ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-27-2013, 07:35 AM   #12961
Anticyclone
Ride more worry less
 
Anticyclone's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Columbus, MS
Oddometer: 4,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsKLR View Post
I might be interested in riding over...

Hey Super... Maybe you just need to upgrade to the new 1190 to work on Mad Wheelie Skillz..
Love the puff of smoke when the front wheel touches down. Anybody seen Peaches lately?
__________________
Later,
Michael
"If I can't pass at a reasonable speed I do it unreasonably." - jdmetzger
Anticyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 07:38 AM   #12962
Supahflid
Wheelieless
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Brandon, MS
Oddometer: 3,425
Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsKLR View Post
I might be interested in riding over...

Hey Super... Maybe you just need to upgrade to the new 1190 to work on Mad Wheelie Skillz..
Ha! Nice. DQ could do that. I lack the desire to try anymore. Failure is too expensive!
Supahflid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 07:41 AM   #12963
CrashDummy
Beastly Adventurer
 
CrashDummy's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Madison, MS
Oddometer: 1,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsKLR View Post
They cut the power to our whole neighborhood and possibly others this morning at 7:36... If I could sell my house, I would move to get out of this HELL!!!!!
If I could get a house on Old Fannin for the cost of a used KLR, I'd still run the hell away
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by garandman
If you posted a thread on Face Plant that you crashed because an eagle attacked your helmet, you'd get five people saying how you should know better than to paint your helmet _________ and another five who will suggest you should have taken the MSF Eagle Avoidance course. Then another five will say the Eagle Avoidance Course sucks....
CrashDummy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 07:46 AM   #12964
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer
 
backwoodsKLR's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Central Mississippi
Oddometer: 8,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticyclone View Post
Love the puff of smoke when the front wheel touches down. Anybody seen Peaches lately?
Peaches and D#2 were both at a M-Braves game last week and both texted me saying they were sitting near someone that reminded them of the other...
backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 07:46 AM   #12965
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer
 
backwoodsKLR's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Central Mississippi
Oddometer: 8,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashDummy View Post
If I could get a house on Old Fannin for the cost of a used KLR, I'd still run the hell away
New KLR or a older style KLR?
backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:31 AM   #12966
Supahflid
Wheelieless
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Brandon, MS
Oddometer: 3,425
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidQ View Post
Anyone around here interested / able to go to Vicksburg this afternoon to see the "Great Race" cars?

I haven't decided if I am riding or driving yet. Being in the mid 90's this afternoon may entice me to drive. I'd like to be there by 4:30ish.
I wish I could. I had intended to give you a shout yesterday, but I ended up working late.
Supahflid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:30 AM   #12967
carabnsol
should have been a cowboy
 
carabnsol's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Mississippi
Oddometer: 1,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticyclone View Post
Love the puff of smoke when the front wheel touches down. Anybody seen Peaches lately?
Talked with him last week. He is not really riding much anymore. His arm has never healed following his crash and he wants to avoid surgery if possible.
__________________
Mommas don't let your cowboys grow up to be babies
carabnsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 05:19 PM   #12968
optikalilluzion4
Okie Dokie
 
optikalilluzion4's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: Brandon, Mississippi
Oddometer: 226
I don't know if this a new concept or not, but I just figured out that if you cut your grass once a week in the summer it only takes an hour to do.
optikalilluzion4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 05:31 PM   #12969
tslaw
aged n00b
 
tslaw's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Vxb, Mississippi
Oddometer: 2,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidQ View Post
Anyone around here interested / able to go to Vicksburg this afternoon to see the "Great Race" cars?

I haven't decided if I am riding or driving yet. Being in the mid 90's this afternoon may entice me to drive. I'd like to be there by 4:30ish.
Looked for any ADV Riders - found Muley. Haven't seen Walt in weeks so it was a good trip. Watched for an hour and a half. Got hot. Went home.

Cool old cars. Vicksburg could have taken better advantage of the event - way fewer people out there than I expected.

Cannot help it, but my favorite cars are what was popular when I was growing up. This one is the Come Back Camaro since it was rebuilt from a totaled car by its owner, a woman, and her friends. Also it's an SS 396.


Car from the 1965 movie, the Great Race.


The man came through and I got nervous.

tslaw screwed with this post 06-27-2013 at 06:39 PM
tslaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 05:45 PM   #12970
DavidQ
We Don't Rent Pigs
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Brandon, MS
Oddometer: 1,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by tslaw View Post
Looked for any ADV Riders - found Muley. Haven't seen Walt in weeks so it was a good trip. Watched for an hour and a half. Got hot. Went home.

Cool old cars. Vicksburg could have taken better advantage of the event - way fewer people out there than I expected.
We just left and are sitting at El Sombrero enjoying the AC. Very cool cars. I also expected a much bigger crowd. .
__________________
2001 1150GS / Ural Hack
2011 990 Adv R
Colorado / Utah 2010
Colorado / Utah 2011
NM, CO, UT, AZ 2012
DavidQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:48 PM   #12971
tslaw
aged n00b
 
tslaw's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Vxb, Mississippi
Oddometer: 2,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidQ View Post
We just left and are sitting at El Sombrero enjoying the AC. Very cool cars. I also expected a much bigger crowd. .
We don't really have good Mexican in Vicksburg, but my favorite is the Hat. Great chips and salsa chased by cold cervesa. Stay thirsty my friend.
tslaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:42 PM   #12972
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer
 
backwoodsKLR's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Central Mississippi
Oddometer: 8,874
Just posted my pics in my Daytrippin thread! Sorry we missed seeing Muley and Tslaw. Got to talk to JeffRides at his Packard for a bit.
backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:50 PM   #12973
Cliff-77
Lost Adventurer
 
Cliff-77's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Miss,
Oddometer: 1,067
Great Race

I may go early in the morning,eat breakfast&watch em leave,bees cooler then.
__________________
IBA#54495 Patriotism is supporting your country all the time,and your government when it deserves it.Mark Twain.
Cliff-77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:47 AM   #12974
babarnette
Studly Adventurer
 
babarnette's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Brandon, MS (On The Rez)
Oddometer: 782
I'm going stir crazy sitting at my house. Anybody want to get out and ride for an hour or so this morning? I sorted, cropped, and edited over 6,000 pictures from that baseball tournament and finally got them uploaded. It's a good thing I have business class Internet otherwise Comcast would shit a brick.
babarnette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:32 AM   #12975
optikalilluzion4
Okie Dokie
 
optikalilluzion4's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: Brandon, Mississippi
Oddometer: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by babarnette View Post
I'm going stir crazy sitting at my house. Anybody want to get out and ride for an hour or so this morning? I sorted, cropped, and edited over 6,000 pictures from that baseball tournament and finally got them uploaded. It's a good thing I have business class Internet otherwise Comcast would shit a brick.
Hey man, I really wish I could just leave work and go waste a whole tank of gas today with you.
optikalilluzion4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014