Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2013, 09:19 PM   #12616
stewarrd
JHF

Oddometer: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by 990 trailblazer View Post
a couple of us jacafrica area inmates are heading to lake hill motors friday to meet up with other like minded souls to ride some tennesse/north miss tat trails/roads.

leaving sat morning from corinth,spending the night in fayetteville tenn, heading back toward corinth sunday. app400 miles

anyone interested? I'm leaving fri morn, return monday. Greg P is trailering up fri eve and may have some room on the trailer for KLRs and other non riding bikes

more details in ADV upcoming thread.
Would love too but got to return to work Monday
1975 Honda CB 750
2005 Kawasaki KDX220R and 1990 Honda CT 70
stewarrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:50 AM   #12617
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,422
If anyone is looking for a deal on a new Triumph Tiger 800XC, I stopped by CSC at lunch at they have a black one (blurry cell phone pic below) that some guy came in and wanted to buy, had them add center stand and a few farkles to it, and then walked out before signing the paperwork... Might could get a deal on this one!

(Now if I can find out why my last few cell phone pics have been so blurry....)
backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:47 PM   #12618
carabnsol
should have been a cowboy

Oddometer: 2,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsKLR View Post
If anyone is looking for a deal on a new Triumph Tiger 800XC, I stopped by CSC at lunch at they have a black one (blurry cell phone pic below) that some guy came in and wanted to buy, had them add center stand and a few farkles to it, and then walked out before signing the paperwork... Might could get a deal on this one!

Are the black ones faster?
Old 05-14-2013, 02:51 PM   #12619
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by carabnsol View Post
Are the black ones faster?

No, the Khaki Green ones are the best, but they don't one of those in stock, except in the 1200 Explorer XC...
Old 05-14-2013, 04:28 PM   #12620
wolfy317
Beemer lover

Oddometer: 3,432
Quote:
No, the Khaki Green ones are the best, but they don't one of those in stock, except in the 1200 Explorer XC...
It's probably faster

'71 BMW R75/5 | 06 BMW K1200R
wolfy317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:17 PM   #12621
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,319
Quote:

My last cell did that after a drop. knocked the lens out of focus.

"My mind jumped off the high dive into the deep end of the gutter and took scuba gear with it" Me.
Switchblade315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:08 PM   #12622
DavidQ
We Don't Rent Pigs

Oddometer: 2,014
One of those dumb ass mistakes

I decided to put my low fender back on the 990. I put the bike on the lift and on the center stand. I had to remove the front wheel to move the brake lines back on the inside of the forks. I started removing the front wheel like I've done countless times before. When I pulled the front axle out, it became apparent that I forgot to strap down the back of the bike. The bike tipped down in the front end and promptly fell off the center stand. As a result, this smashed my left hand between the tire and the fender with the entire weight of the front end on my hand. I tried pulling my hand out but the fender was just digging into the top of my wrist and hand. I couldn't lift the bike because the arm that was free is attached to the shoulder that I just had surgery on and is still very weak. I decided my only option was to use my shoulder and shove the bike off the lift and hope it didn't cut or break my hand. I should mention that I was on the off side of the lift and couldn't reach the lowering lever, so the bike was 3 feet above the ground and was likely to sustain damage when it hit the ground. I clinched my teeth and shoved. To my surprise the bike pushed off my hand and just before falling off the lift, the skid plate hooked the lip of the lift and somehow managed to not fall off. I was able to jack the bike back up and cinch it down appropriately. No damage other than a sore hand and wrist.
Colorado / Utah 2011
NM, CO, UT, AZ 2012
DavidQ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:18 PM   #12623
BradH
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 272
Wow! Glad you're ok! I seem to remember a very similar incident myself only it involved a high lift and my jeep.... Only that the jeep bounced when the freshly cut sheet metal fender hit the tire with my hand on top and it was just enough time for me to snatch my hand back, but not before sustaining some pretty gnarly nerve damage and some broken bones in my right hand... and I considered myself lucky. Had I not jerked my hand I'd probably still be in that barn. My poor pregnant wife would have never managed to lift it back off of me.
BradH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:22 PM   #12624
BradH
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 272
As a matter of fact, it bounced off those boggers I bought from you... Lol
BradH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:23 PM   #12625
Anticyclone
Ride more worry less

Oddometer: 5,428
Damn DQ, don't do that .

Glad you're alright!
Anticyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:23 PM   #12626
Knightwork
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 908
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidQ View Post
I decided to put my low fender back on the 990. I put the bike on the lift and on the center stand. I had to remove the front wheel to move the brake lines back on the inside of the forks. I started removing the front wheel like I've done countless times before. When I pulled the front axle out, it became apparent that I forgot to strap down the back of the bike. The bike tipped down in the front end and promptly fell off the center stand. As a result, this smashed my left hand between the tire and the fender with the entire weight of the front end on my hand. I tried pulling my hand out but the fender was just digging into the top of my wrist and hand. I couldn't lift the bike because the arm that was free is attached to the shoulder that I just had surgery on and is still very weak. I decided my only option was to use my shoulder and shove the bike off the lift and hope it didn't cut or break my hand. I should mention that I was on the off side of the lift and couldn't reach the lowering lever, so the bike was 3 feet above the ground and was likely to sustain damage when it hit the ground. I clinched my teeth and shoved. To my surprise the bike pushed off my hand and just before falling off the lift, the skid plate hooked the lip of the lift and somehow managed to not fall off. I was able to jack the bike back up and cinch it down appropriately. No damage other than a sore hand and wrist.
OK how many time do we have to tell you not to do things like that at this point glad you ok

'09 R1200GSA (Frau Brueller)
Knightwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:41 PM   #12627
Uwdlk2no
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
I'm glad you're ok...but I'm starting to think you dont really like riding....seems like you're doing everything you can to get out of it.

:-)

Lance
Uwdlk2no is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:10 PM   #12628
babarnette
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 903
Quote:

It's almost like a dream effect...
babarnette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:17 PM   #12629
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

DQ?!?!? If you weren't bigger than me I'd offer to kick your butt, but even with one arm I think you'd still whoop me! Now quit doing stuff like this! Glad it wasn't any worse. ..
Old 05-15-2013, 09:19 PM   #12630
babarnette
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by uwdlk2no View Post
i'm glad you're ok...but i'm starting to think you dont really like riding....seems like you're doing everything you can to get out of it.

:-)

lance
+1
babarnette is offline   Reply With Quote