Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2012, 02:20 PM   #11446
Kingsized
Kingsized Adventurer

Oddometer: 710
Well, after many trips to Birmingham to the BMW shop, it looks as though I may get my bike back this Saturday!

Rear Swing arm replaced. When it broke, it damaged the final drive so it's been rebuilt. the clutch master cylinder assembly was a surprisingly high expense. replaced mirrors, windshield and hardware, blinker, mirrors, valve cover engine guards, left wind deflector, fog lights, brake master cylinder cap, and several other things I'm forgetting. I also managed after 7 hours with a couple hammers, to re-square my panniers enough to use. I also had to work to fix my bent crash bars and pannier racks. I also had them put my 60% Tourance in place of my old, badly scalloped TKC80 so I can feel if the handling isn't right.

They told me his goal is to finish the rebuild by Thursday so they can each test ride it and if anything else needs fixed, they have time to order those parts in time for my to still pick it up Saturday. It may cost me this years Christmas bonus, and it will count as my Christmas, Birthday and Anniversary but at least it turned out to be repairable.

So, good news so far. May it continue without any surprises!
Old 12-11-2012, 06:56 PM   #11447
Moose Lee
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Great news!
Moose Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:39 PM   #11448
Anticyclone
Ride more worry less

Oddometer: 5,244
Outstanding news! Fingers crossed on it coming back together correctly.
Anticyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:42 PM   #11449
Trophy1298
Vicarious Cowboy

Oddometer: 5,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsized View Post
Well, after many trips to Birmingham to the BMW shop, it looks as though I may get my bike back this Saturday!

Rear Swing arm replaced. When it broke, it damaged the final drive so it's been rebuilt. the clutch master cylinder assembly was a surprisingly high expense. replaced mirrors, windshield and hardware, blinker, mirrors, valve cover engine guards, left wind deflector, fog lights, brake master cylinder cap, and several other things I'm forgetting. I also managed after 7 hours with a couple hammers, to re-square my panniers enough to use. I also had to work to fix my bent crash bars and pannier racks. I also had them put my 60% Tourance in place of my old, badly scalloped TKC80 so I can feel if the handling isn't right.

They told me his goal is to finish the rebuild by Thursday so they can each test ride it and if anything else needs fixed, they have time to order those parts in time for my to still pick it up Saturday. It may cost me this years Christmas bonus, and it will count as my Christmas, Birthday and Anniversary but at least it turned out to be repairable.

Dayum... So the frame and engine are all that were good?
Old 12-12-2012, 04:14 AM   #11450
Kingsized
Kingsized Adventurer

Oddometer: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trophy1298 View Post
Dayum... So the frame and engine are all that were good?
Yep! No frame damage and the engine was always fine. I cranked it the day after the wreck and it ran perfectly. Never lost any fluids, thanks to the crash bars absorbing the hits.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:04 AM   #11451
Supahflid
Wheelieless

Oddometer: 3,581
Quote:

Awesome! Glad both of you are gonna pull through!
Supahflid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:04 AM   #11452
wolfy317
Beemer lover

Oddometer: 3,425
Quote:

Man that's Awesome!

'71 BMW R75/5 | 06 BMW K1200R
wolfy317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:36 PM   #11453
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,264
Did someone mention Tamales?

sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2
backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:10 PM   #11454
Grits&Gravy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsKLR View Post
Did someone mention Tamales?

sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2
Looks like pre diarrhea to me....
Grits&Gravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:29 PM   #11455
tslaw
aged n00b

Oddometer: 2,606
My first In and Out double, double.
tslaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:11 AM   #11456
DavidQ
We Don't Rent Pigs

Oddometer: 1,966
Quote:
Originally Posted by tslaw View Post
My first In and Out double, double.

They are pretty good for a fast food burger.
Colorado / Utah 2011
NM, CO, UT, AZ 2012
DavidQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:01 AM   #11457
tslaw
aged n00b

Oddometer: 2,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidQ View Post
They are pretty good for a fast food burger.
That's what I thought. I like the way they cut the fries seconds before they cook them also.
tslaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:10 AM   #11458
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,264
Watching "On Any Sunday" for the 48th time... On an iPad, at my desk, at work... Sux to be y'all!!!!
backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:08 AM   #11459
Uwdlk2no
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
I just had to...

Ok well, I got to meet a few of you guys a couple Saturday's ago down at the gas station where 27 and 18 meet. Hint..i was the guy on the Harley :-) . After meeting everyone and talking with my friend Larry, I must have done something right because my wife ( who probably just got tired of me talking about how fun it would have been if I could have rode along ) decided to suprise me for my 40th birthday / 20 year anniversary / Christmas for two years and let me get a small dual sport bike. I am supposed to go tomorrow down to Hattisburg and pick up a TW200. It's not quite the Triumph Tiger I really wanted but hey...I'm not going to complain. So hopefully I'll get to ride with you guys soon. It's going to be the first dual sport bike I've ever ridden so I'm hoping to learn a few things. Catch you all later,

Lance ( Aka Uwdlk2no ).
Uwdlk2no is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:38 AM   #11460
DavidQ
We Don't Rent Pigs

Oddometer: 1,966
Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsKLR View Post
Watching "On Any Sunday" for the 48th time... On an iPad, at my desk, at work... Sux to be y'all!!!!
I just got paid to go pick up a bottle of Crown Royal. I am also getting paid to spend the afternoon and evening sitting around a fire drinking the Crown Royal. Sux to be y'all...
Colorado / Utah 2011
NM, CO, UT, AZ 2012
DavidQ is offline   Reply With Quote