ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013, 11:35 AM   #11911
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer
 
backwoodsKLR's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Central Mississippi
Oddometer: 9,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by carabnsol View Post
How about I just make you a good deal on a low hour 2002 KTM 400 that is easily converted to a dual sport.

Do I get to take it for a test ride this weekend to see if I like it? (may be taking the lil' red bikes out to see how the kids do now that they are older)
__________________
2013 Tiger 800XC
Explore: Backwoods, MS
MS Tag-O-Rama Map / Jackson, MS Local Tag-O-Rama Map

backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:37 AM   #11912
carabnsol
should have been a cowboy
 
carabnsol's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Mississippi
Oddometer: 2,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsKLR View Post
Do I get to take it for a test ride this weekend to see if I like it? (may be taking the lil' red bikes out to see how the kids do now that they are older)
By all means!
__________________
Mommas don't let your cowboys grow up to be babies
carabnsol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:38 AM   #11913
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer
 
backwoodsKLR's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Central Mississippi
Oddometer: 9,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by carabnsol View Post
By all means!
Wait, is it 4 stroke or 2 stroke? Electric or kick start?
__________________
2013 Tiger 800XC
Explore: Backwoods, MS
MS Tag-O-Rama Map / Jackson, MS Local Tag-O-Rama Map

backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:48 AM   #11914
carabnsol
should have been a cowboy
 
carabnsol's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Mississippi
Oddometer: 2,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsKLR View Post
Wait, is it 4 stroke or 2 stroke? Electric or kick start?
4 stroke with electric start and a dead battery, so right now a kickstart.
__________________
Mommas don't let your cowboys grow up to be babies
carabnsol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:50 AM   #11915
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer
 
backwoodsKLR's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Central Mississippi
Oddometer: 9,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by carabnsol View Post
4 stroke with electric start and a dead battery, so right now a kickstart.
I'll have to reduce my offer since it is not in good condition!!!

SX or EXC?
__________________
2013 Tiger 800XC
Explore: Backwoods, MS
MS Tag-O-Rama Map / Jackson, MS Local Tag-O-Rama Map

backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:13 PM   #11916
carabnsol
should have been a cowboy
 
carabnsol's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Mississippi
Oddometer: 2,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsklr View Post
i'll have to reduce my offer since it is not in good condition!!!

sx or exc?
mxc
__________________
Mommas don't let your cowboys grow up to be babies
carabnsol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:27 PM   #11917
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer
 
backwoodsKLR's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Central Mississippi
Oddometer: 9,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by carabnsol View Post
mxc
Hmm... tried googling and can't find much info on MXC. This is the one I hauled to dFR for you, right? The few links I find say it is a MXC Racing version... So it's more of a Motorcross Race Bike and not a Trail / Enduro bike? Should have taken you up on that test ride at dFR!!!
__________________
2013 Tiger 800XC
Explore: Backwoods, MS
MS Tag-O-Rama Map / Jackson, MS Local Tag-O-Rama Map

backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:06 PM   #11918
carabnsol
should have been a cowboy
 
carabnsol's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Mississippi
Oddometer: 2,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsKLR View Post
Hmm... tried googling and can't find much info on MXC. This is the one I hauled to dFR for you, right? The few links I find say it is a MXC Racing version... So it's more of a Motorcross Race Bike and not a Trail / Enduro bike? Should have taken you up on that test ride at dFR!!!
I think they considered it a desert racer. Six speed tranny geared high, 4 gallon tank. I put on a larger rear sprocket to gear it down for the woods. I rode several enduros on it. I always sucked, but it wasn't the bike's fault. I bought it because at the time it was the only dirt bike with electric start. You are welcome to take it out and try it.
__________________
Mommas don't let your cowboys grow up to be babies
carabnsol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:16 PM   #11919
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer
 
backwoodsKLR's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Central Mississippi
Oddometer: 9,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by carabnsol View Post
I think they considered it a desert racer. Six speed tranny geared high, 4 gallon tank. I put on a larger rear sprocket to gear it down for the woods. I rode several enduros on it. I always sucked, but it wasn't the bike's fault. I bought it because at the time it was the only dirt bike with electric start. You are welcome to take it out and try it.
Who am I kidding? I need another bike like I need... well, ... hmm.. Okay, maybe I do need another bike. Just got to figure out which one!
__________________
2013 Tiger 800XC
Explore: Backwoods, MS
MS Tag-O-Rama Map / Jackson, MS Local Tag-O-Rama Map

backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:00 PM   #11920
BradH
Gnarly Adventurer
 
BradH's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Brandon/Port Gibson, MS
Oddometer: 272
Good day to play in the water...
BradH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:52 PM   #11921
Trophy1298
Vicarious Cowboy
 
Trophy1298's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: THE SOUTH
Oddometer: 5,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradH View Post
Good day to play in the water...

Thanks, now I gotta pee.
__________________
I'll be back....
Trophy1298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:38 PM   #11922
BradH
Gnarly Adventurer
 
BradH's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Brandon/Port Gibson, MS
Oddometer: 272
So if I had 4 or 5 hours to ride tomorrow afternoon, where would you suggest? Looking for some good backroads closer to Rankin co. I don't have time for Rodney, so what's closer that's worth the ride?
BradH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:43 PM   #11923
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer
 
backwoodsKLR's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Central Mississippi
Oddometer: 9,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradH View Post
So if I had 4 or 5 hours to ride tomorrow afternoon, where would you suggest? Looking for some good backroads closer to Rankin co. I don't have time for Rodney, so what's closer that's worth the ride?
I can send you a link to a local gravel loop around the rez, if you'd like. Got it saved on a google map.
__________________
2013 Tiger 800XC
Explore: Backwoods, MS
MS Tag-O-Rama Map / Jackson, MS Local Tag-O-Rama Map

backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:50 PM   #11924
BradH
Gnarly Adventurer
 
BradH's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Brandon/Port Gibson, MS
Oddometer: 272
Yes please.... Still have my email?
BradH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:00 PM   #11925
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer
 
backwoodsKLR's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Central Mississippi
Oddometer: 9,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradH View Post
Yes please.... Still have my email?

Try this...

View Dual-Sport Reservoir Loop in a larger map

Or This: http://goo.gl/maps/mdceH

Local loop of gravel and pavement that loops around the rez... Red roads are unpaved.
__________________
2013 Tiger 800XC
Explore: Backwoods, MS
MS Tag-O-Rama Map / Jackson, MS Local Tag-O-Rama Map

backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014