aaron2a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 01:36 PM   #12932
optikalilluzion4
Okie Dokie

Oddometer: 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron2a View Post
If only I was off work...
I'm actually gonna wait til tomorrow morning to maybe start burning the stuff.
optikalilluzion4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 02:08 PM   #12933
aaron2a
supermoto hooligan

Oddometer: 675
I work 12-8 tomorrow ghead:
Old 06-22-2013, 05:02 PM   #12934
babarnette
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 903
Phew, after 3 long hot days shooting all-star baseball tournaments I am now officially done with baseball until next year! My face is the reddest it has ever been and all of my hair has been bleached blonde from the sun. I'm gonna get all the pics uploaded to my website and then I can go riding for the next couple of weeks before any more sports jobs start!
babarnette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 04:18 PM   #12935
Red99ryder
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supahflid View Post
Welcome to the forum. I believe there are a couple of people who ride that bike.

Have you noticed this thread yet: Saturday breakfast with MS ADVenture Riders?

Thanks Supa , I will make to check the link , I checked back too late for yesterday ,, Maybe next weekend
Red
Red99ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:28 PM   #12936
Knightwork
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 910
Quote:
Originally Posted by optikalilluzion4 View Post
Come on, we can drink beer and set shit on fire. Does it get any better than that???
Trophy might help you burn stuff --only if you get him some green bamboo where he can giggle like a little girl when it explodes---think it turns him on

couldn't resist

'09 R1200GSA (Frau Brueller)
Knightwork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 09:41 PM   #12937
Trophy1298
Vicarious Cowboy

Oddometer: 5,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightwork View Post
Trophy might help you burn stuff --only if you get him some green bamboo where he can giggle like a little girl when it explodes---think it turns him on

couldn't resist
It was a hell of a lot of fun.
Old 06-23-2013, 10:19 PM   #12938
aaron2a
supermoto hooligan

Oddometer: 675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightwork View Post

couldn't resist
It's funny to slip the bamboo in when none expects it
Old 06-26-2013, 06:58 AM   #12939
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,335
ok guys, I want to pic the collective knowledge here. The FZ has been really harsh with bumps since the oh shit moment and blowing the rear shock. I am really sure the lower millage shock is simply stiffer and I just need to adjust it, but it feels like the front is as well. now here's why I'm asking, give me a dirt bike and I can set it up to handle great, but this is the first street bike I am going to try to adjust.

So here's my question, the FZ was perfect with just backing the preload down a little from how Tslaw had it set to where i needed it for my weight. now what has changed I replaced the rear shock, but the front also took as big a hit and the rear. I first noticed it beating me on those nasty roads we went on a few weeks ago, but i've been running it back and forth to work and I feel every little bump. so can the rear shock be stiff enough to make it feel like the front is also to stiff? I will start with the rear first because that's what I changed out, but I just want more knowledge before I start twisting settings. and I set this shock to the same points the old one was. And it is a stock FZ shock not a up grade.

"My mind jumped off the high dive into the deep end of the gutter and took scuba gear with it" Me.
Switchblade315 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:28 AM   #12940
tslaw
aged n00b

Oddometer: 2,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switchblade315 View Post
ok guys, I want to pic the collective knowledge here. The FZ has been really harsh with bumps since the oh shit moment and blowing the rear shock. I am really sure the lower millage shock is simply stiffer and I just need to adjust it, but it feels like the front is as well. now here's why I'm asking, give me a dirt bike and I can set it up to handle great, but this is the first street bike I am going to try to adjust.

So here's my question, the FZ was perfect with just backing the preload down a little from how Tslaw had it set to where i needed it for my weight. now what has changed I replaced the rear shock, but the front also took as big a hit and the rear. I first noticed it beating me on those nasty roads we went on a few weeks ago, but i've been running it back and forth to work and I feel every little bump. so can the rear shock be stiff enough to make it feel like the front is also to stiff? I will start with the rear first because that's what I changed out, but I just want more knowledge before I start twisting settings. and I set this shock to the same points the old one was. And it is a stock FZ shock not a up grade.
You need to gain about 50 lbs and it would be perfect.

I don't know, I only had to increase the preload in the rear a few clicks and it was ok for me (never adjusted the damping). Most hardcore FZ1 riders spend 1-2k on a real suspension designed for their weight. Ravenrider on the FZ1OA has a cheap mod for the front end, but I think it was to stiffen it up a little. The FZ1 suspension is generally too soft for most riders, but it really doesn't matter unless you are riding very agressively. Could be as simple as air pressure in your tires for your normal riding. I did read that the bushings in the forks requires replacing every 20K - I got the fork oil changed routinely, but I suspect that no parts were ever changed in the 88K that I put on the bike.
tslaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:03 AM   #12941
Supahflid
Wheelieless

Oddometer: 3,652

Someone's getting some awesomeness!
Supahflid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:36 AM   #12942
Anticyclone
Ride more worry less

Oddometer: 5,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supahflid View Post

Someone's getting some awesomeness!
PWD?

(Posting While Driving)
Anticyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:09 AM   #12943
Cliff-77
Lost Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,067
Awesome

Yes indeed.
IBA#54495 Patriotism is supporting your country all the time,and your government when it deserves it.Mark Twain.
Cliff-77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:34 AM   #12944
Supahflid
Wheelieless

Oddometer: 3,652
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticyclone View Post
PWD?

(Posting While Driving)
I was only driving a little.
Supahflid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:01 AM   #12945
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,335
Quote:
Originally Posted by tslaw View Post
You need to gain about 50 lbs and it would be perfect.

I don't know, I only had to increase the preload in the rear a few clicks and it was ok for me (never adjusted the damping). Most hardcore FZ1 riders spend 1-2k on a real suspension designed for their weight. Ravenrider on the FZ1OA has a cheap mod for the front end, but I think it was to stiffen it up a little. The FZ1 suspension is generally too soft for most riders, but it really doesn't matter unless you are riding very agressively. Could be as simple as air pressure in your tires for your normal riding. I did read that the bushings in the forks requires replacing every 20K - I got the fork oil changed routinely, but I suspect that no parts were ever changed in the 88K that I put on the bike.

This is something that has changed after the jump. Or jumps I should say. When I got it from you all I had to do was back the front preload off two lines and back the rear down a few spots. Everything else was perfict. I haven't changed tire presure since that day the only thing I have done was change the rear shock. I'm about to ride it home for lunch I'm going to back the rear preload off two clicks and see what that does. It is after all a spring with 12k miles on it and not 93k. Honestly if it road this bad the whole time I would have sold it by now. Think lowrider truck ruff. Its posible it damaged the bushings in the front but I don't think the front bottomed like the rear did.

"My mind jumped off the high dive into the deep end of the gutter and took scuba gear with it" Me.
Switchblade315 is online now   Reply With Quote