Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2013, 09:28 PM   #11656
Anticyclone
Ride more worry less

Oddometer: 5,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unclejimmy1 View Post
Hey. I see me in that pic,,,,,,,they really have made some progress in the restoration......I wanna go see it !
UJ
Didn't get to go today. It was raining anyway and I've had enough rain riding to last a few weeks. Tomorrow's weather forecast looks nice, but my riding forecast is slightly cloudy...
Anticyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:37 PM   #11657
Anticyclone
Ride more worry less

Oddometer: 5,251
Went looking for the drag line today. I found where it had crossed the road and where it will be crossing another road, but the machine itself was not visible and the security kept me away from it, politely but firmly.

If anybody is interested, it will be crossing Johns road/CR 36 just north of Abernant, AL on Tuesday. I'd guess it will be in view most of the day.
Anticyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:57 PM   #11658
Knightwork
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 865
Hey since the path of that small piece of equipment is so small ---will it make a good route to take one day????

'09 R1200GSA (Frau Brueller)
Knightwork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:06 PM   #11659
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightwork View Post
Hey since the path of that small piece of equipment is so small ---will it make a good route to take one day????
In the article, it states they have a reclamation crew grading and planting right behind it. And it is crossing private land that the company paid right of way to cross... but I'm sure they would let us try....
backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:10 PM   #11660
Knightwork
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 865
I'm sure that you and Anti--being the "Gentlemen" that ya'll are could finnese your way for us to have a go at it

Maybe tell them that we need to check out the finished areas for conservation issues

'09 R1200GSA (Frau Brueller)
Knightwork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:13 PM   #11661
stewarrd
JHF

Oddometer: 120
Anyone riding this week?

Just got back state side and was wondering if anyone was riding this week?

RD
1975 Honda CB 750
2005 Kawasaki KDX220R and 1990 Honda CT 70
stewarrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:53 AM   #11662
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Anyone a big snow skier? I've never been but am planning a trip for Spring Break. Anyone ever used waterproof motorcycle pants to ski in? They have the pre bent knees and padded armor that I think will be nice... I notice KLIM makes both snow and motorcycle gear. I'd rather buy some gear I can use more than once if I can use one for the other.... Or use ski bibs as motorcycle pants after the trip, etc...
Old 01-07-2013, 07:24 AM   #11663
CrashDummy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,288
Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsKLR View Post
Anyone a big snow skier? I've never been but am planning a trip for Spring Break. Anyone ever used waterproof motorcycle pants to ski in? They have the pre bent knees and padded armor that I think will be nice... I notice KLIM makes both snow and motorcycle gear. I'd rather buy some gear I can use more than once if I can use one for the other.... Or use ski bibs as motorcycle pants after the trip, etc...
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=852183

Sounds like if they're wind and water proof, and not too stiff you should be ok?
If you posted a thread on Face Plant that you crashed because an eagle attacked your helmet, you'd get five people saying how you should know better than to paint your helmet _________ and another five who will suggest you should have taken the MSF Eagle Avoidance course. Then another five will say the Eagle Avoidance Course sucks....
CrashDummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:34 AM   #11664
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashDummy View Post
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=852183

Sounds like if they're wind and water proof, and not too stiff you should be ok?

COol. I posted my question there, too. We'll see what they say...
Old 01-07-2013, 07:38 AM   #11665
wolfy317
Beemer lover

Oddometer: 3,425
Quote:

I used to ski a fair bit in jr high and high school. Every time I geared up for skiing, I always ended up taking the gear off and skiing in jeans and a t-shirt because it's warmer than you think up on top of the mountain. At least that was my experiences over spring breaks.

'71 BMW R75/5 | 06 BMW K1200R
wolfy317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:43 AM   #11666
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfy317 View Post
I used to ski a fair bit in jr high and high school. Every time I geared up for skiing, I always ended up taking the gear off and skiing in jeans and a t-shirt because it's warmer than you think up on top of the mountain. At least that was my experiences over spring breaks.
My nephew said he was in a long sleeve t shirt and his ski pants last year and we are going to the same resort this year... I basically want to know if I can wear my First Gear pants with knee and hip armor and whatever top I want for the temps. Got a Columbia ski jacket already so I can throw that on if needed. I know I will appreciate the armor / padding!!!
Old 01-07-2013, 07:54 AM   #11667
wolfy317
Beemer lover

Oddometer: 3,425
Quote:
My nephew said he was in a long sleeve t shirt and his ski pants last year and we are going to the same resort this year... I basically want to know if I can wear my First Gear pants with knee and hip armor and whatever top I want for the temps. Got a Columbia ski jacket already so I can throw that on if needed. I know I will appreciate the armor / padding!!!
I don't see why not, but they may be a little restrictive in terms of movement. At least my pants would be.... Most falls I can remember were on my hips and butt. Of course then I didn't need the padding.....now....... yah...... Ah good memories hahahaha...... Hope you have a blast!

'71 BMW R75/5 | 06 BMW K1200R
wolfy317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:06 AM   #11668
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfy317 View Post
I don't see why not, but they may be a little restrictive in terms of movement. At least my pants would be.... Most falls I can remember were on my hips and butt. Of course then I didn't need the padding.....now....... yah...... Ah good memories hahahaha...... Hope you have a blast!
I was in academy sports looking at waterproofing spray and all of their cans were aresol and the tops were broken or missing so there is i didn't get any, thinking they may have been busted and sprayed in shipping... But I hope to re spray my gear after the NYD fiasco...
Old 01-07-2013, 09:40 AM   #11669
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,920
as long as you have good room to move in them i don't see any reason you cant use them. my cold weather riding jacket is a ski jacket I got at a stupidly good price due to it missing the hood.

"My mind jumped off the high dive into the deep end of the gutter and took scuba gear with it" Me.
Switchblade315 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:19 AM   #11670
Schall87
Adventurer

Oddometer: 38
Hey guys does this sprocket look completely ruined? There are a few normal teeth at the 3 o'clock position lol

Schall87 is offline   Reply With Quote