Super Tenere did great.
Rode thru Colorado and like DQ said you just can't get enough of the San Juans. Got rained out of Moab, 30 mile an hour winds and lightning. Spent two hours under the I70 over pass waiting on the lightning to pass. Made it to Bonneville during speed week, that was something to experience. Headed north thru Idaho, that was interesting with all the forest fires around. Made it to Glacier and the Going to the Sun road. Had three sections of construction of one lane traffic, which sucks on a bike!
Made it to Yellowstone, my favorite of the trip. Spent two and a half days riding around. Kinda mad that I chickened out on camping there. Left Yellowstone and hit Beartooth Pass and Chief Joseph Highway. Then to the Black Hills- Devils Tower, Crazy Horse, and Rushmore. To touristy, yeah I know I was one of them too, but some really good roads. Really surprised me and then the Bad Lands on the way out. Then two days of hauling ass to get home!
OTRATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:41 PM   #10695
Knightwork
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 862
Heck --It looks like Trophy's wife might be raising that boy RIGHT!!!!!!!

'09 R1200GSA (Frau Brueller)
Knightwork is offline   Reply With Quote