Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2012, 07:26 AM   #11251
RoyQ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsKLR View Post
Watch your saddlebags... especially if a French Motorcycle Journalist testing a new Yamaha on camera...

Damn I can only imagine what was going through his mind at that "point of no return"

One totaled FJR
WERA Expert #826
RoyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:37 AM   #11252
Anticyclone
Ride more worry less

Oddometer: 5,834
Quote:
Watch your saddlebags... especially if a French Motorcycle Journalist testing a new Yamaha on camera...
Those Yamaha bags must be stronger than the Triumph bags. I knocked one clean off and didn't even feel it

EDIT: Of course I'm not a limp wristed frenchman either...
Anticyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:40 AM   #11253
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticyclone View Post
Those Yamaha bags must be stronger than the Triumph bags. I knocked one clean off and didn't even feel it

EDIT: Of course I'm not a limp wristed frenchman either...

His comes off too... And I'm trying to pick out side bags for the Tiger, and my experience(s) tell me not to get factory Triumph bags and lean towards H&B Gobi's... They seem to take an impact well!! (Or maybe some Givi Trekkers...)

backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:46 AM   #11254
Rob Dirt
More or less in line

Oddometer: 2,567
I have Jesse Luggage for my Tiger. I love them for muti-day trips, but I can't get used to them for everyday riding. I like to squeeze between cages & curbs or other tight lines. When I have panniers, I feel like I might as well be in a cage. I know I'm just being weird but I can't get used to them on my bike. Most of the time I just use a top box for work & bags for normal rides.
From my last camp & ride.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:22 AM   #11255
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

In case you want to FLY through the work zone on I55 in Madison, here is what it will cost you: (If you get caught, then add insurance spikes, etc.)

Old 12-05-2012, 10:44 AM   #11256
carabnsol
should have been a cowboy

Oddometer: 2,160
Quote:
In case you want to FLY through the work zone on I55 in Madison, here is what it will cost you: (If you get caught, then add insurance spikes, etc.)

Yep, mine was right at $400 It's nothing more than another tax! I see Highway patrol on a regular basis speeding through there and they are NOT responding to an emergency. The officer that ticketed me said they were giving 15mph over the posted limit, which to me means the posted limit means nothing, so in essence there is no speed limit. I paid it anyway.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:52 AM   #11257
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by carabnsol View Post
Yep, mine was right at $400 It's nothing more than another tax! I see Highway patrol on a regular basis speeding through there and they are NOT responding to an emergency. The officer that ticketed me said they were giving 15mph over the posted limit, which to me means the posted limit means nothing, so in essence there is no speed limit. I paid it anyway.
I was on I-20 the other day, middle of the afternoon, middle of nowhere, and moved to the left lane to pass a slow truck. As I am passing the truck, I glance in my mirror and notice I am being tailgated by a white tahoe. I mean real close and gaining on me. So I gun the Tiger, shoot up faster, and get over in front of the truck and as the Tahoe floors it and goes by, I see some Sheriff type logo and "Delta Task Force" and see the hidden LED's in the grill... I didn't have my lanyard camera or I'd have sent pics into his boss. JERK!

Old 12-05-2012, 11:08 AM   #11258
carabnsol
should have been a cowboy

Oddometer: 2,160
Quote:
I was on I-20 the other day, middle of the afternoon, middle of nowhere, and moved to the left lane to pass a slow truck. As I am passing the truck, I glance in my mirror and notice I am being tailgated by a white tahoe. I mean real close and gaining on me. So I gun the Tiger, shoot up faster, and get over in front of the truck and as the Tahoe floors it and goes by, I see some Sheriff type logo and "Delta Task Force" and see the hidden LED's in the grill... I didn't have my lanyard camera or I'd have sent pics into his boss. JERK!
I did get pics of one the other day and considering sending it to one of the local t.v. news groups with a little story.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:15 AM   #11259
RoyQ
Beastly Adventurer

Just get a faster bike and they won't mess with you. Seen it happen first hand many times. They know when they're out gunned
WERA Expert #826
Old 12-05-2012, 11:20 AM   #11260
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyQ View Post
Just get a faster bike and they won't mess with you. Seen it happen first hand many times. They know when they're out gunned

I didn't know the one behind me was a cop until I shot up over 90 to get out of the way and he passed me (he surprised me). If I had noticed it was a cop behind me, I might have sat there going the speed limit unless he had blue lights on...

Old 12-05-2012, 01:17 PM   #11261
RoyQ
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
I didn't know the one behind me was a cop until I shot up over 90 to get out of the way and he passed me (he surprised me). If I had noticed it was a cop behind me, I might have sat there going the speed limit unless he had blue lights on...
These days they can be driving anything. I've had a state trooper come up behind me in a charger on 220 while on my GSXR. I was clippiong along at 100+ mph and bumping the front wheel up a few times on those whoops they had there. By the time I noticed him back there he'd seen it all I'm sure. He didn't do anything but pass me in the right lane, yea I was in the left lane and made no intention of getting over or slowing down. He knew that 1000 could be outta sight before he grabbed for the radio. He went by and we both made that eye contact. I don't run in a scenerio like that but if it's the opposite side of the road or I pass him hell no I ain't even rolling out of it in fact I'm hammer down. For the most part I pull over and it usually ends in "I appreciate you pulling over" "I bet that thing will fly" Yep it will.

Anywho I'm done with all those drama moments. I am taking that beast to a racetrack where there are no dogs, cops, antifreeze, cell phone drivers, drunks and stoopid people in general. And I can run all day long against a stopwatch.
WERA Expert #826
Old 12-05-2012, 03:02 PM   #11262
Anticyclone
Ride more worry less

Oddometer: 5,834
WooHoo, a cop hating thread! Must be winter after all...

Back when I was working in Jackson during the week a few years back, I'd come down on Monday mornings. Leave Starkville around 6 or 7. It became clear that there was training that started at 8:00 at the police academy out by Whitfield. Every week I'd be passed by multiple crown vic's from different agencies in the north part of the state coming down Hwy 25. Tupelo PD, Starkville PD, Columbus PD, various sheriff dept's, MHP of course. They would always run up around 100 and blow by me in my toyota truck like I was standing still. Occasionally I didn't see them until they scared the shit out of me.

It was both dangerous and wasteful (gas, wear and tear etc) when they could have just left 30 minutes earlier. They knew exactly what they were doing, what time to leave, and how fast to go to get there on time.
Anticyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:56 PM   #11263
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,777
I HATE! cops. 90% of them are a complete waste of our tax dollars. Even if you turned the bad ones in to the good one they're not going to do a damn thing because of that cop ass love that they all have going on. only two reasons they go into that line of work is because they are to sorry to do anything else and they want to drive fast.

ok rant over. i'll go back to my corner now.

"My mind jumped off the high dive into the deep end of the gutter and took scuba gear with it" Me.
Switchblade315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:19 PM   #11264
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Ouch... guess I shouldn't show this thread to the Flowood officer standing next to me at band practi ce.... :-)

sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

Old 12-05-2012, 04:31 PM   #11265
RoyQ
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Ouch... guess I shouldn't show this thread to the Flowood officer standing next to me at band practi ce.... :-)

sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2
That would have no effect on me what so ever. I dont go through Slowood unless I absolutely cannot go another way. Buncha ego maniacs over there.
WERA Expert #826